Real life picture thread

Started by Eywayä mokri, December 25, 2009, 04:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aperture

Étienne

Ah touché.

Is.

Quote from: Txep Txelan on January 06, 2010, 03:45:00 AM
Okies, here I am at work, I don't get very many people in at work to practice Na'vi with, but I have talked a lot of my coworkers into seeing the movie, and even the ones who weren't in to it before, loved it after they saw it.  :)

That's awesome! Are you responsible for the fMRI? Please tell us how far away we are from building blue bodies and transferring our consciousnesses into them? I've seen that we can build organs and tissue and stuff in the lab now with stem cells, so the former shouldn't take too long, but the latter...  :D

xsoft

Well ... and this is me.

//Daylife - IT, Data warehouses, .. just everything with computers
//Nightlife - Machine dance, music games and BEMANI
Navi != Na'vi. Deku Tree != Utral Aymokriyä

Coyote

Okies, here I am at work, I don't get very many people in at work to practice Na'vi with, but I have talked a lot of my coworkers into seeing the movie, and even the ones who weren't in to it before, loved it after they saw it.  :)

And now we know why they call it a CAT Scan.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Atanä mungeyu

omg avatar link XD
eywa ayngahu
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

Eywa ngahu

hmmm sry guys, even though we are becoming capable of growing full scale body part, there is still the problem with the link :P
how are you supposed to move a full personallity into a construct with 0 sec. delay between the controlling person and the construct(this includes information from all of the constructs senses etc.), even if you are compatible with one another when looking at the nerves :)
and if it is so close to a copy of you, how do you ensure that it does not develop fully, with a brain of its own, but instead becomes one capable of being a link-construct to the maschine you may be connected to? (just some thoughts, but if you can answear them all, well then we won't be that far from a real version of the Avatar-idea ^^)

Txep Txelan

YOU HAVE AN AVATAR MACHINE.

Yes, um...this is not a....er.....real MRI machine, don't think it is, it's.....um.....a Pre-production, Artificial Neural Linkage Avatar Connection Device Prototype....should be out in time for the holidays.....3010.   ;)  Still working on the body containing unit, so far just got the head thingie.  (Sorry 'bout the highly technical terms there). 
"Mawey na'viyä mawey!" - Neytiri

Tanhì'itan

Quote from: Cybi on January 06, 2010, 04:51:59 AM
That's me.

Yes, that's right, I have four arms.

I am so totally jealous.....

Ikran Tribe

Ma Tsmuke: Tanhì'ite
*Loves the Sea Clan Leader from movie.

xelloss

Kaltxì ayngaru !

Here are my pictures...

On retrouve le Xelloss dans les pires situations, comme le montre ces clichés
Qui donnent l'objectif...
D'un gugus peut brilant...
Qui, sans tomber dans l'négatif...
Sont révélateurs...
De mauvais reflexs...
(J'suis à court de calambourgs photographiques)

=> If vou don't understand french, the text above is not funny
The last words of each sentence is a "word game" with the photographic world
=> I'm trying te make a good translation... :P

En mode chafoin total...
(Crazy SoftAir Mode)

En mode Chasseur de Vampires... (Vampire Hunter Mode)

En mode Chasseur de Taupes... (Mole Hunter Mode)

En mode Travail...(Working Mode)
Ayé, chef (Ay Sir)
je l'ai, chef (I got it Sir)
Pourquoi c'est flou, chef (Why it's fuzzy ?)
Hein, chef (hmm ? Sir ?)
Chef (Sir ?)

Kìyevame, ulte Eywa ayngaru
Le premier homme qui est mort à du être drôlement surpris.
Partir c'est mourir un peu, et mourir c'est partir beaucoup.
La Terre est basse.
Les lénitions, en rouge

Le Na'vi fpi Ayskxawng 2022

Kreagus

This one was taken back in october but I'm too lazy to take a pic now so here i am. hehe. I like the face i was making here. O.o

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Quote from: Eywa ngahu on January 06, 2010, 12:43:53 PM
hmmm sry guys, even though we are becoming capable of growing full scale body part, there is still the problem with the link :P
how are you supposed to move a full personallity into a construct with 0 sec. delay between the controlling person and the construct(this includes information from all of the constructs senses etc.), even if you are compatible with one another when looking at the nerves :)
and if it is so close to a copy of you, how do you ensure that it does not develop fully, with a brain of its own, but instead becomes one capable of being a link-construct to the maschine you may be connected to? (just some thoughts, but if you can answear them all, well then we won't be that far from a real version of the Avatar-idea ^^)

How aboud WiFi-N Dual Band? LOL.
Of course we can't imagine now, but we'll have some HUGE technical improvements going on. Come on, everybody knows USB 3.0 is coming with 4,8Gbps and everyone knows that USB 3.1 is wireless. No. When you look at the videolog of Jake Sully, you see he was there August, 2145(?). So we are still having 135 years to go till then. I think the computers will be able to more by themselves than all computers right now could.

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Nuclearseal

Green Screen Fun (Video Response)

watch me in video not a pic :P

its just a random video( video response actually) from my youtube page :P

but well u got my face and expressions :D

Ptxèrra

i think that moving your conciousness would be dangerous...
people can leave there body, but then he's dead.

so if there is a transfer possible, the first thing that will happen with the tests, test person dies.
you cant replace counciousness via electronics, its a different form of "energy"
Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Quote from: Ptxèrra on January 07, 2010, 08:07:15 AM
i think that moving your conciousness would be dangerous...
people can leave there body, but then he's dead.

so if there is a transfer possible, the first thing that will happen with the tests, test person dies.
you cant replace counciousness via electronics, its a different form of "energy"
You aren't moving conciousness. You are still in you're own body. It's like when you're asleep. That's why you need to empty your mind. To relax and fall asleep. Just before you fall asleep, your neural system gets 'hacked' by the link program. It makes your body thinks you're asleep, so you won't feel a thing (like peeing? (He was gone for ages, why wouldn't he need to pee?)). But your mind still thinks you're awake and sends tasks to your muscles which are captured by the link program and are send to your Avatar by a new form of technology. That's why you're DNA is needed for growing an Avatar body.

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Brainiac

Once again => Keep it on topic, pleeze. We want pictures in the pictures thread :)
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

kewnya txamew'itan

ok, fìpo oe lu (this is me):

I feel a bit vain posting pictures of myself online. Oh well...
Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

Ftiafpi

that first picture is really nice with the blurred background.

kewnya txamew'itan

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 07, 2010, 12:46:22 PM
that first picture is really nice with the blurred background.

That was taken on Christmas day when I was hiking through my first white Christmas in the Malvern hills, I like it, it's currently my facebook pic.

The second was taken by me from a disposible camera and my arm isn't long enough for me to get it far enough away to focus properly. It was in Easter starting the powerboat journey to Portsmouth (I got to do the middle half which was the fun (fastest, choppiest and with the most traffic) bit).
Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

calilyfsabeach

Hereee we go I guess :D

Was Halloween, don't ask about the make up xD