This is my Story

Started by Desteny, February 18, 2012, 02:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desteny

Well... Actually, having no idea how I am supposed to start a greeting post, I am going to do it in the most trite way.
Hello, everyone. My name is Andrew (Андрей in my native language). I live in Ukraine and I am 22 at the moment. I knew about this forum for a long time but somehow decided to register and join this community only now, when the impressions of the Avatar almost faded away. Nonetheless, I still remember how I felt that time and see what influence caused the Avatar movie on my life. And now I am going to write a pretty long post within the spoiler below and hope that nobody is going to get bothered reading this... just feeling like writing something long at the moment :)
Thanks for you attention and see you on the forum.

Tirea Aean

Zola'u nìprrte' ma Андрей. Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here.  :D

Alyara Arati

Welcome!  Indeed lumivalko is right, your English is very good.  You deserve to be proud of yourself.  I hope you will find many friends here; all of us have been touched by Avatar and it is always wonderful to find someone else who shares that with you. :D
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Stranger Come Knocking

I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Kamean

Ma Андрей, zola'eiu nìprrte'!  :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Herwìna

Andrei! *glomp* (As if he hadn't told me he made this post XD)

Sran! His English is epic! [insidejoke] I think he could definitely fly over towns with the power of his English-skills, if he only believed in his powers! ;) [/insidejoke]
Siyevop nga nìzawnong ayukmì, vaykrr oengeyä mefya'o ultxaräpun fìtsap nìmun.

Oe zawng
nga zawng
nìwotx awnga zawng
fte oeti zeykivawng

Ngal yamom fì'ut srak?!

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

Desteny

Thank you guys for your hospitality. ^
Next summer, I hope my English skills will be good enough to rise in the sky using the power of my mind and fly over the ocean to Seattle to participate in the AvatarMeet 2012 :)

Tsmuktengan

Kaltxì, zola'u niprrte!

You English looks absolutely fine to me. Feel free to ask all the questions you want and participate where you want.  ;)

bommel

Kaltxì and welcome to the forum :)

Ftiafpi

You could have fooled me, I thought that perhaps you were a native English speaker living in Ukraine. It would be great if you could make it to the 2012 meetup (I hope I can, too).

Oh noes! Your first Avatar experience was on a crappy camrip! Very sad only. I hope you enjoy the forums and have a great time here.

Zola'u nìprrte'!

Herwìna

Mine was a crappy camrip too, but even through that crappy camrip AVATAR managed to touch mine and Andreis souls! Do not underestimate the power of crappy camrips! XD
Siyevop nga nìzawnong ayukmì, vaykrr oengeyä mefya'o ultxaräpun fìtsap nìmun.

Oe zawng
nga zawng
nìwotx awnga zawng
fte oeti zeykivawng

Ngal yamom fì'ut srak?!

Desteny

Ftiafpi, you wouldn't have such a thought after a voice conversation, since it's a bit easier to read your text and correct mistakes before posting it than speak without mistakes at all. And, sure, that's sad, but.. It appears that we got touched not by the quality of the picture and 3D effects (like some people surely did), but by the very sense, and that must be cool. Actually, I was going to visit Kiev to see the extended edition in IMAX, but unfortunately we didn't have it in Ukraine and had to watch the usual Avatar instead. At that moment, I have watched Avatar for dozens times, so I decided not to go there. But I am surely going to watch Avatar 2 in IMAX or whatever cinema will be cool at the end of 2014. It's just two years left :)

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Desteny on February 21, 2012, 12:30:52 PM
And, sure, that's sad, but.. It appears that we got touched not by the quality of the picture and 3D effects (like some people surely did), but by the very sense, and that must be cool.

This is what is great indeed (I fail to see what is sad here).

A wide number of people in these forums has indeed been touched by the underlying messages from the film as well as various concepts.

Tsìrli

Welcome :D
and your English is great! Given the time you took to learn it :)

Desteny

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on February 21, 2012, 04:44:53 PM
I fail to see what is sad here.

The sad part must be that I didn't manage to see all the beauty of Pandora on the wide screen, but anyway, it's definitely not the most important part of Avatar

Ftiafpi

I agree, you definitely didn't miss out on the best part. It's just a shame that you couldn't experience the movie in full the first time.