0 (0%)
UTC - 11 - Midway Island
0 (0%)
UTC - 12 - Tonga
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Tìtstewan

Where are you from? - The 2013 edition!

Information (statistics) by time zone, can help LN admins, event organizers and teachers with planning of future meetups and online learning sessions!  Included with each description are sample cities and countries located within each time zone. If you really are not sure which location is yours, take a look at http://www.worldtimezone.com/ for a map spanning the Earth.

Moving to a different time zone?  No problem!  Go ahead and change your answer! This will help LN have more accurate information.

Some translators here?

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tìtstewan

So, final version is done! :D

Let's choose your location! :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Netrìp~Oetsyìp

Portland, Oregon = UTC - 8 right? I dearly miss being in more densely treed areas, but the city's got its own charms too I guess.

Tìtstewan

Niri Te

Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Ftiafpi

Yes, an updated list like this would be very useful. I wonder if we could even automate this to some degree?

Tìtstewan

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 02, 2013, 02:29:11 AM
Hmm, how we can automate this? :-\
you would have to talk to markì about that. but as people have been putting their location into their profile i bet we can get a list spit out for our use.

Tìtstewan

There are a lot of people, who have left free the location box or have written something else.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 02, 2013, 03:13:44 PM
There are a lot of people, who have left free the location box or have written something else.

True, but it would give us a start.

Tìtstewan

So, should I write a PM to Markì to ask him for a "location list"? (I could do this tomorrow.)

Taronyu Leleioae

I suspect that your best option, would be to try for the UTC time offset for accounts rather than a location list.  Many have chosen to keep the latter anonymous to protect themselves.  Whereas most/all will have adjusted their local account settings to reflect their time zone accurately.  The other small point, is that you will get a list which will include all of the already voted individuals.  If some sort of basic query script would be made, perhaps it would be helpful to get such information, but with a time line of, for example, those who have logged on in the last 1 year.  That way the list is more accurate than from the flood of users back when the forum started.

Tìtstewan

Well, I also just would writing that are a lots of inactive user here, and if Markì give me such a list...
I also have mentioned it, that the most user have wrote nothing or some things in Na'vi, text like "Location: behind you" etc...

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on August 02, 2013, 05:06:20 PM
I suspect that your best option, would be to try for the UTC time offset for accounts rather than a location list.  Many have chosen to keep the latter anonymous to protect themselves.  Whereas most/all will have adjusted their local account settings to reflect their time zone accurately.  The other small point, is that you will get a list which will include all of the already voted individuals.  If some sort of basic query script would be made, perhaps it would be helpful to get such information, but with a time line of, for example, those who have logged on in the last 1 year.  That way the list is more accurate than from the flood of users back when the forum started.

This is a great idea. I wonder if we could combine this with the date last posted days so that we can see only people active in the last year or so.

Tìtstewan

I would use last online days, not last posted days.

Ftiafpi

Tìtstewan

Who can write such a script?
But, I got an idea, give me a few days.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 03, 2013, 10:22:40 AM
Not me for sure, I haven't programmed anything in years.

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 03, 2013, 10:22:40 AM

Tìmweypey, ma 'ewana 'eylan...

My suggestion.  Go to SMF and register for an account if you don't already have one.  And search for query scripts.  Find out if they have the command script already to search the time offset field (object), and be able to export (using perhaps the pipe |) command to have that information be filtered by the last logon time frame (Which may not be in days, it may be simply stored as minutes and converted for display.)  Finding out what the object is, will help finding out what short script query to write...

Tìtstewan

A little surprise,
I think, we don't need a script anymore. ;)

I have looked to the member list and I have sorted it by posts. I have looked to every profile who has more than 10 posts (Five hours of work HRH!).
1467 profiles has more than 10 posts and of these 1467 was 346 members active (I start at 1st September 2012). I have "encrypted", added missing states/countries (by help of Wikipedia hrh) and so on. Anyway, below is a list in a spoiler with the locations. Enjoy ;)