what does your name mean?

Started by uniltiranyu aean, April 06, 2015, 02:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniltiranyu aean

kaltxi to everybody!
At the beginning of making your accounts you had to chose a username. Many of you have a name in Na'vi.
As I chosed my name, it was really difficult. I thought it should be a name which describes me.
I love the word "unil"=dream. "uniltiranyu" means sleepwalker, but it doesn't mean that I walk in the sleep. More that I live in a dream..weird I know haha. "aeana" means blue/green. I love blue.
Yes, that was my life story...

So why you chosed your name? What does it mean?
You can write me in Italian, French, German and of course in English.

Eywa ngahu

Vawmataw

Quote"uniltiranyu" means sleepwalker
Rather dreamwalker.

Quote"aeana" means blue/green
It should be aean. aeana doesn't exist. ;)

QuoteSo why you chosed your name? What does it mean?
I chose Vawmataw because I love astronomy. Vawmataw comes from Vawma taw, which means 'dark sky' (vawm = dark; taw = sky).
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Wllìm

Kaltxì ma Uniltìranyu Aeana! That is a good name, I like it :D I have a suggestion though, you can drop the final -a of Aeana. In Na'vi you only need an -a- on one side of the adjective ean, namely on the side of the corresponding word uniltìranyu. So uniltìranyu aean would be correct :)

By the way, welcome to the forum :)

As for my own name... Well, I was not creative enough. :-[ I just took a Na'vi-fied version of my real-world name (Willem). I wanted to retain the double -ll- so I made it Wllìm. Sometimes I have thought of changing it to a real Na'vi name, but

• I still don't know a good one for myself
  • probably everyone would get confused when I would pick a completely different name :P

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Kaltxì, ma Uniltiranyu Aeana. Zola'u nìprrte'!

I see you put some serious thought into your Na'vi name. That's a good thing, as hopefully, you will be using it for a long time!

One of the hats I wear is that of a lion/big cat keeper. (By trade, I am a broadcast engineer.) So, I figured that a Na'vi name that reflected my interest in and passion for these incredible animals would be appropriate. Big cats, and especially lions, build strong bonds of friendship with you, and they can immediately 'read' whether you are a cat person at heart, or not. So, I chose a Na'vi name to reflect that. 'Eylan Ayfalulukanä means literally 'Thanators' friend', not in the sense that I am friends with thanators, but that thanators have chosen me as their friend. I purposely used the long plural form to emphasize that it isn't just a single thanator that sees me as a friend, but that many thanators do. I do ocasionally use the short plural form, and you could even shorten the name further to 'Eylan falukanä if one needed to. I will add that this is my original name.

I hope other folks share what their name means here, and that it encourages you to further study/learning of the language!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Toliman

My name (Toliman) is medieval (but still sometimes used) name of star Alpha Centauri in Centaurus constellation.

I chose this name, because Pandora is located near this star and I am active amateur astronomer.

Tìtstewan

My name is derived by tìtstew "courage, bravery" and the male suffix -an. Three years back, before I joined this forum, I thought, that "Tìtstewan" were my close translation of my real name, but since I leared more, I saw that I wasn't completely right... I was a skxawng. ;D But, as you see, I still keep my old name I derived in the old days. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tirea Aean

I know how it is making a forum name. Even my first username here was incorrect. Most people who made a Na'vi forum name made some kind of mistake making it.

Uniltìranyu is basically the word for an Avatar-driver. Uniltìrantokx being the Avatar-body.

so Uniltìranyu Aean would mean: (The) <Blue|Green|Cyan...> <Dreamwalker|Avatar-driver>

This name can also be said as: Eana Uniltìranyu. It means the same thing, so take you pick of which one you prefer.

By the way my name Tirea Aean means Spirit Blue, "a blue spirit". Ean Tirea was my original name. It was incorrect, though, so I chose Tirea Aean instead of Eana Tirea.

uniltiranyu aean

Kaltxì, ma 'eylan.
Im sorry that I didn't have the correct translation in mind :S
But thank you to all people who correct me. I will change it.

and of course thank you that you answer the question (: its really nice when people answer :)

Eywa ngahu

Stranger Come Knocking

I originally had tahni mi txon because it was the only thing I could come up with.  Seriously, I hated it, even when it did get corrected.  After several name changes, I settled on the one I use now.  Surprisingly, it had very little meaning beyond a character in a book I read until just a couple months ago, but I won't get into that.
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

archaic

Archaic, because I am, and because 'Out Of Touch Cynical Old Fossil' was too many characters.

I've never changed my name.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Normally I use on internet a name "hhvhhvcz" and it mean nothing.   :-[ ::)
But my primary name on forum "Hahaw" and it mean sleep. I didn't invent it . When I first met Tanri on TS ,he invented it.
HRH , I didn't invent my name .  :-[ 8)
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Omatikaya Tsamsiyu

Oeru fko syaw Omatikaya Tsamsiyu. 'Omatikaya Tsamsiyu means 'Omaticayan warrior'.
Ichose this name, becouse I love everything that has to do with war, military. Aspesialy guns. I make them out of cardboard, its my whole life. I have a WELL CZ Vz. 61 and I shoot it every day. I also like aircraft, and also make models of them. I make my model alone. I don't buy of print them, I make my own parts and assemble them. I also love learning languages. I learn German, but as you can  see, the Na'vi language cought my heart. I'm a big fan of Avatar, anlove the soundings of Na'vi. I'm a bit shy to speak in this beutiful language, but if I know something and know how mto spell it, I'll use the word in Na'vi.

So, I chose this name, becouse I am a military fan, and a Na'vi fan in one.
N-Na'vi
E-elegant
Y-yawne (beloved)
T-taronyu (huntress)
I-inteligent
R-reliable
I-Ikran Makto (Ikran rider)

Eana Unil

Like many other people around here, I have "ean" in my name, but that's no wonder, since Na'vi are blue :P When I registered here, I didn't know anything about the language yet, so I named myself "ean unil", but soon was taught, that it had to be "Eana Unil". So I corrected it and used that name for 5 (!) years now. Wow, how time flies by, kefyak...
Anyway, Eana Unil, because A) I love Na'vi, I'd love to live among them or even be a Na'vi myself, but that's impossible, so it's doomed to remain a dream. A blue dream. B), because I have a green dream, a dream of a healthy, green earth we live on (or not, we'll see), a living and breathing planet/Mother Nature that doesn't have to face any more contempt, disrespect, ignorance and mutilation.
A blue dream, a green dream, so yeah, Eana Unil. :)

uniltiranyu aean

ma eana unil,
my first chose was also that name, but i can't because it wasn't available. I love your name too (((:
but i love your interpretation of a green dream beautiful. I didn't thought of this side of the name :D

Eywa ngahu

Eana Unil

I really don't know why, but I kinda assumed that the second I read your introduction ;D
Your name's beautiful, too :)

Tirea Aean

I chose my name as two "random" words from the dictionary that would sound cool together.

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on April 07, 2015, 04:39:15 AM
HRH , I didn't invent my name .  :-[ 8)

It's not embarrassing that you did not create your own name; my mate Neytiri enjoys assigning legitimately-formed Na'vi-style names to people. Many of those people stick with that name.

For fun, I have a legitimate Na'vi-style name generator(originally written by Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng) on my website: http://tirea.learnnavi.org/generate.php?a=3&b=2&c=2
(you can change the a, b, c numbers in that link for extra fun!)

EDIT: Sorry about the eye-sore style of that page... I'm still in the middle of re-theming the site. :)

uniltiranyu aean

kaltxì ma tirea aean,
i did this aswell!!
first i chosed some nice words, that i looked them up and then came the thing i wrote in the introduction

Eywa ngahu

Navi22

Okay, my name is Cassandra and I have no idea what my Na'Vi name is, although I like Alyara, it's something from a name generator... Help me find my true Na'Vi name!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Navi22 on April 28, 2016, 09:11:56 PM
Okay, my name is Cassandra and I have no idea what my Na'Vi name is, although I like Alyara, it's something from a name generator... Help me find my true Na'Vi name!
Kaltxì!

In the Na'vi sound system, your name translates as Käsäntìra. If you aren't a fan of that, Give that link I posted above a try, or talk to my friend @NeytiriTeTskaha :) she can also be found on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009052481329 (she shares FB with her husband) She would be so glad to hook you up with a legit name! She likes to take it by meaning and then put it into a culturally normal style. It's gonna be of the form:

{Meaning of first name} te {meaning of last name} {your mother's name}'ite

Tìtstewan

@Tirea, Ney is also on this forum. :P

@Navi22, maybe it could help to find out what your name mean and translate that mean into Na'vi. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-