What languages does everyone speak?

Started by Ki_Lin_7, January 08, 2010, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Native English but I took three years of French in HS

Muntxa

I can speak German, English, French, Spanish.
And Japanese, Turkish, Na'vi and Hindi a little bit, I'm still learning them.

ShadowedSin

Native English Speaker, Connatcha Irish and learning Na'vi.
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

Kawnga Tawtute

I speak:

German-> fluent
Italian-> fluent
English -> fluent
dutch -> fluent

That's all.... why fluent?

I am a Belgian boy which lives in Italy and watches German television since when i moved to Italy i didn't understand a word of Italian, there was no Belgian television and my parents were able to speak German so...

:D

tsyal atsere’a

I speak English (obviously), fairly good Hebrew, but I forgot most of my vocabulary, and a small amount of Spanish. Oh, and a few sentences of Old Icelandic. Dvergrinn vegr mik! (This means "the dwarf killed me." Don't even ask.)

Yanari

Quote from: Kawnga Tawtute on January 27, 2010, 02:24:34 PM
I speak:

German-> fluent
Italian-> fluent
English -> fluent
dutch -> fluent

That's all.... why fluent?

I am a Belgian boy which lives in Italy and watches German television since when i moved to Italy i didn't understand a word of Italian, there was no Belgian television and my parents were able to speak German so...

:D

;D (can't write anything else about it)
Zene fko nivume nìtxan.

Tìrol'ite

English is my native language, but I speak enough Spanish to be understood and some Arabic.  I can read French as well as a little Middle Egyptian (hieroglyphics, but not demotic).  I'm going to start taking Ancient Greek next semester!

Tíngay outíngay

I speak english (stupid language if you ask me) studied german for 4 years in primary school and 2 half years in high school, studied french for 2 half years in high school (was paying no attention) and i c4n sp33k 1nt3rn3tz enough to understand people on online games

Would like to learn
Elvish                         (Tolkein)
The Ancient Language   (Paolini)
Na'vi                          (Frommer and all of you guys)

unfortunately i am in year 12 (i think its called senior year in america or something like that, last year of non university education anyways) and so i cannot put as much towards learning Na'vi as i like.
This is not a signature... It is also not a blatant lie.

Kawnga Tawtute

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Oh, I'm learning bits of Russian and Icelandic as well as German.  And I've boon working on Slovenian for awhile too.

Nawm Karyu

I curently speak English, Hebrew and Romanian, and I am extremely fluent in all of them (and consider them all as my native languages). My living environment means that I use them all daily, both in casual and complex situations. I also know and understand some French.

I the future I would like to master French, Na'vi of course, Japanese , Italian and most probably Arabic. Out of 7300 languages it gets kinda hard to choose heh.

Aziza

Lenewa txe'lan

Sìltsana Mun’iyu

well, i speak english mainly.

but i speak trace amounts of:

german
spanish
japanese

fictional languages:
Elvish - lord of the rings
Mando'a -star wars
hutties star wars
Na'vi - avatar
Motir catra nau tracyna

madlovits

Van itt magyar még ??? vagy ez a bezsélgtés vagy már inen is eltüntünk :(

Eana Tanhì

I'm from Croatia so I can speak Croatian, beside that English but not fluent yet...  ::)
I would like to learn Japanesse and Na'vi of course  ;D

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Kxani

Osn't this suppose ti be in the "language forum"? :) Just asking..

moondragon

I've studied Greek (ancient), Japanese, and Thai, partially out of curiosity to learn such beautiful languages and partially for wanting to travel and be able to speak the local languages at least a little. Growing up I learned a bit of French and Spanish but not enough to be conversational. I'd like to someday learn French better, and also the Innu language (a.k.a. Cree) because these are part of my heritage.
Oe fìtsenge tok susìlpey nivume, pivlltxe, ulte uvan sivi.

TesterScot

Quote from: Sìltsana Mun'iyu on January 29, 2010, 09:09:51 PM
well, i speak english mainly.

but i speak trace amounts of:

german
spanish
japanese

fictional languages:
Elvish - lord of the rings
Mando'a -star wars
hutties star wars
Na'vi - avatar

I'm an english speaker too...

with the obligatory trace amounts of :
french, german, spanish, scots gaelic & a couple of words of russian  ;D

Irayoru 'Awve Tìkameie for the profile pic. Go to http://www.mpandoraln.weebly.com to see his ongoing work.
Brand New Learner - please correct my usage 8-)

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

I speak some Na'vi, some Mando'a, some Jawaese, some Huttese, some Bocce (most of the Star Wars languages actually, like Tusken Raider and Shyyriwook), some Elvish (Quenya and Sindarin), and English is my main language. I've tried to learn so many languages because plain English actually (literally 100% true) hurts my ears.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.