What languages does everyone speak?

Started by Ki_Lin_7, January 08, 2010, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kahmeh

So thankful I was born speaking English, because I would hate to have to learn it. :D As far as natlangs go I have some French, Japanese, and Spanish, plus I've studied Hebrew, Greek, and Hawaiian, also Ancient Egyptian and bits (mostly grammar) of many many others. I love languages but I tend to absorb the grammar of any given language and then move on before I've gotten enough vocab to make it useful, so... not so much with the speaking of most of them. :-\

Conlangs are my primary linguistic interest:
Esperanto (basics mainly)
Quenya (fluent) and Sindarin (somewhat) from LOTR, as well as Tolkien's other languages
D'ni from the Myst/Riven etc games - was pretty fluent at one point, bit rusty now
Not sure that I consider the Star Wars 'languages' to count, but I know bits of them
Klingon - the ugliest language ever invented, love it but only know a little
Atlantean - Marc Okrand's creation for the Disney movie, such little of it as there was :(
Al Bhed also doesn't count, but it's fun (and phonologically fascinating) :D
The Divine Language from Fifth Element - ehh I have mixed feelings about this one, but again, fascinating (in a train wreck sort of way, admittedly)

Not sure where proto-Indo-European fits in, but that is some amazing interesting stuff.

I'm forgetting some, but those are the main ones. I've also got several of my own languages I'm working on - ar-Medyan, Deyati, and some that aren't named yet.
~the ending has not yet been written~

moondragon

Quote from: Kahmeh on February 24, 2010, 11:19:47 PMNot sure where proto-Indo-European fits in, but that is some amazing interesting stuff.
True that! I have a list of roots & suffixed forms that I compiled for my own use.
Oe fìtsenge tok susìlpey nivume, pivlltxe, ulte uvan sivi.

Kahmeh

Quote from: moondragon on February 25, 2010, 01:27:18 AM
Quote from: Kahmeh on February 24, 2010, 11:19:47 PMNot sure where proto-Indo-European fits in, but that is some amazing interesting stuff.
True that! I have a list of roots & suffixed forms that I compiled for my own use.

Ahhhh, gimme! *makes grabby hands* Please?  ;D
~the ending has not yet been written~

moondragon

Oe fìtsenge tok susìlpey nivume, pivlltxe, ulte uvan sivi.

Elektrolurch

Together with two of my friends, we've invented our own secret language. It's not that hard to learn, it consists of three words ;D
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Pwatem

I speak american english (native). and i can speak italian.
,__, 
(0,0)
/)_)
   ""
"I am alive inside. a bird is my heart." - Sapphire

ikrantaronyu

i only speak english and a bit of german  :(
oel ayngati kameie ma smuktu :)

Chiffre

Hungarian (Magyar): native
English: working language
German: with dictionary and caution
Latin: with dictionary outside classical texts, pronunciation: Erasmian.
French: Understanding easy literature
Old Greek : read aloud, some basic features
Quenya: grammar only
and toying with any relatives of these.

Eltusiyu

English. basics of Russian and a little bit Na'vi  ;D

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Way

Russian(my native language ;) )
English..of course my english isn`t perfect, but I`m trying and even after all of the years I studied it, I still love it
French - I understand some phrases, can make some sentences and even remember what is passe compase) I`m very sorry that I don`t study it anymore, so beautiful language
German - for me the hardest language ever) I can only read and smth like "hello", "my name is.."

My dream is to recommense French lessons and I want to study Italian and Flemish!))
and of couse Na`vi...)

Ash

German (native)
English - good enough, though especially grammar is deteriorating by having to write a lot of very simplistic correspondence  :-\
Dutch - basic understanding
Trace amounts of Spanish and French

Kxani

Rangtsulfätu

I've never really tried to learn any languages (until now, that is) so all I can speak are the languages live has thrown at me.

Dutch (official native language)
Limburg dialect (unofficial native language)
English
German

They also tried to force French upon me in school, but that didn't work.
Oe skxawng lu!

Suteo plltxe san po tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi ulte peyä ta'leng ean lu sìk. Ayoel omum nì'aw futa por syaw fko stìkx.

Kxani

Eìrä

Sorry if i'm necroposting... nìmun!
I'm learning:
   English - i'm good at learning but i think i need to learn more! ;)
   Na'vi - my favorite language and i'm still learning, my pronouncing is easy!
   German - i like it very much and i'm learning German! Now i know few words a 2 sentences!
   French - learning and like it! I'm very good to read in french!
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

Tekre

German (native language and my favorite, beause I'm not good at learning other languages xD)
English (I can chat with other people, but I don't want to know how much mistakes I make per sentence...)
French (Had it in School, but now I only know some words and very basic sentences.)
Na'vi (Much better than French, there are many things I have to learn but I'm becomming better!)
Spain (A very little bit, I started to learn one week ago.)

Since I started with Na'vi I see that learning other languages isn't that bad when I can do it like I want, in school I hated it. But know I want to learn more languages, especially Spain, Dothraki and Sindarin.

Eìrä

Quote from: Tekre on March 20, 2019, 07:33:17 AM
German (native language and my favorite, beause I'm not good at learning other languages xD)
English (I can chat with other people, but I don't want to know how much mistakes I make per sentence...)
French (Had it in School, but now I only know some words and very basic sentences.)
Na'vi (Much better than French, there are many things I have to learn but I'm becomming better!)
Spain (A very little bit, I started to learn one week ago.)

Since I started with Na'vi I see that learning other languages isn't that bad when I can do it like I want, in school I hated it. But know I want to learn more languages, especially Spain, Dothraki and Sindarin.
Tewtiiii, i didn't know that!
Ma Tekre, and i make many mistakes in English language, but i'm trying to learn from my mistakes! ;)
Na'vi language is very easy to learn for me, i can pronounce, write and speak with people! I'm learning Na'vi language since 2015! The first Na'vi word learned by me was "Tsaheylu" wich means "Bond"! :D
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*