Chat room (in English)

Started by Hashe, February 05, 2010, 07:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Kemaweyan on February 20, 2010, 04:50:12 AM
But I cannot see in IMAX, because there is not IMAX in my city :( Maybe will be only in 2011...

IMAX is a great experience! Well at least you could see Avatar2 in IMAX, if IMAX will be open in your town at 2011.

zakovirka

Ye,u are right,but there`re many other interesting projects apart from Avatar in IMAX ;)

justNaviBrother

I'm sorry for äuestion but what is IMAX? It is like cinema with what? ???
Pefya oel tsun tivìng atanit, txo ayfeyä aynari tsere'a mì txon???
Ma aysmukan si aysmuke, ayoeng zene 'awsiteng livu, talun kawnga krr set.
Ye'rìn oe spaw atan zilva'u ulte frapol Eywati kilvameie

TorukMakto!

Quote from: justNaviBrother on February 20, 2010, 03:01:06 PM
In short :

IMAX is a film corporation that distributes 15/70 mm films, which are larger than the movies distributed at your local theatre. This allows the films to be projected at a much larger level than that of a regular theatre. Usually, an IMAX theatre fills the almost the entire wall with the screen, instead of just a fraction of the wall. An IMAX Dome theatre is where you sit in the middle, and the picture is projected all around you.

The bulb that is used to project the movie is also unlike that of a standard movie theatre. The projection bulb is a super bright Xenon Bulb which is 15,000 watts.

For more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAX

justNaviBrother

Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 20, 2010, 03:36:46 PM
In short :

IMAX is a film corporation that distributes 15/70 mm films, which are larger than the movies distributed at your local theatre. This allows the films to be projected at a much larger level than that of a regular theatre. Usually, an IMAX theatre fills the almost the entire wall with the screen, instead of just a fraction of the wall. An IMAX Dome theatre is where you sit in the middle, and the picture is projected all around you.

The bulb that is used to project the movie is also unlike that of a standard movie theatre. The projection bulb is a super bright Xenon Bulb which is 15,000 watts.

For more info:

Ok, I understand, in two words "3D cinema" ;)

zakovirka

but usual 3d it`s bicolored attention(red-blue) and in IMAX full-coloured ;)

Letxuma Swizaw

Quote from: zakovirka on February 20, 2010, 03:43:40 PM
but usual 3d it`s bicolored attention(red-blue) and in IMAX full-coloured ;)

Actually most 3-d now is reald 3d using the same polarization techniques as imax to achieve full color 3d.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

zakovirka

yes,for today it is so,but i speak about 1st generation of 3d

TorukMakto!

Quote from: justNaviBrother on February 20, 2010, 03:39:19 PM
Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 20, 2010, 03:36:46 PM
In short :

For more info:

Ok, I understand, in two words "3D cinema" ;)

Yes :D. but it's a HUGE screen 3D cinema.

Atantsawkeyä

Hey guys, nice to talk to you. Speaking about IMAX and such, many local cinemas in the city I live in boasted having purchased that oh so special 3D projection equipment, many of them did that for Avatar specially. I am not an avid cinema goer so I did not realize that was like Stone Age just starting here, cinema-wise.
Oe plltxe na``Vortìkontì" srak?..

justNaviBrother

It's a petty, but in my city we have no IMAX cinema  :'(

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Atantsawkeyä on February 21, 2010, 03:48:48 AM
Hey guys, nice to talk to you. Speaking about IMAX and such, many local cinemas in the city I live in boasted having purchased that oh so special 3D projection equipment, many of them did that for Avatar specially. I am not an avid cinema goer so I did not realize that was like Stone Age just starting here, cinema-wise.

Some other are just worth to be watched in the cinema even if you aren't a cenimea go-er, like Avatar :D.
First time I saw it on regular 3D, the other times I saw it on IMAX and I enjoyed it even more.

Nawman

This is incredible! I'm still under improbable impression. AVATAR in Imax - "Outstanding"(с)!  ;D

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Marvel on February 22, 2010, 07:15:18 AM
This is incredible! I'm still under improbable impression. AVATAR in Imax - "Outstanding"(с)!  ;D

Indeed, breathtaking! I hope I'll get the chance to go and watch it again. :)

'Itan Atxur

I'm disappointed. I don't have a "real" Imax theater anywhere near me :(

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Atantsawkeyä

Slow movie discussion, eh?

A "false" IMAX is still better than ordinary 3D and a worn-out projector lamp. Trust me on that, it was a huge fun ruiner. I am happy it was my 12th time, not the first!

Hashe

Harsh, ppl tell me that only the size of the screen, a difference in the special effects only, i mean 3D, so that, avatar doesn't have stereo quality too much.

Atantsawkeyä

It's really hard to tell someone the visual difference. An acquaintance of mine watched a camrip and said he couldn't get what the hype was all about. I told him he totally missed out on the immersion. A large screen isn't just a bigger picture, it's also more vividness.

Hashe

So, a big cost beat off my desire to watch in IMAX, probably reduction in prices will resume it.

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Atantsawkeyä on February 24, 2010, 06:44:34 AM
It's really hard to tell someone the visual difference. An acquaintance of mine watched a camrip and said he couldn't get what the hype was all about. I told him he totally missed out on the immersion. A large screen isn't just a bigger picture, it's also more vividness.

Indeed, also the movie was filmed in such resolution that only an IMAX screen is capable to show it to it's best performance, IMAX just enhances the experience, yes Avatar is best movie in regular 3D, but in IMAX it's even better.