days of the week

Started by roger, April 18, 2010, 06:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Kemaweyan on April 20, 2010, 08:01:23 AM
Quote from: wikipediaThe official ISO 8601 Calendar Standard states that Monday is the first day of the week.

;)

Oh well, Karyu Pawl has apparently made his intentions clear, so perhaps keeping to his system would be best. If one person that uses a Sunday-First week sets something up with a person that uses a Monday-First week, well you can see where I'm going with this.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Kemaweyan on April 20, 2010, 08:01:23 AMThe official ISO 8601 Calendar Standard states that Monday is the first day of the week.

;)

Hmmm....I wonder if ISO standards apply on Pandora? Do the Na`vi know what an ISO standard is? Do we need words for 'ISO' and 'Standard'? ;)

Pity the poor Mac users here at the station. I am the system administrator for their work stations. I am going to change their calendars to have 8 day weeks, and name the eighth day some arcane, hard-to-pronounce Na`vi term  ::) (I'll take suggestions!)

Yrayo for the kind words Taronyu!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

'eylan na'viyä

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: 'eylan na'viyä on April 20, 2010, 04:31:20 PM
how about trr letrrtrr ;)

Very interesting..... (I wonder if a word has been suggested for 'interesting' or 'fascinating'?)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: wikipediaThe official ISO 8601 Calendar Standard states that Monday is the first day of the week.

;)
And the great thing about standards is that there's so many of them to choose from!
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on April 21, 2010, 03:26:02 AM

;)
And the great thing about standards is that there's so many of them to choose from!

If its supposed to be a "standard", then theoretically, there should only be one of them so as not to confuse people.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."