Expansion to Flora, Fauna, and Places from the Valley of Mo'ara

Started by Txawey, May 21, 2019, 07:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txawey

Hi all!

As some of you may know, I was recently in Mo'ara for a period on vacation with my family.  While there, I downloaded the Play Disney app on a whim and found a game for Mo'ara while waiting in line.  Said game had a decently large Pandorapedia, so I figured why not take a look at it!  After I was finished, I found several new entries for things we didn't have before.  Since they were all on my phone, I took screenshots (over 200!) and figured why not type them up into a document, so here they are!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r5qGIhdFNUUamJFs5Bd6_insSiMBt9o8dEqbZr8xTlA/edit?usp=sharing

The album with the screenshots is linked within the document itself on the first page as well as here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/coRYv1PwTMXG1jxW8

For the sake of convenience, I will also list the newly-found words here:

Flora:

fyìpmaut squid fruit tree, octocrus folliculus
koaktutra goblin thistle, cobalus carduus
lanutral dandetiger, candea inflata
paysyul water lily, inrigo lilliam
rumaut cannonball fruit tree, ecdurus putamen pomus
tsawksyul sun lily, stella lilliam
tumpasuk celia fruit tree, pampinus bacca acinum

Fauna:

fyuatxanemonoid
lortsyalshimmyfly
nalutsanalutsa
skukasagittaria
srakatdinicthoid
tsikireef tick

Name:

Kapsavan
the river in the Valley of Mo'ara along which the Shaman of Songs resides, the Na'vi River Journey river

New Noun:

kuruthe organ the Na'vi use to establish a bond (tsaheylu) with Pandoran wildlife

This last one was hinted at in an issue of Tsu'tey's Path and was confirmed by the author of said comic.  To my understanding, it is expected to be clarified further in a future Na'viteri post, but for the sake of completeness, I'll include it here.

Enjoy!
Txawey

Eìrä

Tewti! :D
Irayo nìtxan ma Txawey! Eltxur tìtxen sivi nìtxan!
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

archaic

Quote from: Txawey on May 21, 2019, 07:45:26 PM
New Noun:

kuruthe organ the Na'vi use to establish a bond (tsaheylu) with Pandoran wildlife

This last one was hinted at in an issue of Tsu'tey's Path and was confirmed by the author of said comic.  To my understanding, it is expected to be clarified further in a future Na'viteri post, but for the sake of completeness, I'll include it here.
I am curious what the difference is between kuru and tswin.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Eìrä

Quote from: archaic on May 22, 2019, 01:05:25 AM
Quote from: Txawey on May 21, 2019, 07:45:26 PM
New Noun:

Same!
What's the difference between kuru and tswin? <--- rhis is very interesting! :D
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!

Toliman

Txantsan, eltur tìtxen si.

Quote from: archaic on May 22, 2019, 01:05:25 AM
Hmm... that is question...

Txawey

Regarding the difference between the kuru and queue, we honestly don't know yet  :-\  We're hoping that Karyu Pawl will clarify in his next post.  My current guess is that the queue refers to the whole ensemble of braid/sheath as well as the neural whip and kuru refers to the organ itself, i.e. the neural tendrils and such.  It is also referred to in the log on the Ilu, but that doesn't shed too much light on the subject to be honest.

In short, we can only guess right now, so we'll have to wait for Karyu Pawl to shed some light on the subject. :)

Eìrä

Quote from: Txawey on May 22, 2019, 11:17:56 AM
Regarding the difference between the kuru and queue, we honestly don't know yet  :-\  We're hoping that Karyu Pawl will clarify in his next post.  My current guess is that the queue refers to the whole ensemble of braid/sheath as well as the neural whip and kuru refers to the organ itself, i.e. the neural tendrils and such.  It is also referred to in the log on the Ilu, but that doesn't shed too much light on the subject to be honest.

In short, we can only guess right now, so we'll have to wait for Karyu Pawl to shed some light on the subject. :)
Tam!
Anywhere, irayo nìtxan! :D

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Toliman

Quote from: Txawey on May 22, 2019, 11:17:56 AM
My current guess is that the queue refers to the whole ensemble of braid/sheath as well as the neural whip and kuru refers to the organ itself, i.e. the neural tendrils and such.
It sound like as good explanation! I had similar idea too but I was not sure at all.

Lynxcat

Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Eìrä

Quote from: Lynxcat on May 22, 2019, 12:41:19 PM
This is awesome new information! Txantsan! Irayo!  :)
Srane! It is awesome and great!
Anywhere, how are you?

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Plumps

This is an amazing find, ma Txawey.

Thanks for sharing.

Lynxcat

Quote from: Eìrä on May 22, 2019, 01:10:42 PM
Anywhere, how are you?

Oer lu fpom! Ngaru tut?  :)

Eìrä

Quote from: Lynxcat on May 25, 2019, 09:33:22 AM
Quote from: Eìrä on May 22, 2019, 01:10:42 PM
Anywhere, how are you?

Oer lu fpom! Ngaru tut?  :)
Oeru lu fpom nìteng!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Lynxcat

Txawey

This isn't the post to have a conversation like that on: can you please take it to one of the chat posts or the shoutbox?

Eìrä

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Plumps

Ma Txawey,

I'm in the process of incorporating these new terms in the dictionaries (dict-navi.com & Annotated).

I just have to again acknowledge and praise the work you put into that!

In the entry of nalutsa there is mention of a creature named akula ... could you find anything else about that? Because it does not appear anywhere else, as far as I can see.