Oel stawm wayit ayauä

Sa nì'angoa pam si alìm

Txonä txep narmekx nìkxayl

Slä ayoerì holum fte nì'awtu livu

Poanìl 'ärìp oeyä tsyokxit vay poanä ayseyri

Peng oeru san piak si menari nìmun

Peyä ngima kxetsel nieiä futa oeyä

Pol kä'ärìp oeti nekll sìn kllte

Ayauä 'ekong fyawìntxeiu ayoeyä aysìrikx...

I think this is as far as we can go without a word for queue ;)
Lots of thanks to roger for proofing.

Na'vi           English
'angosoft (of a sound)
kxaylhigh
ngimlong (physical length)

Ngaya poanìl new mune 'uti: hrrap sì uvan. Talun poanìl new ayfoeti -- ayfo lu lehrrap ayu leuvan.

omängum fra'uti

Woah!  Woah woah!  That's some pretty steamy Na'vi...

(BTW, don't think "sa" can be used there.  "Tsa'u" on it's own gets shortened to "Tsaw" not "Tsa", and the plural "saw" would be ambiguous with the plural of "taw", so I think you would probably have to use "sa'u" as the plural of "tsa'u/tsaw".)
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Ftiafpi

Wow, that's a sexy poem there :P Very nice!

Swoka Swizaw

That was really good, and by "good," I mean HOT. (I could read parts without having to scroll over it. So, that was good, too.)

However, we already had ngim. It was the first adjective I ever saw. Frommer used it to introduce the adjectival attributive marker for the phrase "long river." Kxayl is in the wikibooks entries.

@ Frapo alahe: There's another adjective I found there for "darkness," vawm...can anyone conform that? Or is that a color?

roger

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on April 24, 2010, 07:44:38 AM
(BTW, don't think "sa" can be used there.  "Tsa'u" on it's own gets shortened to "Tsaw" not "Tsa", and the plural "saw" would be ambiguous with the plural of "taw", so I think you would probably have to use "sa'u" as the plural of "tsa'u/tsaw".)
Paul has occasionally used tsa, though more commonly he's had tsaw. I don't know if there's much difference, but of course the diff tween "it" and "that" isn't very clear in English either. The plural of course would be sa. We also don't know that taw has a plural, so that may not been an issue. And in any case, this is poetry, so you're expected to think about the words  :)

From the LearnNavi vocab (http://wiki.learnnavi.org/index.php/Vocabulary),

Quotetsa [ʦa] (Pron) it (inanimate). ► "For inanimate it  you shouldn't use po but rather tsa; Oel tsìme'a tsenget a tsane po karmä. "I didn't see (the place), that she was going to"

Prrton

Quote from: roger on April 24, 2010, 04:24:45 PM
Quote from: omängum fra'uti on April 24, 2010, 07:44:38 AM
(BTW, don't think "sa" can be used there.  "Tsa'u" on it's own gets shortened to "Tsaw" not "Tsa", and the plural "saw" would be ambiguous with the plural of "taw", so I think you would probably have to use "sa'u" as the plural of "tsa'u/tsaw".)
Paul has occasionally used tsa, though more commonly he's had tsaw. I don't know if there's much difference, but of course the diff tween "it" and "that" isn't very clear in English either. The plural of course would be sa. We also don't know that taw has a plural, so that may not been an issue. And in any case, this is poetry, so you're expected to think about the words  :)

From the LearnNavi vocab (http://wiki.learnnavi.org/index.php/Vocabulary),

Quotetsa [ʦa] (Pron) it (inanimate). ► "For inanimate it  you shouldn't use po but rather tsa; Oel tsìme'a tsenget a tsane po karmä. "I didn't see (the place), that she was going to"

Quote from: Paul Frommer 6 April, 2010 (voluntary correction of Prrton's usage)One little thing: for the unmarked, S-case of the pronoun, use either tsa'u or tsaw (the contraction), not tsa, which doesn't have an independent existence: fpìl futa tsaw tsun heykivangham . . .
Based on this, I would predict «Sa'u» for line two above. It is my understanding that «tsa» can only exist inside a dependent clause as a referent back to it's primary instantiation outside. However, in *most* cases that means it would be entirely optional, right??

Oe new tsive'a tsat a (tsa) lu ean.

I can see it being *necessary* to fill out meter in poetry, etc., but I imagine it's generally VERY rarely used. «Tsar»/«tsat»/«tsal» seem that they would be more common because the tend to do more to clarify ROLES within clauses. Am I really misunderstanding something? TsaW letsunslu lu nìwotx!  :-\

roger

Quote from: Prrton on April 24, 2010, 08:01:29 PM
Quote from: Paul Frommer 6 April, 2010 (voluntary correction of Prrton's usage)One little thing: for the unmarked, S-case of the pronoun, use either tsa'u or tsaw (the contraction), not tsa, which doesn't have an independent existence: fpìl futa tsaw tsun heykivangham . . .
Based on this, I would predict «Sa'u» for line two above. It is my understanding that «tsa» can only exist inside a dependent clause as a referent back to it's primary instantiation outside. However, in *most* cases that means it would be entirely optional, right??

Oe new tsive'a tsat a (tsa) lu ean.

I can see it being *necessary* to fill out meter in poetry, etc., but I imagine it's generally VERY rarely used. «Tsar»/«tsat»/«tsal» seem that they would be more common because the tend to do more to clarify ROLES within clauses. Am I really misunderstanding something? TsaW letsunslu lu nìwotx!  :-\

Hey, thanks for that! I once suspected as much, but could never confirm it, and usage seemed to point the other way. So the pronoun tsa is defective, and does not occur in the intransitive case! Good to know.

Please confirm with Paul if you can that tsa is only used in DP's. But ftu sat suggests this might not be the case.

Prrton

Quote from: roger on April 24, 2010, 08:21:25 PM

Hey, thanks for that! I once suspected as much, but could never confirm it, and usage seemed to point the other way. So the pronoun tsa is defective, and does not occur in the intransitive case! Good to know.

Please confirm with Paul if you can that tsa is only used in DP's.

I could ask, but you'd understand the answer better undoubtedly!  ;)

Kì'eyawn

Fìkìngìri kxawm oe 'ewan nìhawng latsu ;)

I kid, i kid...

Anyway, ma smuk, this thread makes me realize i'm completely confused about when to use fì'u vs. tsa'u.  Help?  I can start a new thread to talk about it, if that's more appropriate.

Edit: Ngaytxoa, got careless with my brackets.
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

NeotrekkerZ

Ma Mirri, you need to finagle more words from Frommer.  That way we get more of your poetry!   ;)
Rìk oe lu hufwemì, nìn fya'ot a oe tswayon!

okrìsti

I am wondering, if we have to expect a different adjective for the meaning of "being in a great height" than kxayl.
dA | nga tsun oehu pivlltxe fa skype: c4duser
awngeyä wìki sìltsan lu
txopu lu fya'o ne vawma pa'o – nawma karyu Yotxa

Prrton

M@ Mirri, Kaltxì!

Tewti! Sìlpey oe tsnì lu ngar ayzìsìt nìtam fte fìfya pamrel sivi!! :o Nìlaw zenatse ngaru livu yawntu a por aylrrtok seri syay. ;)

Oeru prrte' layu tsaskxom a stawm tsahapxìt aMUve ngata.

Irayo!