new vocab: face, head, neck & tanhì! :)

Started by tsrräfkxätu, March 25, 2010, 11:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeotrekkerZ

LOL, I just looked at how the posts played out.  I was responding to Feiane's post, but it looks like I was debating with tsrräfkxätu.

Probably should read the new posts when I get the "someone else posted while you were writing" message before submitting my own. :)
Rìk oe lu hufwemì, nìn fya'ot a oe tswayon!

HTML_Earth

Plumps

That is SOOOO great! ;D

Be careful though: tsuksìm is chin, not cheek ... and I'm not sure whether it would be better for grammatical correctness to put the bodyparts which are in the dual/plural in their respective forms, i.e. memikyun, (ay)sanhì, menari - just a suggestion ;)

HTML_Earth

Quote from: Plumps83 on March 27, 2010, 01:26:27 PM
Be careful though: tsuksìm is chin, not cheek

Thanks, fixed it.

Edit: and I won't pluralize them, because that would confuse people.

Plumps

Quote from: HTML_Earth on March 27, 2010, 01:41:52 PM

No problem ;) You're right - I thought of that as well ... Leave it at that, it's good! :)

roger

Quote from: HTML_Earth on March 27, 2010, 01:41:52 PM
Quote from: Plumps83 on March 27, 2010, 01:26:27 PM
Be careful though: tsuksìm is chin, not cheek

Thanks, fixed it.

If you're not going to pluralize, I would suggest pointing to only one of each. It would be equally confusing to point to a bunch of freckles and label them "a freckle".

Swoka Swizaw

Nice reference picture. This is one to add...

Kaiatéya

I'm still waiting on a word for 'hand' so that I can say "talk to the hand!" :D for people who say the wrong thing about Avatar!

Edit: waitasec .. is "tsyokx" official or speculative, for hands?

Prrton

Quote from: Kaiatéya on March 27, 2010, 11:30:06 PM
I'm still waiting on a word for 'hand' so that I can say "talk to the hand!" :D for people who say the wrong thing about Avatar!

Edit: waitasec .. is "tsyokx" official or speculative, for hands?

Official.

Technically "hands" would most commonly be for a human or Na'vi, «mesyokx», 2 hands.  ;)

Tsyokxur peng?!   :-\

nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo

This just made my day. :D I was so disappointed that I couldn't find a word for tooth or mouth this morning, and now I have both. Yay!

Swoka Swizaw

Quote from: nìTsìng Lekinama Tswonyu on March 28, 2010, 01:11:10 PM
This just made my day. :D I was so disappointed that I couldn't find a word for tooth or mouth this morning, and now I have both. Yay!

Isn't it amazing what we wake up thinking about? But I know what you mean. As you might have read above, I asked why Frommer hadn't appeared to create a word for "hand" the night before it was revealed.

Enjoy your new discovery.

nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo

Quote from: Swoka Swizaw on March 28, 2010, 01:24:16 PM
Quote from: nìTsìng Lekinama Tswonyu on March 28, 2010, 01:11:10 PM

Isn't it amazing what we wake up thinking about? But I know what you mean. As you might have read above, I asked why Frommer hadn't appeared to create a word for "hand" the night before it was revealed.

Enjoy your new discovery.

I blame the Law of Attraction. Irayo, Universe! ;D And I just found the word for jump too! Now I need is the preposition "off", and I can go tell skxawngs to jump off a cliff. X3

Swoka Swizaw

Quote from: nìTsìng Lekinama Tswonyu on March 28, 2010, 01:35:14 PM
And I just found the word for jump too! Now I need is the preposition "off", and I can go tell skxawngs to jump off a cliff. X3

Lrrtok seri. :D

omängum fra'uti

I blame the Law of Attraction. Irayo, Universe! ;D And I just found the word for jump too! Now I need is the preposition "off", and I can go tell skxawngs to jump off a cliff. X3
Worst was back when we got the word for "sleep", I had JUST told someone we don't have a word for sleep.

Spivä ftu 'awkx.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Kaiatéya

This brings up a really good question: is there some central place that all of these words and grammar updates are getting filed into as they come in? One problem I had in the past is that the information is so fragmented everywhere that it's hard to tell what's right, what's canonical, where to see if a word exists,...

roger

I'm updating Wikibooks as they come in, and Taronyu's updating the his dict. here.

Plumps

The German subform also tries to keep the dict-navi as up to date as can be. It's still in its infancy but we do the best we can

Kì'eyawn

...Now I need is the preposition "off", and I can go tell skxawngs to jump off a cliff. X3

While you wait, you could tell them to "go take a long walk off a short tree branch".  At least, i think we have the words for all of that...
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

okrìsti

Quote from: Kaiatéya on March 28, 2010, 05:32:29 PM
This brings up a really good question: is there some central place that all of these words and grammar updates are getting filed into as they come in? One problem I had in the past is that the information is so fragmented everywhere that it's hard to tell what's right, what's canonical, where to see if a word exists,...
Hi, I am trying to do exactly this on my wiki user sub-pages.
This place is still in development, so there may be plenty of mainly earlier updates missing, also I am not finished with the format and appearance and since it is just compiled by myself, there may be some errors due to that.
As you can see it has a different approach then the Canon on the wiki.
dA | nga tsun oehu pivlltxe fa skype: c4duser
awngeyä wìki sìltsan lu
txopu lu fya'o ne vawma pa'o – nawma karyu Yotxa

NeotrekkerZ

Quote from: tigermind on March 28, 2010, 07:36:27 PM
...Now I need is the preposition "off", and I can go tell skxawngs to jump off a cliff. X3

While you wait, you could tell them to "go take a long walk off a short tree branch".  At least, i think we have the words for all of that...

You could use ta until then.
Rìk oe lu hufwemì, nìn fya'ot a oe tswayon!