re'ohead
sre'tooth
tanbioluminescent freckle (also star)
tsuksìmchin
keyface

Awesome stuff! Yay! :D
párolt zöldség — muntxa fkxen  

roger

I wonder what nikre really means, since the Na'vi and other Pandoran mammals don't have hair? How do we distinguish 'a hair' from 'hair'? Or is the latter aynikre?

Taronyu

These are great! Thanks.

Was it Prrton who first suggested tanhì for freckle? Whoever did, pretty awesome.

roger

No, that was Mirri tsrräfkxätu.

omängum fra'uti

Added sample pronunciations to my list :D  (Not 100% happy with all of these pronunciations though)

Na'vi           English
flewthroat
kxamouth
nikrehair
pewnneck
re'ohead
sre'tooth
tanbioluminescent freckle (also star)
tsuksìmchin
keyface
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

tsrräfkxätu

QuoteWas it Prrton who first suggested tanhì for freckle? Whoever did, pretty awesome.

No, that was Mirri.
No, it was me! :D And now it's official! Unbelievable!

Quote from: roger on March 25, 2010, 11:52:53 AM
I wonder what nikre really means, since the Na'vi and other Pandoran mammals don't have hair?
That's a good question. Pawl didn't say specifically, but seeing how all these body parts are connected to the head, I'd say that it's for the hair (or whatever it is) that grows on the Na'vi's scalp.

roger

Oops! I think I have a freckled brain.

Paul did not release nikre as a 'head' word, so that's only an assumption on our part. All he had was "hair N".

Plumps

First of all: Great!!!

Also, I think it was Na'rìghawnu who talked about "neck" in the LEP ... reminding us that it means the whole part of your body between head and 'shoulders' as well as the extention from your back upwards, while German (and I guess other languages as well...) distinguish between  rear part of the neck (dt. "Nacken") and the 'whole thing' (dt. "Hals")
Too bad there isn't a finer distinction... or maybe it is still to come :)

EDIT: just recognised ... Tirea Aean pointed out ngäng = stomach from the NYT article That should be added

Unilfwewyu

May I ask for a source from where you got these? Just curious ;)
Oel ngati kameie.

I live in a world where dreams are controlled by others, not by yourself. I live in a world where people choose what you become, and you have no choice whatsoever. This will change. My dreams will become reality. And that, my friends, is a promise.

Taronyu

Unilfwewyu

Oh cool! We can send him e-mails? So awesome XD!
Oel ngati kameie.

I live in a world where dreams are controlled by others, not by yourself. I live in a world where people choose what you become, and you have no choice whatsoever. This will change. My dreams will become reality. And that, my friends, is a promise.

Swoka Swizaw

Heh heh...flew. (There it is.)

Apparently, though, Frommer is saving hand for a really good time (considering that we have a word for "arm," "elbow," and "finger" already down). Eywa love 'im, though.

tsrräfkxätu

Quote from: Plumps83 on March 25, 2010, 01:23:15 PM
Also, I think it was Na'rìghawnu who talked about "neck" in the LEP ... reminding us that it means the whole part of your body between head and 'shoulders' as well as the extention from your back upwards, while German (and I guess other languages as well...) distinguish between  rear part of the neck (dt. "Nacken") and the 'whole thing' (dt. "Hals")

English too differentiates between nape (back of the neck), throat (front part), and neck (the whole thing.) We just don't have a word for nape yet.

Plumps

I stand corrected ;)
Thanks for telling me - good to know that there is still something to learn in English for me :D
So that would speak for a more general term (neck) with differenciations for nape and throat ...

Feiane

I think "throat" refers to the INSIDE

as in "back of the throat"
as in the top of one's esophagus

Click >> fìtsenge << to learn about a na'vi nì'aw game I'm hosting in a week or two. Please join!

tsrräfkxätu

Quote from: Feiane on March 25, 2010, 06:32:35 PM
I think "throat" refers to the INSIDE

as in "back of the throat"
as in the top of one's esophagus

So... when I cut yer throat, I need to reach in first? Yarrr! ;D

NeotrekkerZ

Not necessarily, consider the sentence "I grabbed him by the throat."  You're obviously not going inside there.
Rìk oe lu hufwemì, nìn fya'ot a oe tswayon!

roger

tsrräfkxätu

She was indeed! She can't help it. She now apologizes. :D