On "siva ko" and "sivako"

Started by Vawmataw, August 04, 2019, 09:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

Everybody knows the expression "Siva ko!", which means "Let's rise to the challenge!".

Considering that people outside the Na'vi community tend to write the expression in a single word, sivako, I asked Karyu Pawl if this was acceptable.
http://naviteri.org/2016/06/mrrvola-lifyavi-amip-forty-new-expressions/comment-page-1/#comment-30174

Quote from:  Le meKaltxì ma Karyu Pawl!
Srake ngal fpìl futa lì'ukìng alu siva ko tsun slivu ne lì'u alu sivako?

Irayo nìli!
Hello Karyu Pawl!

Do you think that the sentence "siva ko" can be turned into the word "sivako"?

Thanks in advance!

He replied:
Quote from: Le KaryuIrayo, ma Vawmataw.

Lam fwa pxaya 'eylan a tok Mo'arat nulnew sivar tsalì'ukìngit alu Siva ko! na lì'u a'aw. Tì'efumì oeyä, tsalì'u alu sivako tsun tivam.
Thank you, Vawmataw!

It seems like many friends of Mo'ara prefer too use the sentence "Siva ko!" as one word. In my opinion, that word "sivako" is OK.

Txawey's hypothesis on the matter is interesting:
Quote from:  Le TxaweyPretty much everything from the Valley of Mo'ara takes place at least 100 years in the future from the film, if not more.  My theory is that by that time, since siva ko was uttered so many times, it effectively became one word in practice.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

That is really interesting! Sivako!, I never had this idea...

Quote from:  Le TxaweyPretty much everything from the Valley of Mo'ara takes place at least 100 years in the future from the film, if not more.  My theory is that by that time, since siva ko was uttered so many times, it effectively became one word in practice.
Yeah, it souds as a good idea, I would say :)