Tìrey LU muiä...

Started by Swoka Swizaw, October 25, 2012, 11:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Swizaw

Well, the simply awesome has happened (for me ;D). I have wanted a word that I had thought of to become canon and here it is: tìmwiä. I wrote Frommer a letter, saying:

Good morning, ma karyu...

I have a small request for a project that includes Na'vi. It's a likely tattoo design, but is missing a crucial element...a word for "fairness, justice." A while back, a word was proposed, but has yet to be considered for canonization. The word was tìmwiä, utilizing the root muiä, "fairness." Could this work? Also, since I didn't mention it, the idea is for the words "truth and justice" to encircle a Na'vi hand in a similar fashion as in the movie Boondock Saints (look it up! :P).

Your help is truly appreciated...irayo, ma Pawl.

Truth be told, I wasn't sure if the idea would come to fruition, but, Hell, I might...or if anyone else wants to, by all means. Anyway, Frommer wrote back:

Kaltxì, ma Brandon--

Yes, tìmwiä (tìm.WI.ä) is fine for "fairness, justice." So "Truth and Justice" would be Tìngay sì Tìmwiä. I like that. Haven't looked up Boondock Saints yet, but I will. ;-) Best of luck with your project.

Paul

There you have it, a new word. And one that is a bit overdue, I think. Any derivations can come later.

Plumps

Great! :)

Fìsäomumìri irayo seiyi ngaru

Ftiafpi

Ooooh, nice tattoo idea and an excellent new word.

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.