Dict-na'vi.com report

Started by Vawmataw, February 03, 2013, 07:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 21, 2013, 11:39:33 PM
klltxeykay
is marked as vtr. in Taronyu ;)
what is correct, unlike dict-navi...
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tìtstewan

From Na'viteri:
Spring Vocabulary, Part 1
Quoteklltxay (vin., kll.TXAY—inf. 2,2) 'lie on the ground' (and its transitive form klltxeykay 'lay (something) on the ground').

Edit:
sälätxayn [sæ.læ.ˈtʼajn] n.     
Eroberung, die
Niederlage, die         
defeat
an instance of defeat
Warum Eroberung? ???

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Plumps

Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 22, 2013, 07:57:51 AM
sälätxayn [sæ.læ.ˈtʼajn] n.     
Eroberung, die
Niederlage, die         
defeat
an instance of defeat
Warum Eroberung? ???

Because I translated from lätxayn 'defeat in battle, conquer'
Also 'defeat' can be active as well as passive which translates to German as 'Niederlage' (passive) or 'Eroberung' (active)

Tirea Aean

isn't it an instance of having been / being defeated?

Plumps

Tirea Aean

because the opposite would be a victory. I think.

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Tìtstewan

Found a strange sentence here
http://dict-navi.com/de/dictionary/list/?type=search&search_term=n%C3%AChawng&search_language=-1

pamtseori po sulängìn nìhawng    tìkangkem|ìri vrrìn oe nì|wotx <- that should be a translation, kefyak?

Tìtstewan

And triple post...

A question...
In the main dictionary, lapo and fìpo are translated as "this one (person or thing)", in dict-Na'vi.com is only "other one (person)" (in German, as well). So, should will be added too? :-\

http://forum.learnnavi.org/website-info/the-dictionary-part-ii/msg580212/#msg580212

Palulukan Maktoyu

http://dict-navi.com/en/dictionary/term/5414/?search_term=up%20to

example sentences & phrases

lì'fya·ri le·Na'vi 'rrta·mì, vay set '·alm·ong a fra·'u z·er·a'u ta ngrrpongu
    Everything that has gone on with Na'vi on Earth until now has come from a gras roots movement
"grass"
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Plumps

Noted. I'll collect them to get to Tukan.
Irayo for all your supportive eyes ;D

Tìtstewan

A odd thing for me:
tei - Plains (proper name) http://dict-navi.com/de/dictionary/term/4558/?search_term=ebene
That should be Kaoliä Tei and in the dictionary it's listed in the invalid words block.

Taronyu Leleioae

A coding issue on exporting dict-navi file to Anki flash cards.

I decided to try play with the Anki flashcards program.  Discovered a couple of bigger issues.  There is a worldwide shared "deck" of word cards one can import.  However that deck only has maybe 1200 or so words, thus that shared deck hasn't been replaced/updated in ages.  The bigger issue, is that I downloaded the txt and media files listed on dict-navi.  One of the things you'll find out, you can't create decks via txt files on the android version.  I had to install the windows version, create the apkg file.  Then copy it over to my android tablet and import that way.  However when I ran the Anki program, the first word came up "aaw".  (Realizing it should be 'a'aw, I fixed the card.)  But when I called up the next one, I got "akra" with it and 'aku as the definition.  So I went back and looked at the txt file.

There are [(abcdefg)] descriptions in the file definitions.  It's causing a problem when Anki imports the file.  Thus I'm wondering if using the jmemrise csv file might be better as a source?

Anki also seems to be dumping the glottal stop ' character in the card creation.  Which is interesting as the program does support UTF-8.  Wondering if it's because of the way the txt file is formatted, or if the import function even in the word version is having an issue.  However the bracket coding is throwing off the card (note) creation.

The source file should look like this... (Link to Anki document.)

I'm not sure how many are using Anki to learn Na'vi words, but I think it's worth investigating to see if it's an easy fix as it's an interesting alternative that you can take on the go on your phone or tablet.

Plumps

Hm, interesting report :-\  I have no idea about those technical issues, but will let Tukan know about the problem.
Thanks for pointing to that.

Tukan

Thanks for reporting! I do not use Anik, but I'll have a look at this behaviour as soon as possible and will report the fix within this thread.

Tirea Aean

searched for munsna and it returned only as a noun, however, it is known to also be a productive prefix. (see LN Dict PDF Other Inflections, Na'viteri)

Plumps

We know ;)
It will be added to the prefix section behind the stage, so that you get that result. Same as when you type in tsafneioang now you'll get:
ioang 'animal'
+ tsa- 'that'
+ fne- 'kind of'

Tirea Aean

Oh. So you can't search for prefixes and get them returned as a prefix entry? Otherwise, the way you have it right now is very smart. :D