Dict-na'vi.com report

Started by Vawmataw, February 03, 2013, 07:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

I'm not sure. I see some words like nìayoeng is procounced as [naj.ˈwɛŋ] or zenke - [ˈzɛŋ.kɛ] and it is still listed in dict na'vi :-\
Maybe it would be useful to add in the additional info box words and/or pronounciation exceptions/differences.
Lets wait what Plumps will say.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Plumps

To be honest, I'm not sure how to treat this...
In a sense it is a similar case as with fewtusok and yayayrnga', as Tìtstewan hinted at. Meaning that in careful speech one would say [fɛwtusok] and [jajajɾŋaʔ] – in contrast to zenke, I think, that's always [zɛŋkɛ]. But that has to do with writing convention. So for now, I would retain the ejective in the IPA.

It's not the first time time that Frommer said something about ejectives coliding with other consonants. Here he said something along the same lines:

QuoteWhen an ejective at the end of a syllable is followed by another consonant, as in ka tsyokx fwivi above, pìwopxlok, kxitxmaw, etc., the ejective can be quite difficult to pronounce. In these cases, it's natural for the ejective to be pronounced as if it were a regular stop. For example, pìwopxlok is pronounced as if it were spelled pìwoplok, even though the actual spelling doesn't change. (Interestingly, this doesn't happen with words like atxkxe 'land' and ekxtxu 'rough.' There the two ejectives coming together are quite pronounceable!)
I'll think about it and take it to K. Pawl to consider...

Blue Elf

small typo found:
kxìm ->
English:    cammand - should be command
order
assign a task
----
släkop
english translation:    but also (used with: ken\'aw)
----
tìkxìm si vin.
english translation:    be above s.o. in a hierarchy
                               be s.o.\'s superior
-----

and also: system allows me to see Administration of other languages, like Hungarian or Romanian. fortunately it doesn't allow to edit records in these languages
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Plumps

Thanks, ma Blue Elf.

Fixed.

Quote from: Blue Elf on October 10, 2014, 01:28:32 PMand also: system allows me to see Administration of other languages, like Hungarian or Romanian. fortunately it doesn't allow to edit records in these languages

I have access to other languages, too. I trust that we are all mindful enough just to work in our respective fields of expertise in the appropriate language. If you still feel uncomfortable with it then you should should talk with Tukan about that. I don't have access to the deeper levels of the system.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Blue Elf on October 10, 2014, 01:28:32 PM
and also: system allows me to see Administration of other languages, like Hungarian or Romanian. fortunately it doesn't allow to edit records in these languages
I can confirm that. But as Plumps said, we sould work on the language field one can speak/use well.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Vawmataw

Sreyìri leNa'vi sweylu txo fkol rivawn melì'ut alu puk aylì'uä fa lì'u alu lì'upuk.

Tìtstewan

It seems that the apostrope is weird...
Ma Plumps, the German part has the \' in ken\'aw

Vawmataw

Quotetìkin [tɪ.ˈki.n] n.
The pronounciation is wrong.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Vawmataw on October 14, 2014, 04:21:05 PM
Quotetìkin [tɪ.ˈki.n] n.
`
Find the mistake. ;)

syllabification dots. there should only be one. (The . before the n should be removed)

Vawmataw

Ah, Mr Ninja! That's right.

Vawmataw

Tirea Aean

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 14, 2014, 04:30:45 PM
Quote from: Vawmataw on October 14, 2014, 04:29:53 PM
Quote from: Wllìm on October 14, 2014, 04:28:45 PM
Quote from: Vawmataw on October 14, 2014, 04:23:13 PM
Ah, Mr Ninja! That's right.
HRH ;D
hrh That's true. I was editing my post and he already answered!

That's how I roll. ;D
Rename yourself Nìntsya Aean. ;D

Back to topic:
Quote from: Vawmataw on October 14, 2014, 04:21:05 PM
Quotetìkin [tɪ.ˈki.n] n.
The pronounciation is wrong.

Tìtstewan

Topic notification and quick reply box activated, correct, ma Tirea? ;D

Back to topic:

I have a question related to the translators there. Is there any "lastes word changed history list" for each language group available?
I only see there a version for english words. :-\ It would be really cool to have it for romanian (and for other language there, of course).

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 14, 2014, 04:39:00 PM

Always. ;D

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 14, 2014, 04:39:00 PM

Back to topic:

I have a question related to the translators there. Is there any "lastes word changed history list" for each language group available?
I only see there a version for english words. :-\ It would be really cool to have it for romanian (and for other language there, of course).
If you mean The newest entries are: at bottom line under statistics, I can see it in every language

Tìtstewan

No, not that one. If you are going to the "administration" on the right side are "lastest edited words", but only for english words. And that one I mean. :)

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 15, 2014, 12:23:30 PM
No, not that one. If you are going to the "administration" on the right side are "latest edited words", but only for english words. And that one I mean. :)
Yes, only English words are there in all languages. Maybe it was intended to notice translators that English version changed, so they should check translation in their languages...