Dict-na'vi.com report

Started by Vawmataw, February 03, 2013, 07:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Vawmataw

I bet it answers to my question. It can't be solved or it's very complicated to solve it.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tirea Aean

Those other affixes can be used alone but <us> and <awn> need -a- and since it's not obvious which side that will go on in your sentence, there's not much that can be done besides maybe list both of those forms such as tusarona; atusaron.

It's probably not insane to implement this but it's probably not cake work either

Tìtstewan

I have no idea how to suggest a solution for it, because I don't know how the Dict-Na'vi codes work.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Plumps

Quote from: Vawmataw on August 22, 2015, 11:55:29 AM
old gallery link?id=6649[/img]
It's an interesting thing....

Your verb can become an adjective by simply adding the affixes -us-, ketsuk- and tsuk-, but adding the adjective particle alone is incorrect.
Is there something we can do?

Thanks for hinting at this again. Will let Tukan know.
I would need to know what you typed in as the searchable word that produced this outcome. Because if you type in lok on its own it doesn't produce that result.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Plumps on August 22, 2015, 06:51:58 PM
Quote from: Vawmataw on August 22, 2015, 11:55:29 AM
old gallery link?id=6649[/img]
It's an interesting thing....

Your verb can become an adjective by simply adding the affixes -us-, ketsuk- and tsuk-, but adding the adjective particle alone is incorrect.
Is there something we can do?

Thanks for hinting at this again. Will let Tukan know.
I would need to know what you typed in as the searchable word that produced this outcome. Because if you type in lok on its own it doesn't produce that result.

It does it for both loka and alok for me

Tìtstewan

It does for all verbs one write with a, like "atse'a".

Plumps

Well that can't be right ;D :P
Why would you look up such a thing? ;)

No, of course, that's not correct. I'll let Tukan know. Thanks, you guys.

Tirea Aean

Could it be that this allowing was done on purpose, so that the user would actually get relevant results (even if they don't make correct sense) instead of No Results, every time they happen to put in something that's not correctly formed?

Tìtstewan

Just my speculation: that -a- like "atse'a" could be appear in that search box just because one simply forgot to add <us> / <awn>? Because it would be correct if one search for "atse'<us/awn>a" that will shown as tse'a | <us> or <awn> | -a-

Tirea Aean

atsuse'a | tsuse'a
atsawne'a | tsawne'a

Good thing it knows what to do when people get the infix location incorrect. 8) :)

Vawmataw

Is tìomum countable?

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Vawmataw on August 25, 2015, 08:50:45 AM
Is tìomum countable?

I wouldn't think so, but I'm not even sure if säomum is or not either.  My guesses are:

Tìomum not countable
Säomum probably countable

Vawmataw

Therefore there's a mistake in the dictionary.

Plumps

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 25, 2015, 12:44:24 PM
Quote from: Vawmataw on August 25, 2015, 08:50:45 AM
Is tìomum countable?

I wouldn't think so, but I'm not even sure if säomum is or not either.  My guesses are:

Tìomum not countable
Säomum probably countable

säomum is countable (see here)

Vawmataw

Definition of fyanyo:
Elevated utalitarian surface
;D ;D ;D ;D

This is a tabel!

Plumps

Fixed. Thank you.
I shouldn't do these entries when I'm still under the influence of a jet lag...

Blue Elf

Small typo in translation of fekumnga' -> disadventageous. And I was wondering why I can't find translation into Czech for this word :)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Plumps

Thanks. Fixed.

I don't know why that is. I tried the German version and it works. You'd have to speak with Tukan about that.

Vawmataw

QuoteI don't know why that is. I tried the German version and it works. You'd have to speak with Tukan about that.
Talking to me? I purged my cache and it worked again. I forgot to delete my report.