Dict-na'vi.com report

Started by Vawmataw, February 03, 2013, 07:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plumps

Quote from: Wllìm on August 19, 2018, 04:21:32 PM
I found some discrepancies in the IPA (syllable boundaries) between Eana Eltu and Dict-Na'vi...

• olo'eyktan: o-lo-'EYK-tan (EE) vs. o-lo'-EYK-tan (DN)
  • 'ongokx: 'O-ngokx (EE) vs 'ONG-okx (DN) (but EE and DN agree that tì'ongokx is tì-'O-ngokx)
  • ... there are likely more of those, because I found these more or less by accident
After some discussion on Discord: the difference seems to be that EE strictly follows the maximum-onset rule in those cases, while DN prefers to keep the lexical components.

Interesting finds ...

I don't know where the reasoning for olo'eyktan came from ... could be that it's a very old entry where I wasn't 'gatekeeper' over the entry. I'm totally fine to change it to o-lo-'eyk-tan in accordance with the maximum-onset rule

'ongokx I took from the blog entry:

QuoteThe intransitive verb 'ongokx ['•ong•okx] means 'be born.'

I don't know if that is an error on KP's part but that's how I entered it. But it's true, it contradicts the more recent entry of tì'ongokx  :-\ By now I root for the latter, i.e. 'ongokx. Do we need confirmation on this?

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Plumps on August 21, 2018, 05:11:31 AM

I don't know where the reasoning for olo'eyktan came from ... could be that it's a very old entry where I wasn't 'gatekeeper' over the entry.

Most likely error by Taronyu that has survived all this time. o.o

I'm totally fine to change it to o-lo-'eyk-tan in accordance with the maximum-onset rule

Works.

'ongokx I took from the blog entry:

QuoteThe intransitive verb 'ongokx ['•ong•okx] means 'be born.'

I don't know if that is an error on KP's part but that's how I entered it.

That looks like he went one more character too far to the right when selecting the text to apply an underline in Word. (Because as you can see, he didn't get the g from ng.) The post says (pasted, and enlarged):

Quote 'ongokx ['•ong•okx]

EDIT: Actually, dev tools reports that "didn't get the g from ng" is most likely due to font because the html says:

Code (html) Select
<em>'ongokx</em> [<span style="text-decoration: underline;">'•ong</span>•okx]

Quote from: Plumps on August 21, 2018, 05:11:31 AMBut it's true, it contradicts the more recent entry of tì'ongokx  :-\ By now I root for the latter, i.e. 'ongokx. Do we need confirmation on this?

To me it seems much more likely that it was intended to be 'o.ngokx. It doesn't make sense to have

tì'ongokx (n., tì.'O.ngokx) 'birth'
( http://naviteri.org/2018/03/100a-liu-amip-64-new-words-part-1/ )

yet this:

'ongokx ['•ong•okx]
( http://naviteri.org/2010/09/getting-to-know-you-part-2/ )

So yeah, I'm in agreement as well.

Plumps

Vawmataw

The word Hälowin is missing
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tirea Aean

This word Hälowin was first mentioned on Na'viteri back on October 30 2011 and again on October 31 2012

I think it wasn't listed in the dict because it was an obvious loan word? Any word can be loaned once it has been converted to comply with syllable rules and phonetics.

Though I suppose since Giraffe is in Eana Eltu, We could just continue to put every single loan word Pawl has ever used in there as if we couldn't just do the same thing ourselves o.o

Eana Unil

Just wanted to note that the newest set of words (from KP's post here http://naviteri.org/2018/10/aysrr-ayvospxi-ayzisikrr-days-months-seasons/ ) is still missing inside dict-navi :x Unfortunately I can only edit entries to some extent, but not add new ones... that's why I'm nagging now here :P

Plumps

Hey.

You mean in the German version, right?

I have added them to the English version ...  :-\ must have forgotten to translate them. Ngaytxoa, I'm on it.

Vawmataw

That's weird. I can translate into French when the English word is available. What kind of perms does Eana Unil have?

Eana Unil

I didn't know the English entries were there, hrh, irayo ma Plumps :)

Vawmataw

Plumps

'ä'
zoslìsyu sre fwa sngap zize' ...

Tirea Aean

Plumps

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 06, 2019, 06:11:12 PM
Es gibt neue Wörter! :D :D :D :D

http://naviteri.org/2019/06/50a-liu-amip-40-new-words

I've seen it. As soon as I'm back from the Munich meetup I'll get on to it.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Plumps on June 07, 2019, 03:29:30 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 06, 2019, 06:11:12 PM
Es gibt neue Wörter! :D :D :D :D

http://naviteri.org/2019/06/50a-liu-amip-40-new-words

I've seen it. As soon as I'm back from the Munich meetup I'll get on to it.

Sorry, just got really excited about this xD
Hope you and the others are having a great time out there!

Plumps

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 07, 2019, 06:47:09 PM
Sorry, just got really excited about this xD
Hope you and the others are having a great time out there!

Ngari txe'lan mawey  ;)
We were all very excited here as well – so much so that I added them to the data base last night :P

I hope I didn't make any mistakes.

Vawmataw

Plumps

Thanks for the keen eyes ;)
Corrected

Vawmataw

I noticed that there are two entries for la'a, one without definition. I'll translate the one with a definition so I don't lose my work.

Eana Unil

The second incomplete one will be deleted asap ;)

Tekre

After I noticed that dict-navi don't recognize the infix <ìly> I started testing all the infixes. It also didn't recognize <ìry>.