Dict-na'vi.com report

Started by Vawmataw, February 03, 2013, 07:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

no rootword contains ìly and ìry so it might ease the process of finding them
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tekre

But why is that a reason that dict-navi doesn't have to find them?

Plumps

Quote from: Tekre on September 29, 2019, 03:03:54 PM
After I noticed that dict-navi don't recognize the infix <ìly> I started testing all the infixes. It also didn't recognize <ìry>.

:o :o :o :o

That's a great find! Thank you so much! I will add that to the list

Tekre

Another little find (sorry xD): It doesn't recognize sì when it is behind a noun...

tsrayne -> it gives out tsray + ne of course
tsraysì -> no result

This is probably because sì is categorized as conjunction and not as adposition, which is of course right, but is there a possibility to fix that?

Plumps

I'll have Tukan look into that! ;)

Tirea Aean

I suppose those may have been forgotten in the implementation. Those are decently rare to find in the wild after all. nice catch :) After all these years I never noticed :0

Tekre

Ok, I don't know why I'm running into so much little mistakes during the last days, but here are two more:
- in the german version there are two identical entries for la'a (Edit: I now saw that that was already reportet xD)
- in the english version the translation for "txanfwìngtu" is "Bastard, Loser (am insult)", so just a very little typo xD

Sorry xD

Plumps

Quote from: Tekre on October 08, 2019, 07:22:59 AM
Ok, I don't know why I'm running into so much little mistakes during the last days, but here are two more:
- in the german version there are two identical entries for la'a (Edit: I now saw that that was already reportet xD)
- in the english version the translation for "txanfwìngtu" is "Bastard, Loser (am insult)", so just a very little typo xD

Sorry xD

Don't every be sorry for that! :)

Both are fixed now.

Irayo nìtxan

Vawmataw

If you search a word with a -ti case ending, it will say patentive instead of patientive.

Wllìm

Tiny tiny mistake: the entry for may' has a spurious semicolon in the English translation.

Plumps

As discussed on Discord – fixed.

Wllìm

There seems to be a really weird issue with the search function: if you search for käì, it gives the result for kxì. (This came up on Discord, this caused some confusion because someone used käì for hello.)

It is not clear at all to me why this happens. I tried it with some other words, and it seems to have to do with the ì behind the ejective. It finds pxìm if you type pììm, but on the other hand, it doesn't find kxa if you search for käa.

I guess that the cause for this is buried deep in the internals of dict-na'vi, so it can probably not be fixed. Still, I wanted to at least document it because it's so weird ...

Vawmataw

Tìfnawe' is called fìfnawe' on dict-navi  :-\

Plumps

Pxasìk!  >:(
I hate it when I make mistakes like that. Thanks for your toruk eyes!

Will fix it sre fwa sngap zize'

Plumps

My friends and users of dict-navi!

First, there is an apology in order: Also in the name of Tukan, we have to apologize for the long delay in some of these matters. But as I said before, some of the issues go deeper than I have the power to fix right away ;)

After a long conference call today, I'm happy to announce that we (or rather Tukan!) fixed the following mistakes that all of you with eagle eyes reported:

• ìly› and ‹ìry› have been added to the infix section (must have slipt through our fingers last time), so verbs with these infixes will be found
  • the infix ‹ats› in verbs that begin with ts- can be found again. That was a weird bug that aparently took some deep digging on Tukan's part.
  • will be recognised by the search engine when written as a suffix to nouns, adjectives, and adverbs.
  • sko is marked as + (leniting adp. now)
  • the 'weird' find of kxì when typing in *käì has something to do with typing error regulation (the search engine makes several passes to check for lenition, ä and ì for e etc. etc.), we felt that this is not an immediate problem so we didn't tackle that right away. If you find that it hinders your normal search in the future, let us know.

And as an announcement, Tukan is working on the possibility to parse through the dictionary via word classes. This will be implimented the same way we handle groups right now, i.e., there will be a new bottom on the right hand screen beside 'by groups' which will take you to the options of word classes. Not all word classes will be included but you will find the main ones. I don't have a time table for that ... but it is coming :)

Vawmataw

Yay! Irayo seiyi mengaru!

Tirea Aean

Wou! Thanks for this update, and thanks to Tukan for all the hard work :D

Tekre

Thanks for the update! But I found the next thing hrh

If I search for <noun>to (in comparinson to <noun>) it is only detected as <noun> + -t + -o
Is there a way to show both, so the version with -t + -o and that it also show -to?

Wllìm

Quote from: Tekre on June 08, 2020, 07:29:02 AM
If I search for <noun>to (in comparinson to <noun>) it is only detected as <noun> + -t + -o
Is there a way to show both, so the version with -t + -o and that it also show -to?

I believe technically + -t + -o is incorrect, because as far as I know, the order should be reversed (ultralot(i), not utralto, right?)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Wllìm on June 08, 2020, 07:49:07 AM
Quote from: Tekre on June 08, 2020, 07:29:02 AM

I believe technically + -t + -o is incorrect, because as far as I know, the order should be reversed (ultralot(i), not utralto, right?)

^ This.

I wonder if this has to do with it possibly considering and allowing for user error?

IMO, I think it should probably display only "Utral + -o + -t" for "utralot" but display "Utral + to" for "utralto" because otherwise it may be confusing due to an ambiguity that doesn't actually exist.