Easy Na'vi Lessons Blog

Started by Tirea Aean, October 26, 2012, 08:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 09, 2015, 03:37:27 PM
LOL, I did a quite good job for that I am not a computer science student (I never got the chance to studied that :(). ;D

Hey, for sure, your web dev skills are pretty nice! Def for someone who is just now figuring it out by testing, not taking classes. (tbh, I never took any web classes either, I just use Google search too XD)

Hey Tirea, I got an total weird idea regarding login and post stuff. but I have to play a bit first.

Txantsan! *wonders what it is* I'll be on FBM

Tìtstewan

Just fixed: TireaAean -> TireaAeanLN (YouTube)

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 09, 2015, 03:41:59 PM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 09, 2015, 03:37:27 PM
LOL, I did a quite good job for that I am not a computer science student (I never got the chance to studied that :(). ;D

Hey, for sure, your web dev skills are pretty nice! Def for someone who is just now figuring it out by testing, not taking classes. (tbh, I never took any web classes either, I just use Google search too XD)
Irayo! :D

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 09, 2015, 03:41:59 PM
Hey Tirea, I got an total weird idea regarding login and post stuff. but I have to play a bit first.

Txantsan! *wonders what it is* I'll be on FBM
Will work on it after NFD is done. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tirea Aean

New look and even more mobile-friendly UI! Also, new lessons format! Check it out! :D

http://tirea.learnnavi.org

Unfortunately, those with experience already in the language may have to wait until my lessons catch up before learning anything new. HRH

Let me know what you all think!

Tìtstewan

I like it. I looks very good, better than that page I did. :D

A minor suggestion:
The link on "Tirea Na'vi" should direct one to the main page, doesn't it? :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Toliman

Txantsana weptseng ma Tirea Aean  :D

Looks really very good  :)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 12, 2016, 09:34:02 AM
I like it. I looks very good, better than that page I did. :D

Quote from: Toliman on October 12, 2016, 01:10:36 PM
Txantsana weptseng ma Tirea Aean  :D

Looks really very good  :)

Tstunwi! :D

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 12, 2016, 09:34:02 AM
A minor suggestion:
The link on "Tirea Na'vi" should direct one to the main page, doesn't it? :)

It does redirect to main page. Every php file used to be in the material folder but now I made different folders. So I see that this would work on links page but not lessons page. Will fix.

Interested in iOS compatibility. Receiving reports of icon font not rendering the menu icon or the play button icons.

Plumps

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 14, 2016, 05:18:16 PM
Interested in iOS compatibility. Receiving reports of icon font not rendering the menu icon or the play button icons.

Yup, exactly what I got in iOS 9.3.5

Rutxe srung si oer :-\ I don't remember the usage of tam ke tam – where was this first used?

Tìtstewan

Ma Plumps:
http://naviteri.org/2012/10/mipa-vospxi-mipa-ayliu-new-words-for-the-new-month/comment-page-1/#comment-1621
QuoteI wouldn't use kesran as an answer to ngaru lu fpom srak. The structure of the question is literally "Do you have fpom?" to which it's strange to answer "Mediocre." Instead, say Tam ke tam. This is short for, "The amount of fpom I have suffices and doesn't suffice."

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Plumps on October 15, 2016, 03:29:04 AM
iOS 9.3.5

That's why.  I've received reports of iOS 10.x.x users seeing the icon instead of text, as it should be. My latest guess is iOS<10 and Safari on that version does not support icon fonts.

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 15, 2016, 12:37:02 PM
Ma Plumps:
http://naviteri.org/2012/10/mipa-vospxi-mipa-ayliu-new-words-for-the-new-month/comment-page-1/#comment-1621
QuoteI wouldn't use kesran as an answer to ngaru lu fpom srak. The structure of the question is literally "Do you have fpom?" to which it's strange to answer "Mediocre." Instead, say Tam ke tam. This is short for, "The amount of fpom I have suffices and doesn't suffice."

Thanks for the ninja ;D. Dat Naviteri HTML hrh

Plumps

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 15, 2016, 01:46:51 PM
Quote from: Plumps on October 15, 2016, 03:29:04 AM
iOS 9.3.5

That's why.  I've received reports of iOS 10.x.x users seeing the icon instead of text, as it should be. My latest guess is iOS<10 and Safari on that version does not support icon fonts.

Alright, good to know. I'll update soon.

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 15, 2016, 01:46:51 PM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 15, 2016, 12:37:02 PM
Ma Plumps:

Thanks for the ninja ;D. Dat Naviteri HTML hrh

Oh, alright. And it was even an answer to a question of mine :-X ;D
I have to add that to the Annotated Dictionary ASAP.

Atkxìn

For some reason I only see the first lesson, Greetings and Introductions, whenever I go to the lesson page. A few weeks ago I found a page with all of the lessons, but ever since then I can only see the first one. I'm going to tirea.learnnavi.org. Any help?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Tìtstewan

Because there is only that lesson.

There is another version of Tirea's lesson blog (I have designed) where one can find some lessons: http://tirea.learnnavi.org/mip/01.php

Atkxìn

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 01, 2017, 11:44:46 AM
Because there is only that lesson.

There is another version of Tirea's lesson blog (I have designed) where one can find some lessons: http://tirea.learnnavi.org/mip/01.php
Irayo nìtxan! This is exactly what I was looking for, with the 17 grammar lessons. :)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Atxkìn on February 01, 2017, 07:58:47 AM
For some reason I only see the first lesson, Greetings and Introductions, whenever I go to the lesson page. A few weeks ago I found a page with all of the lessons, but ever since then I can only see the first one. I'm going to tirea.learnnavi.org. Any help?

Yeah, I've been in the middle of a lot of coding projects at once. One of them has been to re-design the website and create all-new content. Like Tìtstewan said, the previous entire website version is still intact at http://tirea.learnnavi.org/mip/

I'm still planning to write all-new but similar lessons. :)

Sorry for the confusion! Thanks for your interest! :D

Atkxìn

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 02, 2017, 08:47:12 PM
Quote from: Atxkìn on February 01, 2017, 07:58:47 AM

Yeah, I've been in the middle of a lot of coding projects at once. One of them has been to re-design the website and create all-new content. Like Tìtstewan said, the previous entire website version is still intact at http://tirea.learnnavi.org/mip/

I'm still planning to write all-new but similar lessons. :)

Sorry for the confusion! Thanks for your interest! :D
The "old" lessons are awesome! I'm currently on lesson 8! :) I'm loving them! A lot of things are falling into place.

This, combined with lots of reading Na'vi, has really helped--I've been reading through the Na'vi in "Avatar" (on the wiki) and trying to understand the rules and vocabulary and how each sentence 'works', then also reading your lessons and going back to reread the lines when I gain a new insight.

Of course, some of the lines aren't perfect, grammatically, but I feel like they give you a good feel for how Na'vi is spoken. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The lessons you already have are super legit.

The thing I really need to do now, and what I have before found to be very effective in learning language, is to make a short list of vocabulary (15 to 30 words) that includes all the parts of speech I know how to use, and practice forming sentences based on your lessons--practice makes better!

Sorry, probably off topic! Thanks! :D

Tirea Aean

Ma Atxkìn, thanks for the kind words! I do all I can to help spread understanding of this gorgeous language! :D I'm glad you like the lessons and they make sense.

I really like and support the approach you're taking. Keep that up and you'll be a pro in no time.

After I'm done with Fwew and the LN Android app projects, I plan to continue my work there on the site. :D

Tìtstewan

Hmm, a lesson blog with the material design and the minimalistic php code (like that on dothraki)? That can be done somehow and I can help since I will bang on php this weekend anyway. :)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 03, 2017, 11:10:31 PM
Hmm, a lesson blog with the material design and the minimalistic php code (like that on dothraki)? That can be done somehow and I can help since I will bang on php this weekend anyway. :)

I was playing with that idea, a new minimal design based on your repo but I'm more worried about new content than new design at the moment :) Feel free to commit stuff in a new branch of my tirea-learnnavi-org repo :)

Tìtstewan

Why not just adding those lessons you already have written? As you see, some people are looking for these lessons. :)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 04, 2017, 12:13:27 PM
Why not just adding those lessons you already have written? As you see, some people are looking for these lessons. :)

Not a bad idea. I guess I'll do that, in the meantime while I'm not able to provide new content.