Easy way to learn Na'vi activity book!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, January 22, 2010, 04:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Thank you. Both of you. I don't see it as that much of a project now that it is finally done, and I see how much more I could have added, and the amazing things other people are doing daily. I am really liking your "How to Learn Na'vi" site irongamer, and I hope it continues to come together. We will have to have you on the podcast soon. As for me, I am hoping to leave instruction behind and move into entertainment with the new podcast. Okay, perhaps a little instruction (rather a lot, really) but from people who can actually pronounce words like eye-ray-oh.

I laid out a whole bunch of example methods that people can use to learn Na'vi. If someone had the time and passion, they could take the ideas I have presented and combine them with their own to create a truly magnificent instructional tool. I really think fun activity books that blend learning with knowledge of culture, fun puzzles, movie trivia, and skill building (vocab, grammar, and "fun phrases to use on your friends--or boss") will actually sell quite well. Maybe not as well has Happy Meal toys of Toruk, but enough to make super-fans and collectors impressed. Okay, back to work on the podcast now.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kxanìa Na'rìng

Something small.. in the "3-Letter Action Words" (pg 7) activity.. i noticed that NEW should actually be NEU

Also I have no idea how to even start the "Quotation Puzzle Hell Fun!" (pg 15) activity (above the "Na'vi Gingerbread Anatomy" activity)

That is all I have caught/have trouble with so far.. This is the best Language based activity book ive ever used.. Wonderful work.
"Why look who it is... YOU!... How'bout that." Lord Sheogorath

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Kxanìa Na'rìng on February 13, 2010, 01:26:18 PM
Something small.. in the "3-Letter Action Words" (pg 7) activity.. i noticed that NEW should actually be NEU

No, it is "new" it was changed a long time ago.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Kxanìa Na'rìng on February 13, 2010, 01:26:18 PM

Also I have no idea how to even start the "Quotation Puzzle Hell Fun!" (pg 15) activity (above the "Na'vi Gingerbread Anatomy" activity)

That is all I have caught/have trouble with so far.. This is the best Language based activity book ive ever used.. Wonderful work.

Thanks! Yeah, that new/neu thing really gets under my skin, but they changed it without me knowing (make sure to grab the latest dictionary, as it is always changing).

And that quotation puzzle needs some 'splainin'. I dropped the ball on that. It is a classic crossword puzzle thing where you take letters from the columns below the "puzzle boxes" and insert them. Normally you can do this in English (dammit! I am starting to spell English as inglish now--THANKS Na'vi!), but this one is tricky. You start with the easy words, like smell, or my (in this case: "Oeri," which is the first word) or from ("ta" which is the second word).

So go back to the Quotation Hell and in the top left boxes write OERI and then in the next two boxes (after the black square) write TA. Be sure to cross off those letters from the columns below.

You see, in the 6th column from the left, the only letter you can use is a T. There is one box and one letter. The next letter has to be a vowel as it is a "two-letter word," so you use either one of the A's. That leaves a T and an A for the other two boxes in that column. The puzzle is a process of elimination problem, where you start with what you know and end up with less and less letters/choices, so that you can guess fairly accurately. Anyway, I hope that helps.

I apologize for the confusion.

2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Skyinou

kaltxì!

p26:
lack a "3."
"tswayon" => "tswon"
two times "touch" ?
"1awve" => " 'awve"
"smile"? => "lrrtok"
two times "agree" ?
Let's rock with The Tanners!

Kxanìa Na'rìng

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 13, 2010, 01:52:41 PM
Irayo ma Kawazoe. Someone needs to get their txìm in gear and fix the vocab page on the main site.. as it is obviously creating some confusion.

Irayo ma Kaltxì Palulukan! for that explanation. I have never seen that variation of that puzzle(QPHF)

I just found the Dictionary in the downloads section. Irayo for all your great work.

[EDIT] "Other 4-letter words you should know" (pg15)

Irayo for your time.
"Why look who it is... YOU!... How'bout that." Lord Sheogorath

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Skyinou on February 13, 2010, 02:28:04 PM
kaltxì!

p26:
lack a "3."
"tswayon" => "tswon"
two times "touch" ?
"1awve" => " 'awve"
"smile"? => "lrrtok"
two times "agree" ?

I apologize for my stupidity, but what does this mean?

EDIT: Okay, I got it now. I made them harder.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Kxanìa Na'rìng on February 13, 2010, 02:52:16 PM
Quote from: Kawazoe on February 13, 2010, 01:52:41 PM
Irayo ma Kawazoe. Someone needs to get their txìm in gear and fix the vocab page on the main site.. as it is obviously creating some confusion.

Irayo ma Kaltxì Palulukan! for that explanation. I have never seen that variation of that puzzle(QPHF)

I just found the Dictionary in the downloads section. Irayo for all your great work.

[EDIT] "Other 4-letter words you should know" (pg15)

Irayo for your time.

See? This I can wrap my head around. Lemmefix that now.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Uploading corrected version now (has a new "Created with Cute PDF Pro" stamp--oh well).

Sasukekun2717

Irayo,Kaltxì Palulukan! this is awesome!!!!!great work

Skyinou

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 13, 2010, 07:55:44 PM

I apologize for my stupidity, but what does this mean?

Kaltxì!
Please forgive me. I realize, reading it again now, that it wasn't clear at all.
I'll do better next time.
Thanks for all your work!
Let's rock with The Tanners!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Just a quick note here: I finally found the "I love Bosco" radio commercial that has the original melody, that became the "I hate Bosco" parody song, which I mangled into Na'vi, inthe "songbook" section. Here is the original commercial jingle (you can get the melody from this). I have written permission from the site owner to use this material: www.dustywhite.net/Navi/Bosco.mp3

TorukMakto!

I don't read books, just webpages and science sometimes, but this just sounds too good that I just have to try it sometime soon!
*downloading*
Irayo.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 14, 2010, 11:27:23 PM
I don't read books, just webpages and science sometimes, but this just sounds too good that I just have to try it sometime soon!
*downloading*
Irayo.
well then, you should check out irongamers learn na'vi website project. It is not a book :)

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 14, 2010, 11:29:27 PM
Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 14, 2010, 11:27:23 PM
*downloading*
Irayo.
well then, you should check out irongamers learn na'vi website project. It is not a book :)

Good advice, might work.
First I'll check this creation and then I'll move to the website project, or maybe after a few weeks combine the two.
Irayo :)

Tsawke'ong

Kaltxi! Irayo for this! Looking forward to the worksheets and puzzles. I appreciate all the hard work you've put into this :) 
"Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come."

Pwatem

:D When I saw it was 100 pages i was like  :o this must have taken ALOT of work!

IRAYO!!!! irayo fpi ngayä ler     :)
,__, 
(0,0)
/)_)
   ""
"I am alive inside. a bird is my heart." - Sapphire

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Pwatem on February 15, 2010, 07:22:44 PM
:D When I saw it was 100 pages i was like  :o this must have taken ALOT of work!

I only did the forst 60 or so pages (and the very last one). Please thank Skxang and Eight. Eight did the amazing rhyming dictionary (which appears right after the Na'vi "starter songbook." Skxawng made the grammar sheets, AND THEN gave me permission in add them to this little document. He is my hero. Please give Eight and Skxawng some karma love.

Pwatem

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 15, 2010, 11:35:45 PM

I only did the forst 60 or so pages (and the very last one). Please thank Skxang and Eight. Eight did the amazing rhyming dictionary (which appears right after the Na'vi "starter songbook." Skxawng made the grammar sheets, AND THEN gave me permission in add them to this little document. He is my hero. Please give Eight and Skxawng some karma love.

I will thank them both!! Please excuse my skxawng. .ness, but how do you give karma?  ???
,__, 
(0,0)
/)_)
   ""
"I am alive inside. a bird is my heart." - Sapphire

Swizaw Nguway

Quote from: Pwatem on February 16, 2010, 03:09:13 AM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 15, 2010, 11:35:45 PM

I will thank them both!! Please excuse my skxawng. .ness, but how do you give karma?  ???
Press the little [applaud] button under someones name, however you need 25 posts before you can do this.