Easy way to learn Na'vi activity book!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, January 22, 2010, 04:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pwatem

Quote from: Swizaw Nguway on February 16, 2010, 06:51:44 AM
Quote from: Pwatem on February 16, 2010, 03:09:13 AM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 15, 2010, 11:35:45 PM
Quote from: Pwatem on February 15, 2010, 07:22:44 PM
:D When I saw it was 100 pages i was like  :o this must have taken ALOT of work!

IRAYO!!!! irayo fpi ngayä ler     :)
I only did the forst 60 or so pages (and the very last one). Please thank Skxang and Eight. Eight did the amazing rhyming dictionary (which appears right after the Na'vi "starter songbook." Skxawng made the grammar sheets, AND THEN gave me permission in add them to this little document. He is my hero. Please give Eight and Skxawng some karma love.

irayo. oe kame. I must post more then.

I will thank them both!! Please excuse my skxawng. .ness, but how do you give karma?  ???
Press the little [applaud] button under someones name, however you need 25 posts before you can do this.
,__, 
(0,0)
/)_)
   ""
"I am alive inside. a bird is my heart." - Sapphire

Alìm Tsamsiyu

Found a small error in this:

In the "2-Letter words to memorize and remember" section

#5 - __ E "Where (to)? You want (to) go downtown?

This use (the one highlighted in red) of the English word "to" is not the same meaning as the Na'vi word for "to" you're asking for.

The first usage is correct, the second usage is the infinitive form of the verb "go." The Na'vi translation of this would not use the word for "to," but rather k<iv>ä.

If you still want a second usage you could instead change it to: "Where (to)? You want to go (to) the store?
Oeyä ayswizawri tswayon alìm ulte takuk nìngay.
My arrows fly far and strike true.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Alìm Tsamsiyu on February 17, 2010, 01:28:13 PM
Found a small error in this:

In the "2-Letter words to memorize and remember" section

#5 - __ E "Where (to)? You want (to) go downtown?

This use (the one highlighted in red) of the English word "to" is not the same meaning as the Na'vi word for "to" you're asking for.

The first usage is correct, the second usage is the infinitive form of the verb "go." The Na'vi translation of this would not use the word for "to," but rather k<iv>ä.

If you still want a second usage you could instead change it to: "Where (to)? You want to go (to) the store?

Yeah, I changed that (in the "changed version.") It was a surreptitious "to." I was tired at the time. Thanks for noticing and posting.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Txantslusam Skxawng

Kaltxì, this is so good! And easy too!! +1 karma for Skxawng, +1 karma for Kaltxì Palulukan and also Eight +1 karma.

Edit: The only bad thing in it, is that i cant typ in it. I know u guys dont want some stealing it and i understand that. I just that their is no company in my area where i can print stuff and even if their is one, i probably need permission of my parents and they wont let me cuz they think i dont need it. I have enough paper to print it out at home but i dont know if its worth printing, of course its worth but it are a 100 pages
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Eanikran

holy crap, oe haven't been watching this thread much. last time I looked in here the book was 19 pages  :o

Tsawke'ong

Every time I look at it it's changed and only gotten better! Isn't it exciting? I sure think it is!!! Irayo to all who are working on it because I love it!
"Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come."

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on February 19, 2010, 05:57:40 AM
I have enough paper to print it out at home but i dont know if its worth printing, of course its worth but it are a 100 pages
You could print it Duplex (double sided) and cut your paper use in half if that's the issue.  You could also print of a few at a time instead of all at once.  Perhaps 10 pages at a time (for five sheets of paper)

Rain

Whoah, if somebody were to teach a Na'vi class, that would be like a whole semester's worth of homework!!
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Tsawke'ong

Agreed. I would be sitting in the front row. EVERYDAY! Such a shame that there isn't a class being taught at my university... By the way Rain, your profile picture is absolutely GORGEOUS!
"Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come."

Rain

Quote from: Tsawke'ong Irrtok on February 21, 2010, 01:44:02 AM
Agreed. I would be sitting in the front row. EVERYDAY! Such a shame that there isn't a class being taught at my university... By the way Rain, your profile picture is absolutely GORGEOUS!

LOL too bad I don't actually look like that.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Tsawke'ong

Quote from: Rain on February 21, 2010, 01:49:10 AM
Quote from: Tsawke'ong Irrtok on February 21, 2010, 01:44:02 AM

LOL too bad I don't actually look like that.

I know! I'm jealous of a fictional character's looks... :) Though I think the she represents the beauty in all humanity. So I can at least share in an inner beauty with that regard.

Nyve

irayo,
thanks so so SO much!! ^^
it really helps me ^^

it a shame you cannot actually learn Na'vi in class! this is really a beautiful language, with writing AND speaking  :D
lets make Na'vi an actual language ^^
(that is NEVER going to happen... but would be SO cool tough)

Bella

Neytiri 4 ever ^^
(signature by BlazingsNL from DeviantArt)

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Nyve on February 21, 2010, 10:17:49 AM
irayo,
thanks so so SO much!! ^^
it really helps me ^^

it a shame you cannot actually learn Na'vi in class! this is really a beautiful language, with writing AND speaking  :D
lets make Na'vi an actual language ^^
(that is NEVER going to happen... but would be SO cool tough)

Bella

This is going to happen. In fact, that's the main reason we are here! If more and more people speak it, Fox might release the copyright and we could register it just like Klingon.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Swizaw Nguway

If na'vi was a real language no one would speak anything else its that good :P

Nyve

QuoteIf na'vi was a real language no one would speak anything else its that good
I totally agree in that ^^ Na'vi is officially the most awesome language ever.
I tend to hate every language... (also my native one >.>) but I love Na'vi.

it would be so awesome if Na'vi gets such a copyright as Klingon, but I don't think its ever going to happen that you can learn it in class.
Klingon still is the language only geeky star trek fans speak (no offence) and I think that Na'vi, how sad it might be for such a brilliant language, is going to be the same thing for Avatar.
^^ I will gladly be one of those "geeks" who learn this language, and I've got only one reason: :D Na'vi is simply awesome

Neytiri 4 ever ^^
(signature by BlazingsNL from DeviantArt)

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Swizaw Nguway on February 21, 2010, 10:20:24 AM
If na'vi was a real language no one would speak anything else its that good :P

Well... Na'vi is a very simple language after all. There isn't much exceptions to grammar rules. There isn't a written language so we write what we hear thus no strange writing rules. The rules of speech let you say anything you want in the order you want which is very good when you need to transmit an idea to someone. I think it could make a pretty good international language. Ho yes there's some hard sounds but not everybody is able to do the th english sound correctly.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Eaite Randjam on February 21, 2010, 12:31:12 AM
Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on February 19, 2010, 05:57:40 AM
I have enough paper to print it out at home but i dont know if its worth printing, of course its worth but it are a 100 pages
You could print it Duplex (double sided) and cut your paper use in half if that's the issue.  You could also print of a few at a time instead of all at once.  Perhaps 10 pages at a time (for five sheets of paper)

Also: use the "draft" setting to use less ink! :)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Tsawke'ong

In regards to printing documents, I have to mention here how sneaky I am... I work late at my office and when everyone is gone, I just slyly use the work printer. Also, when no one is in the office I can usually be caught pronouncing words at my desk :) It's such a beautiful language when spoken aloud. I love it.

Skxe Eywaftu

"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much"- Dr. Grace Augustine

Eaite Randjam

A success story:

Ever since I printed out and began working on this 100 page workbook I've had two people ask where they can learn Na'vi as well!  Two referrals to LearnNavi.org in the bank!