Easy way to learn Na'vi activity book!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, January 22, 2010, 04:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eywayä lì'u

I know its off topic but i just have to say, seeing your sangheili pic just keeps on reminding me that Halo:Reach is gonna be awesome! I'm interested as to whether the San 'Shyuum will make an appearance...

sorry about that, back on topic
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Eaite Randjam on February 22, 2010, 05:35:41 PM
A success story:

Ever since I printed out and began working on this 100 page workbook I've had two people ask where they can learn Na'vi as well!  Two referrals to LearnNavi.org in the bank!

Woot!! Cookies for you! Thanks!!
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Nyve

QuoteIn regards to printing documents, I have to mention here how sneaky I am... I work late at my office and when everyone is gone, I just slyly use the work printer. Also, when no one is in the office I can usually be caught pronouncing words at my desk  :) It's such a beautiful language when spoken aloud. I love it.
hehe I know what you mean  :D I'm still on high school... and my parents think "that I'm nuts to learn a fictive language"  :-\ so often I print things when they're gone and lock myself up in my room where I'm learning and trying to pronounce words as correctly as I can.
Na'vi might be a fairly easy language (I'm understanding it bit by bit more ^^ a few months and I'm better in Na'vi than French. >just a note: I suck at french  :-X and really a lot<)

Neytiri 4 ever ^^
(signature by BlazingsNL from DeviantArt)

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Nyve on February 23, 2010, 12:56:09 PM
QuoteIn regards to printing documents, I have to mention here how sneaky I am... I work late at my office and when everyone is gone, I just slyly use the work printer. Also, when no one is in the office I can usually be caught pronouncing words at my desk  :) It's such a beautiful language when spoken aloud. I love it.
hehe I know what you mean  :D I'm still on high school... and my parents think "that I'm nuts to learn a fictive language"  :-\ so often I print things when they're gone and lock myself up in my room where I'm learning and trying to pronounce words as correctly as I can.
Na'vi might be a fairly easy language (I'm understanding it bit by bit more ^^ a few months and I'm better in Na'vi than French. >just a note: I suck at french  :-X and really a lot<)

yeah Na;vi is dead easy once you learn all the grammar, how long have you been learning French for?

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tsamsiyu Atan

will there be activity packets provided for those who finish this one to advance their na'vi tongue

Tsawke'ong

Quote from: Tsamsiyu Atan on February 23, 2010, 06:09:01 PM
will there be activity packets provided for those who finish this one to advance their na'vi tongue

Irayo Tsamsiyu Atan! Brilliant question! I know that if I say that I would LOVE additional documents to study that I might as well give myself "selfish Karma" but I would love additional paperwork. I love worksheets... they bring me great joy!
"Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come."

Tsawke'ong

Oh I know just how you feel! I used a Na'Vi sentence to a co worker today... she said I was absolutely mad. It was brilliant! French is super hard.. Kudos to you!
"Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come."

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Tsawke'ong Lrrtok on February 23, 2010, 10:48:30 PM

Oh I know just how you feel! I used a Na'Vi sentence to a co worker today... she said I was absolutely mad. It was brilliant! French is super hard.. Kudos to you!

I wouldn't say french is super hard as such, it really depends on how much you give to learning it and your method of learning. Classroom style is the best. But I do see what you mean, I've been learning it for about 5 years and only now am I pretty much fluent.

Nyve

Quoteyeah Na;vi is dead easy once you learn all the grammar, how long have you been learning French for?
for about 3 years....
QuoteOh I know just how you feel! I used a Na'Vi sentence to a co worker today... she said I was absolutely mad. It was brilliant! French is super hard.. Kudos to you!
haha yea ^^ I once used a Na'vi sentence to a friend(it was probably wrong, but she doesn't know that...), she's always boasting about the fact that she is SO friggin good in all languages. her first reaction was: "WTF!? what did you say?!?!?"
when I told her it was Na'vi she looked at me with a "you are nuts" expression.
and yes, French IS super hard! which skxawng invented French? Na'vi is a lot easier! (the pronunciation is difficult, but I can say the pronunciation of French isn't really easy to... they speak SOOO fast >.<)

Neytiri 4 ever ^^
(signature by BlazingsNL from DeviantArt)

Niwantaw

off topic notice!!
but fun
do you reckon could get a petition to remove france from the world map and french removed from the list of world languages?
back to the topic
(hopefully) ;)
Only mostly AWOL.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

(Hmm... we seem to have been infiltrated by the RDA.) Well, speaking personally; I *like* French Fries, French Toast, French women (ooh la la!), Champagne (the region AND the tasty beverage!), and the Eiffel Tower. Snails? Not so much, but definitely french kissing.

So... let's get back to talking about the book--which is, as we speak, being translated into French! (Yaay!) :D
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Skyinou

Yes, except I'm still waiting a message from you  ;D
Let's rock with The Tanners!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Skyinou on February 26, 2010, 10:07:00 PM

Did you email me, like I asked? [email protected] PM me. Remind me exactly what you need (pleez!) Oh, and I have a surprise -- just for you! We are making an offical "Na'vi cover!" (and I will fix a few errors). Now PM/email me! (pleeeeeez!)

Skyinou

Quote from: Skyinou on February 26, 2010, 10:07:00 PM
That's what I just did here.  ;D
(I also send you a PM this time)
Let's rock with The Tanners!

Payoang

Fnua Atxkxe

Epic Win, that is so awesome, must tell people about this, shame his Na'vi had collapsed by the time he got back to the studio :D
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Kayrìlien

So awesome! You definitely need to add an "AS SEEN ON TV" logo to the front of the book now! Besides, with this new media coverage, there are probably going to be lots of new people coming to the site looking for this EXACT activity book!

Congratulations!!!!!!

Kayrìlien

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Yaay Professor Frommer got on TV!

And they mentioned Learn Na'vi, right? (I am such a loser--I have to get to Starbucks after work to get enough bandwidth to watch the video).

WTG Sebastian. Have a cookie for making this site.

ExLibrisMortis

Kaltxì ma frapo, oel ngati kameie!

Update regarding the workbook, if you havn't noticed. With the Rosetta Stone look/work alike program Tree of Voices that Jaywalker has made, we have come up with lessons that coincide with this workbook. All the vocabulary pages now have a digital way to be practiced. If used side by side with the Workbook, the Tree of Voices can increase the learning process in regards to this language exponentially. To give it a shot, just click on the picture in my sig.

About the workbook, that was freaking sweet to see it on GMA. Congrats to you KP! Your work has affected this community so positively and honestly made the process of learning this beautiful language much more streamlined.

Irayo,
Eywa Ngahu!

Nìftxavang Sreu

Went out and had one bound today after seeing it on GMA. I had been meaning to, but that really gave me the push I needed to get it done!  :)

Are there any places where the answers are written down so I can check my work? Also, I've seen people posting about other programs that coincide with your book, and things like flash cards and such? Is there any way someone could post links to these things, or direct me to somewhere where they are already collaborated?

Irayo aysmukan si aytsmuke

proud member of the NSFC!!