Easy way to learn Na'vi activity book!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, January 22, 2010, 04:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Also look in the "your projects" topic on the main forum page, here:

http://forum.learnnavi.org/your-projects-other-resources/

And as to updates. That might be a really good idea (answer pages). lemmesee about that.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Nyve

:D that is SO awesome!
maybe Na'vi will be a "real accepted" language to ^^
I've got to say: the pronunciation is really hard, not what you would expect at first. but it sounds so beautiful ;D

Neytiri 4 ever ^^
(signature by BlazingsNL from DeviantArt)

Tsawke'ong

WOW! Congrats guys! So cool that it's on GMA! You all are such celebrities!  ;)
"Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come."

Rolyu

Yay!  They showed the books and stuff and talked about the chat room!  OMg!  That's so really really cool!

Na'vi Kxanìa Taronyu

Thanks so much Kaltxi for the book.  It's helping me out, but extremely slowly.  Guess that's what happens when people have a load more work then they can handle.  (Webpage Design, Video Production, High School, etc.)
I am a Video Producer, Webpage Designer, Na'Vi enthusiast, BMW fanatic, and a Mac OS X Server Certified Server Administrator.

I am The People's Forbidden Hunter
Oel ngati kameie!

I don't know where to turn, as my future is clouded.  The future is a haze, as my path is unclear.  Will my loyalty stick with my Terran race, or will it stick with the Na'vi?

Nyve

QuoteThanks so much Kaltxi for the book.  It's helping me out, but extremely slowly.  Guess that's what happens when people have a load more work then they can handle.  (Webpage Design, Video Production, High School, etc.)
I know EXACTLY what you mean ;) I've got five languages more to learn, and I have hobby's to (I'm busy with some kind of on-line comic, Tale of a Pot, I like writing stories, playing computer games, drawing my own Pandoran beasts.. etc. etc.)
I'm looking forward to summer holiday, then I can focus a lot more on hobby's and learning Na'vi, instead of school. (I kinda did nothing the first part of the year >.< OUCH!)

Neytiri 4 ever ^^
(signature by BlazingsNL from DeviantArt)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Well, welcome, welcome--and it only gets easier (and more fun!) from here! Please share any Avatar art you do. We have loads of fans!
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Rolyu

Hey, do you think you could include the definitions of words we look for in the "word searches?" Cause I can find the words no problem, but it doesn't help me learn if I don't know the meaning of the word I'm circling.  Just a thought.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Originally I was just using the word searches to help build pattern recognition (train the eye/brain to recognize Na'vi words), and I was wondering if I should either do just that (give explanations of the words), or have blank spaces where YOU write what the word means.

Of course I could get evil ("being evil is fun!" :) ) and just write in the "ìnglìsi word descriptions" and a blank space, for the Na'vi word you are looking for, and if I were "evil-lite" I might add the number of letters in the Na'vi word you need to find.

I still haven't recovered from the Windows crash. I am saving up for Quark or InDesign, so I can redo the activity book, and finish publsihing Alice in Wonderland (illustrated), and my new book on astrology.*

*Actually that is a lie (I hate lies). I am really spending all of my available money on LN and making KP! merch to raise money for LN. Once that is done--THEN I will start saving up to buy a layout program (Quark or InDesign) to replace the Quark I lost in the windows crash. So pleeeez save your pennies and buy a unique Kaltxì Palulukan tee shirt! Pleez!

Go Na'vi!  (RDA bad! Peaceful indigenous populations good!)

Eaite Randjam

So I guess it's safe to assume that no further revisions are being made to the activity book, and we shouldn't expect another activity book from you until you've gotten your personal business ventures taken care of?  It's nice to see that you actually have a life, unlike me.  *I'm just sitting here in my own little delusions....*

*I am not insane, I only act like I am.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Eaite Randjam on March 11, 2010, 11:44:01 PM
So I guess it's safe to assume that no further revisions are being made to the activity book, and we shouldn't expect another activity book from you until you've gotten your personal business ventures taken care of?  It's nice to see that you actually have a life, unlike me.  *I'm just sitting here in my own little delusions....*

Working on new cover. May update with small fixes, new sheets, possibly even expansion. These are not ruled out, but until I get a real layout program (InDesign or Quark), this particular project is on hold. I am working primarily on the podcast (editing first episode over the next few days) and an non-Avatar project (new divinations deck--17 years of work so far--hope to have it finished and published this year). So, unless somone at FOX wants more of this type of fun learning tool (e.g. if they think they can make some coin off of it) or until I get some massive feedback from Avatar fans that they really want this, it may just lay about, as it is: an "example" of what can be done.

Nìftxavang Sreu

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 12, 2010, 01:24:02 AM
Quote from: Eaite Randjam on March 11, 2010, 11:44:01 PM

Working on new cover. May update with small fixes, new sheets, possibly even expansion. These are not ruled out, but until I get a real layout program (InDesign or Quark), this particular project is on hold. I am working primarily on the podcast (editing first episode over the next few days) and an non-Avatar project (new divinations deck--17 years of work so far--hope to have it finished and published this year). So, unless somone at FOX wants more of this type of fun learning tool (e.g. if they think they can make some coin off of it) or until I get some massive feedback from Avatar fans that they really want this, it may just lay about, as it is: an "example" of what can be done.

No matter the case. I've loved having the book. It's really been helpfull and I would love to have an expanded or second edition to continue working with  :)

proud member of the NSFC!!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

New cover is out, and online. This is done by our resident genius artist Rolyu, so please consider giving her some karma brownies.

Rolyu

Ooh!  Exciting!  I'm going to go check it out now!

Txur’Itan

The wiki books page and Taronyu dicitonary is getting updates...  There are some new words for your Gingerbread anatomy page.  ;D
私は太った男だ。

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Txur'Itan on March 16, 2010, 04:07:46 PM
The wiki books page and Taronyu dicitonary is getting updates...  There are some new words for your Gingerbread anatomy page.  ;D
Oooh! I hope we get feet! (I need a layout program so I can revise the whole thing--went on Amazon last night--nothing is under $600--yeouch!!)

Tsteu'itan

Hi!

I wanted to say thanks for making this workbook.  The day I found it, (unfortunately only a couple of days ago) I printed it off and started working on it.  I'm not very far into it, as I've been using it between calls at the call-center I work at, but I'm enjoying it so much.  :D

One thing you might try doing in the future, though, is when you have things like the word searches, include a definition of the word in English beside it in the word list.  I know it helps to remember the word even if you don't know what it means, but I felt like it would have helped a lot more in the long run if we could start associating it with the Inglisi from the beginning.

Other then that, I'm in love with this.  I've printed off the dictionary, the alphabet, the old Na'vi pocket guide that seems to have been taken down now, and the new Na'vi guide and I'm making them all into a bound book from some tutorials I've used for making real, doll-sized bound books.  Once I'm done with that one, I'm going to go to the Workbook and make it it's own seperate book.  That way I can have them all nice and fancy and safe, and pocket sized, for when I'm at work.  :D

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Tsteu'itan

oh, lol, now I look like a skawng, because I now see that the word searches has already been mentioned.  D'oh!  XD

I do like how it teaches us word-style recognition, though.  I got to the point with the word searches where I will see one and be like "is that a word?"  *looks on the list*  "Oh snap, it is!  ;D"  so they do help quite a bit already.  I just like having the definition there.

That sucks about your computer, though.  :<  Maybe when you get some extra cash, you could get an external hard drive to keep the important things on just in case that happens.  :)  Though in the course of fixing it up, you might have already thought of that, so don't mind me if I'm beating a dead horse.