RENAMED: Website Users Manual

Started by überdoodlet, October 05, 2010, 08:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Check an option that best describes you, if any. Discuss in thread.

I could provide an idea or category for the handbook.
2 (5.1%)
I could provide advice or a tip to be included in the handbook
1 (2.6%)
I would benefit from an idea such as this.
33 (84.6%)
I have an idea/suggestion for the informational segment of the project. (list in thread!)
1 (2.6%)
I have an idea/suggestion for the physical format of the guide. (list!)
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Maria TunVrrtep

It's not language at all.  It's a kind of Survival Guide for the site here.  It's got stuff for all the newbies so they can get around on the web site and figure out where stuff is.
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Maria TunVrrtep

And we are FAR off from a cover.  I want to get the meat of the book done before we decide on cover artwork, but submit it and we'll look at it.
    Margaret Drabble

überdoodlet

Well, it better to have it than not. Any idea on how we can get the "meat" to get this rolling?

Maria TunVrrtep

It's going.  It's just going slow.  Mostly because I'm not getting submissions. 
I'm going to work on it during Christmas Vacation.  I only get one week off but I'm going to try to get as much of it as I can done.
ta TV
    Margaret Drabble

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

ill send something soon when i can.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

überdoodlet

That's what I thought.... Well, do what you can.  :)

Arantele

This may sound like a "newb" thing to say... BUT... the site has been here for over a year I believe... Since the language is so new, and still growing as a full language almost daily I think it would be beneficial to newbies such as myself to have users signatures explained..

Some of the users who have a lot of Na'vi in their signatures could put the english conversion somewhere in their signature. I know that personally I go through and read a lot of the signatures which users have created and then go to my books and try to translate them.. perhaps for the first year or so until the language really has grown into something more then it is now, it would benefit new users to be able to see the translation right in front of them..

Its kind of a catch 22 because if you really care about the language then you'll go and look things up and try to translate it on your own, however some will get frustrated by this and think its either too much for them, or just not care enough.. With the translation before them, they will be able to better understand the language, hopefully not get as frustrated about it and will "want" to stay..

its 1 am, I'm a bit tired.. But I've been thinking about this since I joined... Don't criticize to harshly... lol..

Maria TunVrrtep

Arantele,
I don't think it's a "newb" thing to say at all.  I think it's inquisitive and a great thought. 
Some people will put a tag on the signature to translate what they say.  It's called a Description tag.  It turns the text red.
You type desc="whatever you want to appear as the translation" inside a pair of []'s and when you hover your mouse over it
There will be a section on BBCodes in the handbook. 
Until everyone starts doing that, do what I do.  Send people a PM and ask what their Signature means. 
So you know, there are many different BBCode tags.  If you're interested in them, google BBCodes and you will find them.
ta TunVrrtep
    Margaret Drabble

Seze

Also, the site is not quite a year old yet.  It will have its first birthday on the 21st of this month.  I doubt you will get everyone to do the desc tag thing to their signatures though.  If you really want/need to know, just send them a PM, they're free :)

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Arantele

Understood!! as I said... I was sleepy and my logic was.... not all there :-)

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Arantele on December 11, 2010, 07:15:33 PM

At least you weren't drunk (*COUGH*taronyu*COUGH*)

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan on December 11, 2010, 07:43:48 PM

Leave Taronyu alone.  He's probably the only one who can drink me under the table.
    Margaret Drabble

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 12, 2010, 10:25:43 PM
Quote from: Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan on December 11, 2010, 07:43:48 PM

Leave Taronyu alone.  He's probably the only one who can drink me under the table.

I only mean that in good fun. ;)

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan on December 13, 2010, 07:40:08 AM
Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 12, 2010, 10:25:43 PM

I only mean that in good fun. ;)

LOL I knew that.  I was just kidding too.  Actually probably a lot of people can drink me under the table.  Though I can handle a lot of booze.  I've had me some practice you know.
    Margaret Drabble

Kekerusey

Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 12, 2010, 10:25:43 PMLeave Taronyu alone.  He's probably the only one who can drink me under the table.

Bet he doesn't drink real beer though!!!

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Kekerusey on December 13, 2010, 01:26:24 PM
Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 12, 2010, 10:25:43 PMLeave Taronyu alone.  He's probably the only one who can drink me under the table.

Keke

You don't know how badly I laughed at that...

Ok, I realize I'm not contributing to the topic at hand.  I should leave.

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Kekerusey on December 13, 2010, 01:26:24 PM
Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 12, 2010, 10:25:43 PMLeave Taronyu alone.  He's probably the only one who can drink me under the table.

Keke

HRH!  I'm confused!  Who would drink beer when there was single malt Scotch available?   :o  ???  ;D

NOTE:  Never play a drinking game with a 44 year old woman who grew up drinking a small scotch and water with her grandfather when he came in from work every night!  HEHEHE  ;D
    Margaret Drabble

überdoodlet

Off topic bomb?

Well, TV, how many replies have you been getting? Are they even constant? Are they enough to build anything upon?

Maria TunVrrtep

I've gotten stuff on the thread as suggestions, but only a couple of people have actually sent me anything. 

I really don't know what to do other than begging people to send stuff. 
    Margaret Drabble

Tirea Aean

Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 13, 2010, 08:37:04 PM
I've gotten stuff on the thread as suggestions, but only a couple of people have actually sent me anything. 

I really don't know what to do other than begging people to send stuff. 

well....what do you have so far? is it not enough whatsoever to release a beta of some sorts to a few people for review? it seems you are the only one who can currently look at it?