RENAMED: Website Users Manual

Started by überdoodlet, October 05, 2010, 08:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Check an option that best describes you, if any. Discuss in thread.

I could provide an idea or category for the handbook.
2 (5.1%)
I could provide advice or a tip to be included in the handbook
1 (2.6%)
I would benefit from an idea such as this.
33 (84.6%)
I have an idea/suggestion for the informational segment of the project. (list in thread!)
1 (2.6%)
I have an idea/suggestion for the physical format of the guide. (list!)
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

MIPP

Quote from: Makto ko! on December 30, 2010, 04:50:42 PM
Has anyone thought of including a section on subsidised or idiot-proof adapted documents to give new users a headstart on where to begin, and also include a full dictionary categorized into helpful sections i.e. 'Plants' or 'Body Parts' or such?

I believe it would be helpful to simplify NiaN and include it as an appendix to this document? And I also support (unsuprisingly) my idea to adapt the dictionary in such a way to make looking up words to include in sentences incredibly easier as you only have to have an idea of what category the word you want is it, then find an appropriate substitute!

Please feedback on these ideas, and thanks for the tag, ma [Tirea Aean] :),
- Ta Makto

i.e.
e.g.

It is important to know they mean different things.

On-topic:

What about a summary of the forum rules?
Na'vi for beginners | Dict-Na'vi.com

Hufwe lìng io pay, nìfnu slä nìlaw.
Loveless, Act IV.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: MIPP on January 01, 2011, 03:23:51 PM
Quote from: Makto ko! on December 30, 2010, 04:50:42 PM
Has anyone thought of including a section on subsidised or idiot-proof adapted documents to give new users a headstart on where to begin, and also include a full dictionary categorized into helpful sections i.e. 'Plants' or 'Body Parts' or such?

I believe it would be helpful to simplify NiaN and include it as an appendix to this document? And I also support (unsuprisingly) my idea to adapt the dictionary in such a way to make looking up words to include in sentences incredibly easier as you only have to have an idea of what category the word you want is it, then find an appropriate substitute!

Please feedback on these ideas, and thanks for the tag, ma [Tirea Aean] :),
- Ta Makto

i.e.
e.g.

It is important to know they mean different things.

On-topic:

What about a summary of the forum rules?

Id est
exempli gratia.

----
Yeah. or even a link to the actual thread, if it is already not there. http://forum.learnnavi.org/website-info/learnnavi-rules-and-policies-6770/

EDIT: after review of the document, the rules and regulations as found in the post i just linked is already included.

moohug4

Probably place some links to useful resources, and also give a brief description of each category, so we can minamize the need to move topics. ;)
If I spell something wrong, correct me!

Lolet

What exactly would the Do's and Don't's be? That's pretty much the only thing I don't get.  :P

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Lolet on January 09, 2011, 08:15:10 PM
What exactly would the Do's and Don't's be? That's pretty much the only thing I don't get.  :P

DO: Ask intriguing questions that have much relevance to the thread you are posting in.
DO: Provide insightful and helpful answers and/or links to such questions of others.
DO: Applaud with positive karma those people who posted something that you found very helpful

DO NOT: provide means of pirating the film or anything as far as the mod staff is concerned, eg torrents etc
DO NOT: troll and derail with bludgeoning random offtopic threatloaded posts even if they seem harmless to you
DO NOT: find a thread where the last post was like 7 months old and reply with something like "sran." or "mllte." or the like.

eh idk, maybe some stuff like that. but a lot of them would be a given. hopefully a list of the less obvious ones.

Lolet

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 09, 2011, 08:39:22 PM
Quote from: Lolet on January 09, 2011, 08:15:10 PM

DO: Ask intriguing questions that have much relevance to the thread you are posting in.
DO: Provide insightful and helpful answers and/or links to such questions of others.
DO: Applaud with positive karma those people who posted something that you found very helpful

DO NOT: provide means of pirating the film or anything as far as the mod staff is concerned, eg torrents etc
DO NOT: troll and derail with bludgeoning random offtopic threatloaded posts even if they seem harmless to you
DO NOT: find a thread where the last post was like 7 months old and reply with something like "sran." or "mllte." or the like.

eh idk, maybe some stuff like that. but a lot of them would be a given. hopefully a list of the less obvious ones.

Sounds reasonable.

Toruk Makto

Is anything happening on this project? Seems to have gotten a bit quiet.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Maria TunVrrtep

Hey everyone. 
Now that tax season is over, I'm going to try to get back to work on this little project. 
Sorry I fell off the face of the earth for a while there. 
ta TV
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")