Learning Na'vi Vocabulary: The Easy Way

Started by MuneTompaTaem, January 07, 2012, 11:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuneTompaTaem

Greetings! I'm Mune from the Tree of Souls, and I'm here informally, but I wish to bring something to your attention which may potentially be very useful.

I am currently making a Na'vi vocabulary flashcards section for a known language website [Memrise], and since the Tree of Souls knows, I thought I would inform you as well.

If you create a new account on the website, then you can begin quickly and easily learning Na'vi vocabulary. Here is the link;

http://www.memrise.com/courses/english/navi/
Also, check this sticlky thread: Na'vi Memrise Courses

http://www.memrise.com/set/10010096/lenavi/

I'm currently updating it at about the speed of 250 words per day. If you decide to give it a go, I'd love feedback, any errors you've found, or anything you want added in.

Thank you

Mune
Tree of Souls Moderator

Tsmuktengan

I just saw this topic (never saw before, for an unknown reason).

This website and way of learning vocabulary is just txantsanìtxan!!! This is exactly what I was missing to get to understand more Na'vi words. Irayo!

Kamean

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on February 10, 2012, 01:21:29 PM
I just saw this topic (never saw before, for an unknown reason).

This website and way of learning vocabulary is just txantsanìtxan!!! This is exactly what I was missing to get to understand more Na'vi words. Irayo!
Totally agree. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I just wanted to say this is REALLY great!  I am loving it!

nihilarian

This is amazing, just wanted to say thank you! :)  :D

Tirea Aean

Sorry for late. I LOVE Memrise and this list! :D

Actually, I was wondering a few things about this vocab list:

* Would it be at all possible to add part of speech data in, since the field exists but is blank for every word?
* It only has 1000 words. it looks like it hasn't been updated after half of the K's. Will this continue to be updated? How can it be updated? I assume only by OP, the one who created it.

Tirea Aean

As I have just now said on TreeOfSouls:

Quote from: TireaAeanI have been in constant email contact with one of the Memrise team members over the last two days and I am now a Curator of the Na'vi topic on Memrise. This means I can now edit this list and add parts of speech and add more words to it! Updates on the way as I get to work on it tonight.

Tirea Aean

UPDATE: As a curator for the Na'vi topic on Memrise I have made loads of edits to that list as well have extended it vastly and included mnemonics, pictures, and etymologies. I have also added part of speech for EVERY single word. Happy Memrise!

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 29, 2012, 10:19:34 PM
UPDATE: As a curator for the Na'vi topic on Memrise I have made loads of edits to that list as well have extended it vastly and included mnemonics, pictures, and etymologies. I have also added part of speech for EVERY single word. Happy Memrise!

Thank you so much! This is fanastic! :)  :D

Tirea Aean

Blue Elf

It looks well! But they have some problem at this time - I can't create account. Will try later.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Blue Elf on November 14, 2012, 01:13:42 AM
It looks well! But they have some problem at this time - I can't create account. Will try later.

What does it say for an error message? Also, the Memrise support is very good. Try sending an email to Ben ( [email protected] )

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 14, 2012, 06:02:09 AM
Quote from: Blue Elf on November 14, 2012, 01:13:42 AM

What does it say for an error message? Also, the Memrise support is very good. Try sending an email to Ben ( [email protected] )
It works now. Even more amusing than vrrtepcli!

Tirea Aean

d'awwww :) You think vrrtepcli is amusing :')

yeah Memrise is epic.

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 14, 2012, 02:44:32 PM
d'awwww :) You think vrrtepcli is amusing :')

yeah Memrise is epic.
Memrise is only as good as the content within it mate.
THAT MEANS YOUR THE ONE WHO IS EPIC!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Blue Elf

One problem found during today's planting....
In one of words set is placed kuma and akum, and of course both have the same meaning "that  (as a result)". But when memrise asks for written input for this definition, how one can know if he is expected to write kuma or akum? I was wrong twice because of this. I propose to separate these two words into different sets

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Blue Elf on November 22, 2012, 02:45:33 PM
In one of words set is placed kuma and akum, and of course both have the same meaning "that  (as a result)". But when memrise asks for written input for this definition, how one can know if he is expected to write kuma or akum? I was wrong twice because of this. I propose to separate these two words into different sets

I will go in there tonight and set synonyms as equal. Thanks for mentioning :-)

Palulukan Maktoyu

that (as a result): ["kum.a] PF conj. kuma (derived
from kum result) this form precedes
the result, I.E. 'Lu poe sevin nìftxan kuma
yawne slolu oer' (She was so beautiful that I
fell in love with her.); see also 'akum'

that (as a result): [a."kum] PF conj. akum (derived
from kum result) this form follows
the result, I.E. 'Poe yawne slolu oer akum,
nìftxan lu sevin' (She was so beautiful that I
fell in love with her.); see also 'kuma'

i guess the difference is in what memrise offers beyond "AS A RESULT "
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 22, 2012, 02:56:35 PM
Quote from: Blue Elf on November 22, 2012, 02:45:33 PM

I will go in there tonight and set synonyms as equal. Thanks for mentioning :-)
another such problem with fìtseng/fìtsenge

Tirea Aean

Sorry I forgot about this... please keep adding synonym words here and I will take care of them whenever I'm able.