Mega Na'vi Booklet

Started by Tstewa Ikrantsyìp, July 31, 2014, 12:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

Kaltxì ma blue elf

well all the projects seem to be melting together to be honest.

there are people who are working on a new activity book, and that will hopefully then be connected to "Na'vi Text-book" which is what the book is going to be, instead of just a normal book like I began with. (to look at the text-book ideas, look through the prvious conversation)

and then Tirea Aean and Tìtsewan are working on a grammar book that includes several chapters that are going to be included in the Na'vi Text-book" so two of the other large projects will hopefully successfully Join the "Na'vi Text-Book" project and I'm willing to help in any way i can with any other subjects.

I would love some more help with this project, I just need people to collect pdf files, pictures, documents any information that might be important or included in any of the chapters that is on the list (also shown in previous conversation) if you know anything that fits into any of those categories, just link a file and I'll download and add to the pile.
Irayo

- ta Ney'ite
Mega - Na'vi - Booklet - Project (One Book to Rule Them All)
Unofficial Na'vi survey
Na'vi - Sign - Language - Project

Na'vi - Language - Book - Project

Tirea Aean

From what you've said in our conversations, ma Ney'ite, You more than likely already have downloaded all our community has to offer.

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

I have a tonne of things I'll admit, but i have this feeling I'm missing more than what i already have assembled. Plus, you know the old saying, "better safe than sorry"

"rather feed the thanator than leave it hungry"

I just want to errr on the side of caution, I want to do this right.
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tìtstewan

Quote from: LBI on August 14, 2014, 09:07:46 PM
there are people who are working on a new activity book, and that will hopefully then be connected to "Na'vi Text-book" which is what the book is going to be, instead of just a normal book like I began with. (to look at the text-book ideas, look through the prvious conversation)
-->
Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 13, 2014, 07:20:25 AM
There was a little discussion in the "Join the Na'vi Book Project" thread. I thought about it and I have already let create a necessay workspace for a new activity/work book as that stuff has something to do with the other two planned books and we have someone in who learned na'vi by that activity book in the past.
In other words, there is a place already where we will create such an activity book...

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

Unofficial Na'vi survey

Plumps

Quote from: LBI on August 14, 2014, 10:21:25 PM
"rather feed the thanator than leave it hungry"

??? sweylu (fwa) pa(lu)lukanur yomtolìng tup var (tsar/por) 'eykivefu ohakx ???

Fìlì'fyavi suneiu oer nìtxan! :D Sweylu kxawm txo ngal mivok tsat K. Pawlur.
I love that! :D Maybe you should suggest that to K. Pawl.

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

why don't you plumps, I reckon it'd be fun
with my best wishes
I'm not looking for credit.
it was just something I came up with.

Have fun with it.

Ta Ney'ite

??? sweylu (fwa) pa(lu)lukanur yomtolìng tup var (tsar/por) 'eykivefu ohakx ???

Fìlì'fyavi suneiu oer nìtxan! :D Sweylu kxawm txo ngal mivok tsat K. Pawlur.
I love that! :D Maybe you should suggest that to K. Pawl.

[/quote]
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

Kaltxi
ma soaia, ma 'eylan, ma stmukan, ma tsmuke
Oel ngati kameie
Ngaru lu fpom srak
These last few days, with the help of friends and family in the this wonderful Na'vi community, I have been able to begin the earliest stages of bringing together the "Na'vi Text-book"
I've downloaded some more materials, talked with some older wiser and also newer Na'vi, and I have begun to bring together some of the smaller parts of the book. This includes, the credits list, the introduction, the title page, and the chapter contents index page.
I want to say I'm very excited about the project and given another year or so, we should be able to start bringing in the major parts of the book which includes chapters, activities, and other important items.
I want to thank everyone whos been so helpful and supportive of this project. Tirea Aean, 'ite, Tìtsewan plumps and all the rest who have helped and supported.
I just wanted to say I'm so happy to finally get this project off the ground. And thanking everyone who's making it possible. I'm so EXCITED!!

and the quest continues.... *triumphant usic*

Irayo ma soaia
Ney'ite
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

ok. if this works... I'll have added the second attempt at the Na'vi textbook cover.

ignore the title, because I'm hoping to translate the title into Na'vi, depending on everyone's opinion.

I'm also thinking of changing the name of the text-book as well. if anyone has ideas just post on the forum.

the only ideas I have are: (the title of course will be translated)

Na'vi text-book
Na'vi knowledge
know the Na'vi

(you get the idea, something with Na'vi in it.) :P

anyway tell me what you guys think.
it can always be changed.

p.s
im thinking no names on the front maybe
irayo
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

as i put together some of the chapters i notice some are relatively small.
curious about commentary perhaps from more experienced Na'vi for each subject, to elp learners along...
ideas, responses, reviews ma soaia....?

Ney'ite
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tirea Aean

Kaltxì ma Tstewa Ikrantsyìp! :)

Some things just don't take much time to introduce or talk about, I guess. It might be a good idea to not complicate things or make things longer or more complex than they need to be, just for the sake of making the document larger. Sometimes, small chapters could be thought of as sections of a larger chapter. Not always though.

How's it going?

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

Kaltxì ma tsmukan

it's a lot harder and challenging than i initially thought it would be.
of- ourse we know that i've been working on a chapter index, and the kinds of topics that fit those topics and chapter index's
but it's a lot harder to work through all of my materials that i have/still going to collect/ed and put them into those categories.

one thing i find hardest, is most of the material seems to blend into 3 or 4 different categories where i try to seperate them.

I'm thinking the categories and subjects need to be more widely varied.... not sure. is very hard to figure out at the best of times..
plus i keep running out of time just when i thought i could work on it..
home work
exams
family troubles

the whole shebang.

but it's alot of fun, and i'm glad that i got a chance to do this..
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

Oh my Eywa!!!

I just realised what a HUGE undertaking this project is. sheesh! crackers and cheese!
I thought i had effectively listed everything I could think of to put into the tet-book. I've recently realised, I'm not even close. I feel like such a...... skxawng

there's flora, fauna, music, instruments, personal life, rights of passage, animals, eywa! the moon itself, science of it. eerrggh!!!! culture, tradition, hunting, gender related roles, there's soo much!!!

very fun, but so much work!!! I'm learning alot as i go along.
I don't think I've ever worked so hard on something I've enjoyed this much my entire life. But maybe that's because I'm sooo super lazy. HRH

anyone have any ideas of any other major or minor subjects I might hav forgotten to put on the list to research???

ta Ney'ite
Unofficial Na'vi survey

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

How about concept expression, such is how do you express that you are worried?, unsure?, happy?, etc. That doesn't nestly fit into any of the categories you have mentioned above.

You also for got foof and food preparation.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

Ok. I'll add those to the list of chapters to research.
I'll admit I was a bit disgruntled that I haven't had as much progress as i wanted over te past few weeks, but at least I'm making progress.

I'm going to upload the chapters index and what I have so far, and if I'm missing anything just tell me and I will fix or add or whatever. (keep in mind the chapters aren't in order and can be changed)  Also in the next few weeks I'll be uploading the rough drafts for chapter beginnings, feel free to tell me what needs fixing :)

btw thank-you for the advice.

ta Ney'ite
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Blue Elf

According content it looks more like book about Na'vi as people than book about Na'vi as language (what I thought was initial idea). Now this book looks to be closer to ASG, but nothing wrong - more correct ASG would be useful too.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

it will include the language.
everything i could get on the Na'vi language. all theory and ideas, projects everything.
I wanted it to be a text-book that contained everything humanly possible to have to learn about Na'vi
I've realised lately that my definition of 'everything' was very short-sighted. so now i am trying to include EVERYTHING.
:) i'm still hoping to make it into a huge text-book.
the thing is right now i have no activities, not yet, and im so greatful for the people creating them.
i don't have activites right now, so i dont know what to put down for activities. plusthe fact that tirea and Tìstewan are creating a crazy amazing project themselves that they will hopefully give me permission to utilisetheir wonderful work...
theres still so much to go in. but just know im trying to include everything we know.
im also happpy to change things around oif adviced.

:) so, your opinions...?

ta Ney'ite
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tìtstewan

I think, you want to create something like this:

Right?

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

YES
with every single tiny piece of information possible of gathering and brining to one spot.
but i want that book right there ^^^
in text-book form
with activities
quizzes
questions
flash-cards
fun facts
pictures
games

like that of a real text-book.... just including.. more
Unofficial Na'vi survey

archaic

Strategies to deal with seasonal changes, natural disasters?
The Na'vi perspective on the aliens who showed up, the RDA, mining, Sec Ops, the scientist and their activities?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.