Na'vi in a Nutshell

Started by NeotrekkerZ, February 17, 2010, 09:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeotrekkerZ

Thanks for pointing out the error.  I've decided to wait on the latest update until K. Pawl gives us the rest of the weather information, as I think there could be some interesting grammatical stuff. 
Rìk oe lu hufwemì, nìn fya'ot a oe tswayon!

NeotrekkerZ

Version 2.8:  Added few to adpositions, added txanatan to 6.1.1.  Created LN 5.4, 5.5 Should, 10.3 Fractions (and amended the ToC).  Modified 9.2 to account for weather.  Added info to 5.3.  Updated 8.1.3, 8.1.4 and epilogue.
Rìk oe lu hufwemì, nìn fya'ot a oe tswayon!

Toruk Makto

I haven't forgotten about getting this into the downloads section of the main site. Just haven't had the laptop on net today. Will get to it ASAP.

ta Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

MIPP

When I try to download it, I get a message telling me "Interrupted". Anyone else has this problem?
Na'vi for beginners | Dict-Na'vi.com

Hufwe lìng io pay, nìfnu slä nìlaw.
Loveless, Act IV.

Kamean

Me too, it happened, but it's been a long time. It lasted only one day, so I'm not talking about it.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Toruk Makto

If it happens once in a great while, that is probably a network issue somewhere in the wild. If it happens a lot, then it is probably a server problem. This is first I have heard. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Lisa

Quote from: Markì on June 12, 2011, 05:04:53 PM
If it happens once in a great while, that is probably a network issue somewhere in the wild. If it happens a lot, then it is probably a server problem. This is first I have heard. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I just downloaded v2.8, and had no problems at all.  :)
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

'Oma Tirea

Now that I have found v. 2.8 of this puk(tsyìp) I can give a tiny bit of feedback:

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

MIPP

I still could not download it, so I had to download it from the homepage.
Na'vi for beginners | Dict-Na'vi.com

Hufwe lìng io pay, nìfnu slä nìlaw.
Loveless, Act IV.

Ningey

Kaltxì!

As it seems, a mistake has found its way into NiaN.
When comparing Horen Lì'fyayä leNa'vi with NiaN, there is a discrepancy as far as the onset of a syllable is concerned. The former explicitly states that any consonant is permissible as the onset of a syllable (if present), whereas NiaN limits the number of consonants available.
By my reckoning the version in HLl would be correct, because otherwise such words as yerik wouldn't be allowed.

Could you please correct that?

Irayo in advance.

Ningey

EDIT: Oops - sorry, just realized that I've misread that section... :-[
Hìtxoa for this false alert... :-X

"Sawtute ke tsun nivume - fo ke kerame!"
-- Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"There are two things that are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe. However, I'm not yet sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

"He who gives up freedom for security deserves neither and loses both."
-- Benjamin Franklin

'Oma Tirea

Tse, if NiaN were ever to get updated again (new grammar stuff, new subordinates, etc.), it might not be "in a nutshell" anymore ;D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Seze Mune

↑ HRH!  Quite true.  It might have to be in a ...... nut  case?  :P

Tirea Aean

It kinda is because of what Horen leNa'vi is. for as long as that document is more thorough, this document will be in a nutshell ;D

Taronyu Leleioae

For the next update...

I found a minor error (an omission) for Modal Verbs section 5.3 (p11).  It explains that there are eight modal verbs.  However "ftang to stop"  was not listed.  Thus that makes nine...  (And in the reverse, the new Prezi #8 has sngä'i missing on the slide.)

I verified with Tirea last night:
Quotetsun, new, fmi, zene, zenke, kan, var, ftang, AND sngä'i are ALL modals.

Edits in...  Adds modal verbs tso, may', and nulnew to missing list.   That makes twelve...

Tirea Aean

On page 14, above 5.5, ayoengìl should be ayoengal.

Ataeghane

Peyä tìrusol lu lor - this is not correct. The only way to express this is: lor lu fwa po rol.

Oer wivìntxu ngal oey keyeyt krr a tse'a sat. Frakrr.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Ataeghane on October 19, 2012, 04:41:59 PM
Peyä tìrusol lu lor - this is not correct. The only way to express this is: lor lu fwa po rol.

It's correct. It is literally every bit as correct as Peyä ikran lu lor.

Edit: lor lu fwa po rol is also correct and means something different.

Ataeghane

Did I go mental believing I did read it somewhere, that gerunds (tì--us-) cannot go with Genitive case?

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Ataeghane on October 19, 2012, 04:51:17 PM
Did I go mental believing I did read it somewhere, that gerunds (tì--us-) cannot go with Genitive case?

I don't remember reading that. I do remember reading that gerunds may not take direct objects and this must be escaped with the fwa construction you mentioned.

EDIT: Gerunds are just verbs that have been converted into (or are treated as, if you will) an abstract noun. Abstract nouns cannot take objects like a verb can.  it just functions like a regular noun in a sentence.

Ataeghane

Well, you have just decomposed my whole world-view. Thank you.