Na'vi in a Nutshell

Started by NeotrekkerZ, February 17, 2010, 09:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesireatu

Kaltxi frapo!  ;)
Oel kameie ayngati! Just a small question about 'Na'vi in a nutshell'.. Under 1.1 Vowels it says: Tip: Think of ay, ew, ey, ll, and rr as single entities even though they are composed with two letters.

But, shouldn't 'aw' also be included there? If not, why?  ??? Eywa ayngahu Il Sogno Viandante (The Dreamwalker in Italian)
Varför minns jag alla dåliga vitsar, men glömmer alla infix i Na'vi?? ???
Why do I remember all bad jokes, but forget all the infixes in Na'vi?? :-[

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!
Nga yawne lu oer, Sara L!!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Il Sogno Viandante on May 27, 2013, 04:14:51 AM
Kaltxi frapo!  ;)
Oel kameie ayngati! Just a small question about 'Na'vi in a nutshell'.. Under 1.1 Vowels it says: Tip: Think of ay, ew, ey, ll, and rr as single entities even though they are composed with two letters.

But, shouldn't 'aw' also be included there? If not, why?  ??? Eywa ayngahu Il Sogno Viandante (The Dreamwalker in Italian)

I think you're right. It should be there. I never noticed that it wasn't. O.o

Mesireatu

Kaltxì ma Tirea Aean!
Oel kame ngati! Irayo! I've just began to learn Na'vi and I began read NiaN yesterday. Eywa ngahu Il Sogno Viandante/Lottie

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Il Sogno Viandante on May 27, 2013, 12:46:19 PM
Kaltxì ma Tirea Aean!
Oel kame ngati! Irayo! I've just began to learn Na'vi and I began read NiaN yesterday. Eywa ngahu Il Sogno Viandante/Lottie

Txantsan! :D

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tirea Aean on May 27, 2013, 12:46:57 PM
Quote from: Il Sogno Viandante on May 27, 2013, 12:46:19 PM
Kaltxì ma Tirea Aean!

Txantsan! :D

Indeed.  Good catch.

Mesireatu

Kaltxì metutan!
Oel kame mengati! Irayo! Txantsan - ìri peral? Eywa mengahu!

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Il Sogno Viandante on May 28, 2013, 01:42:55 PM
Kaltxì ma mesutan!
Oel kame mengati! Irayo! Txantsan-ìri peral? Eywa mengahu!

txantsan is in the dictionary, it means excellent, or awesome, or something like that. :) Think of it as kind of a combination of nìtxan (very) and sìltsan (good)

Mesireatu

Scusi! I should have thought of the lention "rule".. No hard feelings, I hope.. After all, I'm a beginner/newcomer in Na'vi..

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Il Sogno Viandante on May 28, 2013, 03:25:41 PM
Scusi! I should have thought of the lention "rule".. No hard feelings, I hope.. After all, I'm a beginner/newcomer in Na'vi..

No hard feelings at all. :) I understand you are still getting started. Actually, forgetting lenition happens to many people, even after a little while. Soon enough it will become natural. Same with cases. ;D

So back to original topic, is there anything to report about the Na'vi in a Nutshell guide?

Ftiafpi

Last I knew we were waiting to hear back from the original author but I guess that isn't likely. It would be nice if we could get the original document and make it a community project.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Ftiafpi on May 28, 2013, 04:13:37 PM
Last I knew we were waiting to hear back from the original author but I guess that isn't likely. It would be nice if we could get the original document and make it a community project.

I've established contact with NeotrekkerZ and a small squad and I have made a deal with him. I've already been on exactly this for about a week or two. If you wanna join us in our quest to basically rewrite NiaN, talk to Taronyu Leleioae.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tirea Aean on May 28, 2013, 04:36:10 PM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on May 28, 2013, 04:13:37 PM

I've established contact with NeotrekkerZ and a small squad and I have made a deal with him. I've already been on exactly this for about a week or two. If you wanna join us in our quest to basically rewrite NiaN, talk to Taronyu Leleioae.

I'd love to help.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I'm willing to help, as well, as time permits.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Mesireatu

Kaltxì ma frapo!
Oel kameie ayngati! How far have you compleated the new NiaN? Is it much that needs a change? Or is it just minor changes/problems? Keep up the good work! Kìyevame ulte Eywa ayngahu

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!

Taronyu Leleioae

Rather than rush a few quick fixes to create v2.9, we are hoping to do a thorough and well earned makeover on NiaN.  NeotrekkerZ (author) came up with a great learning tool.  But as the language has developed and changed, NiaN now needs to catch up to reflect this.  Thus lengthy discussion and listing of issues are ongoing, chapter by chapter by a team of 5.  And we appreciate NeotrekkerZ allowing us this opportunity to help!

Realistically, to do this properly, it's going to take many months.  Then we will submit our recommended changes to NeotrekkerZ who can review what we've done for approval and release.  Our opinion is that, since we are in a lull of new members between films, better to do this right so that it is really ready for the next "wave" of interest.  It will still keep the focus of being a "Nutshell" (an introduction) rather than a comprehensive guide.  But, as the language has expanded, NiaN v3.0 may "grow" a little too into a bigger nutshell. 

I won't speak for the others, but I think Spring 2014 will hopefully be the approximate release date.

Mesireatu

Kaltxì! Oki, irayo! Eywa ngahu

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!

Tirea Aean

Hey TL did you ever get the copy? I can't remember. What's progress been like? No hurries no worries.

Taronyu Leleioae

Yes, you forwarded it to me right before you went on walkabout...  Irayo!
Plus I have the comments document backed up locally, just for archive protection.

Edit...

(Note to self as reminder to add this in NiaN regarding questions topic...)

Added...

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on July 19, 2013, 01:34:52 PM
Yes, you forwarded it to me right before you went on walkabout...  Irayo!
Plus I have the comments document backed up locally, just for archive protection.

Edit...

(Note to self as reminder to add this in NiaN regarding questions topic...)

Added...

OOOOoo how's the updating going on this. ?

Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Taronyu Leleioae

Slow and steady.  :)

Seems to be on track for a (later) spring 2014 release. 
We don't want to burn out trying to rush this.
Currently working on refining the new outline (table of contents).
Waiting for input from part of the revision team...