Na'vi in a Nutshell

Started by NeotrekkerZ, February 17, 2010, 09:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saekwari

Today I attempted to download and print this document, only to find that all of the portions that are actually full of learning content print as small boxes...

Do I have a corrupted copy and ought I just try again? Or is this a known issue with the .pdf?

archaic

Working just fine for me here, do you have the font Papyrus installed on your PC?
Is there a printer font missing?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Saekwari on December 18, 2013, 03:09:52 PM
Today I attempted to download and print this document, only to find that all of the portions that are actually full of learning content print as small boxes...

Do I have a corrupted copy and ought I just try again? Or is this a known issue with the .pdf?

I assume you got the English version? I just checked and it is okay on this end. Try downloading again and see what you get.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Saekwari

Quote from: archaic on December 18, 2013, 03:20:33 PM
Working just fine for me here, do you have the font Papyrus installed on your PC?
Is there a printer font missing?

It appears on my computer just fine, however it's always possible the printer itself doesn't have the font. Basically it printed everything that was normal Papyrus, or bolded Garamond but anything in normal Garamond printed in a variety of small boxes.

I wanted to print it here at school because I still have plenty of money left in my printing charge account and it's the end of the semester, too.

Toruk Makto

You know, I have seen the Adobe Acrobat .pdf reader plugin fail horribly, where the stand alone reader does just fine. Are you trying to print from the browser .pdf plugin?

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Toruk Makto on December 18, 2013, 04:48:39 PM
You know, I have seen the Adobe Acrobat .pdf reader plugin fail horribly, where the stand alone reader does just fine. Are you trying to print from the browser .pdf plugin?

ninja'd by Toruk Makto.  Was going to suggest the same thing. Right click on the document and ask the computer to open it with just Adobe Reader.  I've experienced the same problem when Adobe Suite is installed on certain computers.

It's possible that the IT admins installed that printer with the minimal default print driver that needs to be updated, but I would do the above first.  And make sure it's Adobe Reader you are printing from.

Saekwari

After switching to another printer and ensuring I downloaded it first, it worked! Thank you very much!

Toruk Makto

EGGcellent!

Now the learning can begin!   :)