Na'vi language lesson podcast

Started by omängum fra'uti, May 09, 2010, 02:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Tiaothi

Irayo! Awesome stuff, I'll have something to listen to while running wiring today (other than the ramblings of my skxawng workmate). :)

"Of everything I've lost, I miss my mind the most"

Säfpìltu

I really love these. Got them on my phone, and I listen to them all the time. From how I see it, they're not rushed too much at all. If you feel rushed, just take a deep breath, complete the lesson, rewind and repeat. New words, subtle nuances, even trhe <iv> infix, all add up once you repeat enough.

Two things:
1: Is it just my hearing, or do ts sometimes get a bit drowned at the end of words? Like how in English, often words like grit can get pronounced almost like gri'. I'm trying to get the hang of cases more properly, but sometimes I feel that words I thought should en in a t doesn't.

2: We're nearing a year since the last podcast now. Will there be more? Because they'er truly some of the most helpful resources I've come across yet.
Säfpìltu te Na'rìng Meuiaeywayä'itan.

omängum fra'uti

My most humble apologies for this sort of dying out.  When I first started, I just sort of winged it with the lessons, and that got them out quick, but I wasn't happy with the results.  So I rerecorded them and it came out better, but it is a lot more work.  And I was getting frustrated with the background noise of my microphone.

However now I have a shiny new decent quality podcast microphone, so expect at least one more lesson to justify my purchase. :)  And hopefully more to come.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Eyawng te Klltepayu

Wou, nang! Best news of the day so far!  :D
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

Puvomun

Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

omängum fra'uti

First new lesson up!

Also, looking to add a little Q&A to coming lessons, so if you have any questions about any topics I've covered already, feel free to post them here!

Puvomun

And I love it. Already heard it and dropped you a comment on Podomatic. :-)
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Säfpìltu

Awesome. Will listen to it for hours tomorrow. Will make strange sounds that fellow bus passengers won't understand.

Seseni

Thank you for making a new lesson, these help me immensely with my pronunciation. I look forward to more!

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Ean Hufwetulyu

Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Säfpìltu

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 27, 2011, 09:41:39 PM
My most humble apologies for this sort of dying out.  When I first started, I just sort of winged it with the lessons, and that got them out quick, but I wasn't happy with the results.  So I rerecorded them and it came out better, but it is a lot more work.  And I was getting frustrated with the background noise of my microphone.

However now I have a shiny new decent quality podcast microphone, so expect at least one more lesson to justify my purchase. :)  And hopefully more to come.
I've been listening to it a couple of times now, and it's still really great. The sound quality has gotten much better, but that's really not the important thing. Having spoken resources such as this one truly adds to the learning experience. I find myself going back and listening to your sentences niNa'vi over and over again, because the flow is so great. I still speak really staccato, but this really helps.

Also, I don't know wether or not it's something you've put a lot of thought into, or if you've got it down through instinct, but there's a progression in your lessons that works exquisitly well. Constantly adding new vocabulary, gradually explaining and expanding the understanding of how it's built up and the frequent sentences, all works!

omängum fra'uti

New lesson posted.

Quote from: Säfpìltu on March 30, 2011, 01:28:43 AM
I've been listening to it a couple of times now, and it's still really great. The sound quality has gotten much better, but that's really not the important thing. Having spoken resources such as this one truly adds to the learning experience. I find myself going back and listening to your sentences niNa'vi over and over again, because the flow is so great. I still speak really staccato, but this really helps.

Also, I don't know wether or not it's something you've put a lot of thought into, or if you've got it down through instinct, but there's a progression in your lessons that works exquisitly well. Constantly adding new vocabulary, gradually explaining and expanding the understanding of how it's built up and the frequent sentences, all works!
Thanks for the kind words.  I've tried to put some thought into the lessons, so I keep building up and only using what has already been introduced.  But a lot of it I am just playing by ear.  I'd like to say I had some master plan, but usually I don't have an idea what I'm doing more than one lesson out.

Ryceve Vrrtep'itan

Hi, excuse me

I just subscribed to the podcasts but i can only listen to the last lesson, how can i download the other podcasts?

omängum fra'uti

If you go to navilessons.podomatic.com, there should be links to download each lesson as mp3s. The firdt post in this thread also has download links,  but it skips the pronunciation lesson and April fool's joke lesson.

Nongyu te Syulang Swokioang'itan

can someone tell me how to get the podcasts into my iPhone 3Gs with iOS 5.0.1? My computer is Win 7. I've tried some different methodes, but none seems to  work... :(
I'd really like to have them on my phone: I'd listen to them while I'm asleep. :) Not sure if it works though... But it'd be fun to try!
In the unwieldy situation of knowing way more grammar than vocab

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Nantang tihusahaw on January 06, 2012, 05:31:39 PM
can someone tell me how to get the podcasts into my iPhone 3Gs with iOS 5.0.1? My computer is Win 7. I've tried some different methodes, but none seems to  work... :(
I'd really like to have them on my phone: I'd listen to them while I'm asleep. :) Not sure if it works though... But it'd be fun to try!

Go to http://navilessons.podomatic.com, and Press

Then sync your iPhone.

BAM.

It didn't work :( I must have done something wrong in setup or something...

Tirea Aean

pushing the subscribe with itunes button while itunes is open should cause itunes to dowload the podcast to your library inside the Podcasts section. then sync your phone. you have to have syncing of podcasts enabled on itunes for your iphone.

OK, got it! aykrr irayo ma Tirea!

By the way, how do I use the "add word description" funktion?