Have anyone Na'vi activity books ?

Started by marcin1509, May 02, 2014, 12:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcin1509

Hello !
Have anyone Na'vi activity books created by Kaltxì Palulukan ?
Can you upload it somewhere ? I can't download it, because link is not active.
Regards,
marcin1509

Blue Elf

Inactive link? where?
link in this message works well for me. This is new version of the works book, if you are interested also in old version, try this link (I hope it's correct).
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte'!

It should be here, but I see that I get a 404 error.

I believe this is the original thread of the author of the activity book:
Easy way to learn Na'vi activity book!

But the file are a bit old (form 2011).

Ninja'd! ;D

---
EDIT:
Quote from: Blue Elf on May 02, 2014, 01:04:35 PM
try this link (I hope it's correct).
Aww chapta... but there is a file. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Tìtstewan on May 02, 2014, 01:04:55 PM
Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte'!

It should be here, but I see that I get a 404 error.

I believe this is the original thread of the author of the activity book:
Easy way to learn Na'vi activity book!

But the file are a bit old (form 2011).

Ninja'd! ;D

---
EDIT:
Quote from: Blue Elf on May 02, 2014, 01:04:35 PM
try this link (I hope it's correct).
Aww chapta... but there is a file. :)

The "Learn Na'vi Activity Book" and "Easiest Way to Learn Na'vi, Ever!; Vol. 1" books By Dusty White were withdrawn as supported resources at Paul Frommer's request, due to the inaccuracies in them. Neither book was ever vetted by Paul before being released, and they have apparently been abandoned by the author, given there have been no updates or additions in several years. It would be advisable to remove them from the list on the post stated above.

Also, please confirm with me on canon and supported resources before posting them as an authoritative index. Thanks.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

Thanks for this info!
I removed the links of that activity book from the Links to useful learning materials - II thread.

But what about Na'vi Linguistic Terminology? That file is from 26th Dec 2009 in version 1. :-\

EDIT:
Quote from: Toruk Makto on May 12, 2014, 10:51:00 AM
Also, please confirm with me on canon and supported resources before posting them as an authoritative index. Thanks.
That activity book were on the Media page of the LN main website as I wrote that thread back in August 2013 (If I remember me correct).

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Toruk Makto

Oh, right. I should have gotten with *you* on it then. My bad. The linguistic terminology doc is OK because that info is fairly static and still relevant.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Blue Elf

Quote from: Toruk Makto on May 13, 2014, 12:50:58 AM
Oh, right. I should have gotten with *you* on it then. My bad. The linguistic terminology doc is OK because that info is fairly static and still relevant.
... but not for beginners I'm afraid. I hope one day I'll write something simpler and easier to understand, but I'm afraid it will not be early :(

baritone

Quote from: Blue Elf on May 14, 2014, 02:00:41 PM
Quote from: Toruk Makto on May 13, 2014, 12:50:58 AM
... but not for beginners I'm afraid. I hope one day I'll write something simpler and easier to understand, but I'm afraid it will not be early :(
I find that "Crash course of linguistic terminology" is very useful for beginners. I started to translate it, and was shocked that it contains only the data of the language, which were known before the start of cooperation of Paul Frommer with the lerrnavi.org community.
Does anyone want to make the addition for this course?

Tìtstewan

Just btw, what's the current status of that Na'vi in a Nutshell? It was supposed to be "rewritten"? :-\

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tìtstewan on May 15, 2014, 06:37:26 AM
Just btw, what's the current status of that Na'vi in a Nutshell? It was supposed to be "rewritten"? :-\
IMHO it is under process of rewriting, but current status is not known...

Plumps

Quote from: baritone on May 15, 2014, 02:54:45 AMI find that "Crash course of linguistic terminology" is very useful for beginners. I started to translate it, and was shocked that it contains only the data of the language, which were known before the start of cooperation of Paul Frommer with the lerrnavi.org community.
Does anyone want to make the addition for this course?

Apart from the fact that Na'vi is constantly written *Na'Vi this document is still very useful and up-to-date as of this moment.
I could find only small things:
p. 2: I'm not comfortable with the explanation for the ejectives. We should stick to how Frommer explained it by "making a t-sound without breathing out and quickly add a vowel." (as heard in the "Sweet Nothings in Na'vi" video on YouTube)
p. 4: *Oe lrrtok should Oe lrrtok si
p. 5: *Oe-yä tìmuntxa should be Oe-yä muntxatu (otherwise the translation should be altered to 'my wedding')
        *Ayoeng-yä should be Ayoenge-yä
        *Amhul-l should be Amhul-ìl
p. 6: *tsteu should be tstew ... it should in fact be tìtstewnga' by now since tstew is for people only.
        "completed *past action" should be "completed action" (it's independent of tense) ... technically ‹er› and ‹ol› aren't tense at all but aspect infixes.
p. 7: IPA for ì is /ɪ/ and rr is //

Of course, it's the question of how much one wants to include. If we speak strictly of linguistic terminology, the examples of the infixes go too much into detail when they should just explain what infixes/affixes/pre- and suffixes are.

Further terms could be noun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition/adposition ... if one would want to start with the pure basics.

Otherwise, all terminology is correct as far as I can see in what is described and explained.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I have been ggiving serious thought to rewriting the 'crash course', and making it more useful and accessible to beginners. My biggest problem is finding the time. I bet though, I could have a first draft ready for critical review with a good weekend day of work.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

baritone

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on May 17, 2014, 01:48:36 PM
I have been ggiving serious thought to rewriting the 'crash course', and making it more useful and accessible to beginners. My biggest problem is finding the time. I bet though, I could have a first draft ready for critical review with a good weekend day of work.
I look forward with hope.