New prezi:
[prezi]98gloxewkru9[/prezi]
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Carborundum

Excellent work ma 'eylan!
A few comments:
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

Le'eylan

Quote from: Carborundum on January 07, 2011, 07:28:18 AM
Excellent work ma 'eylan!
A few comments:
Slide 5 (Furia and tsaria)
Nouns in the topical case should always appear as early in a clause as possible (http://forum.learnnavi.org/syntax-grammar/navi-linguistics-practicum-topicals-%28i%29/), so it would be preferable if the furia example was furia lì'fya atxantsan seiyi irayo oe, ma Pawl.

Slide 9 (a + lu)
In the second example, you are using non-adjacent subordination, which AFAWK only occurs in poetry. I suggest oel new hivawl syuvet a fì'ut alu 'em instead. This makes no sense to me. Can you explain a bit more?

It might also be a good idea to explain that the forms a fì'u, a tsa'u, etc are also possible.
Example rutxe :)

Thank you :D

Also Sxkxawng.. Still don't get this:

Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on January 03, 2011, 11:52:49 PM
Pìrezi amune, slides 20 sì 21: Suggested simplification: fko ALWAYS uses -ä for posession except in the case of a word ending in a, ä, e, ì, or i, in which case -yä is used, and for all pronouns listed above, -eyä is used. i don't get it  :-[
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Carborundum

Quote from: Le'eylan on January 07, 2011, 07:39:05 AM
Slide 9 (a + lu)
In the second example, you are using non-adjacent subordination, which AFAWK only occurs in poetry. I suggest oel new hivawl syuvet a fì'ut alu 'em instead. This makes no sense to me. Can you explain a bit more?
Well, my point was that since alu is a + lu, it must be attributed to a noun just like any other a clause. However, I looked into it some more and found this:
Quote from: Horen leNa'vi6.19.1.1. Alu may also be used conversationally to mark a restatement, like
"that is to say," or "in other words."
Txoa livu, yawne lu oer Sorewn... alu... ke tsun oeng muntxa slivu
Sorry, but I love Sorewn... in other words you and I cannot words, marry.
So I retract my previous statement. The example is fine as it is. :)
It might also be a good idea to explain that the forms a fì'u, a tsa'u, etc are also possible.
Tsun oe ngahu pivängkxo a fì'u oeru prrte' lu
It is a pleasure to be able to chat with you
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

Alìm Tsamsiyu

Tewti ma Le'eylan! I'm loving these new prezis!

I've only made my way through the first two so far - checking behind everyone else to see if I pick up on anything that looks odd.

I found one little error on Prezi #2, Slide 21 "Pronoun + Possession":

You have listed "Ayoe  ayoeyä / awngeyä"
Awngeyä comes from ayoengeyä, not ayoe, so this should be changed to just "Ayoe  ayoeyä" with the underlined part omitted or perhaps moved to its proper place, beside "Ayoeng  ayoengeyä"
Oeyä ayswizawri tswayon alìm ulte takuk nìngay.
My arrows fly far and strike true.

Le'eylan

Quote from: Alìm Tsamsiyu on January 07, 2011, 10:13:46 AM
I found one little error on Prezi #2, Slide 21 "Pronoun + Possession":

You have listed "Ayoe  ayoeyä / awngeyä"
Awngeyä comes from ayoengeyä, not ayoe, so this should be changed to just "Ayoe  ayoeyä" with the underlined part omitted or perhaps moved to its proper place, beside "Ayoeng  ayoengeyä"
Thanks!

Quote from: Carborundum on January 07, 2011, 07:53:32 AM
Tsun oe ngahu pivängkxo a fì'u oeru prrte' lu
It is a pleasure to be able to chat with you
Hmm yeah I see what you're saying. I don't know if it's best to put that in this prezi or in NP7...
=^● ⋏ ●^=

'Oma Tirea

Also Sxkxawng.. Still don't get this:

Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on January 03, 2011, 11:52:49 PM
Pìrezi amune, slides 20 sì 21: Suggested simplification: fko ALWAYS uses -ä for posession except in the case of a word ending in a, ä, e, ì, or i, in which case -yä is used, and for all pronouns listed above, -eyä is used. i don't get it  :-[

Ììììììììììì.... how to explain this...

Tse, here's what I suggested for NiaN:

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Le'eylan

Thanks, tslolam.
New prezi. I love that I made this, cause I actually hadn't planned to ::)
[prezi]9zd5ymhgln6c[/prezi]
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Eyawng te Klltepayu

These are without exception informative and useful. Irayo!
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

Tirea Aean

grrrrrrr

Why can't Android haz Flash?! :/

edit: now that i use a PC...

I saw this one earlier in the KS board. :) I agree with Eyawng. ;D

'Oma Tirea

This is almost as good as your old AWESOME A or boring lu prezi ;D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Tirea Aean

suggestions on Fwords prezi.

Oel omum futa nga lu oeyä 'eylan [fine how it is.]
Ngal tswa' tsata poru syaw fko Txewì srak? [not that the current example is TECHNICALLY wrong or anything, but i like this one, so your choice..]

Oeru sunu fwa oe 'erefu som. [fine how it is]
ke lu sìltsan tsawa meolo' tsam soli [the current example is easier/better said without the tsawa]

Fì'ul steyki oet! [current example can be said with fìioangìl of fìswiräl]
Tsal oet heykangham [fine how it is]

furia ngal ngolop lì'fyat atxatsan, irayo seiyi oe, ma Pawl [current example can be said with fìlì'fyari atxantsan...]
tsaria sänume a ye'rìn 'i'a, oe kllfro' [frommerian example rearranged, current example better said without topic]

Oel new fì'ut [fine how it is]
ke tsun oe tslivam tsat. [never use oel with tsun. it is not transitive. tslam is the transitive verb. two clauses: (oe ke tsun) and ( <oel> tslam tsat)]

oet steyki fula nga tsakem si nìlkeftxang. [current example said with just fì-nantangìl akawng]
oeti keftxo sleyku tsal a ke tsolun nga tslivam [meh. sketchyness. this suggestion has some Frommerian elements.]

;D

Le'eylan

So.... The thing is, I don't make prezis during the weeks when I have school. I don't know when the next one pops up, but it might take a while...
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Tirea Aean

Le'eylan :'(

so whats gonna happen to NgN?

use old prezis? I suspect it is posssible.. i guess we will just stick to the curriculum as much as possible while using prezis already available until the next one.

//offtopic: Le'eylan u gonna join me now on my last day? :'(

Le'eylan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 25, 2011, 08:12:19 AM
Le'eylan :'(

so whats gonna happen to NgN?

use old prezis? I suspect it is posssible.. i guess we will just stick to the curriculum as much as possible while using prezis already available until the next one.

//offtopic: Le'eylan u gonna join me now on my last day? :'(

You are not allowed to use sadfaces. NOT ALLOWED.
I just can't have the pressure every week that I have to make a prezi. I've got enough with school. :/
There will still be lessons, but I can't force myself to create the prezis.
I love making them,  but if I they become a must, I'll start to dislike them instead.
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Tirea Aean

understood. [insert sad face here]...

it's ok. I like your prezi lessons better when you enjoy making them. :)

Maweyatan

In the new prezi: NP4 - Verbs, I found a couple of mistakes ((or misleadings) with help from some of the students):

• On the tse'a slide (just personal preference): The "eye-lines" may need to go closer to the eyes to make complete sense.
  • On the next slide (toltem/tem) I found it misleading to use a picture from the movie, in which Neytiri NEVER tololtem peyä swizawfa. Maybe use the scene in which she kills Quaritch or before the Palulukan shows up to help.
  • On the slide for ke/rä'ä, you misspelled lrrtok in line 3 as "lrrok".
  • On the end-of-prezi Vocab list that you present, you place atokirina' separately from the other nouns. Seeing as atokirina', tìpom, fkxen, 'ìheyu, lrrtok, swizaw, fìtsenge are all nouns, they should be put together?
  • And...the final one: On the same Vocab list, you posted "tsaheylu si" under verbs, which would actually be "tsaheyl si".

I love these prezis, Le'eylan! I really do! :DDD (Although, I'm sorry I have to point out faults, but by learning them, you can make them even better! :D)

~Maweyatan

Kayrìlien

Quote from: Le'eylan on January 25, 2011, 08:27:01 AM
I just can't have the pressure every week that I have to make a prezi. I've got enough with school. :/
There will still be lessons, but I can't force myself to create the prezis.
I love making them,  but if I they become a must, I'll start to dislike them instead.

We understand completely; this is entirely the reason why I haven't made any Prezis of my own in a long while. It's a more time-consuming process than most people realize.

Don't get burned out, Jenny! We love every single one that you make!

Kayrìlien

Le'eylan

New prezi!
[prezi]mr86qyut2wih[/prezi]

EDIT: Updated NP4- Thanks Maweyatan
Updated  NP12
Finished NP13

Updated something in every prezi actually.. ^__^
=^● ⋏ ●^=