Teach2000

Started by Dennisdk, January 26, 2012, 03:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennisdk

Is there a way to put the DUTCH dictonary fast in teach2000 or something simliar?

Tirea Aean

I am not sure what teach2000 is. If it is able to import tsv or csv files, I can custom generate you some so that you can import the dictionary in.

Dennisdk

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 26, 2012, 03:40:22 PM
I am not sure what teach2000 is. If it is able to import tsv or csv files, I can custom generate you some so that you can import the dictionary in.
Search on google its hard to explain

Tirea Aean

Ah so all you need are files with the format of:

kaltxì = hello
irayo = thanks
lu = be; am; is; are

I can do that easily with a little bit of script fu. I can make it so that these files are constantly updated along with the dictionary if you'd like. Usually we around here use a program called jMemorize. I just finished updating all the files for that program on my website.

Dennisdk

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 26, 2012, 09:07:05 PM
Ah so all you need are files with the format of:

kaltxì = hello
irayo = thanks
lu = be; am; is; are

I can do that easily with a little bit of script fu. I can make it so that these files are constantly updated along with the dictionary if you'd like. Usually we around here use a program called jMemorize. I just finished updating all the files for that program on my website.
Dutch to?

Tirea Aean

yes, Dutch included as well as the other languages our database has. I will start this and get back to you when the files are ready

Tirea Aean

Teach2000 files have been generated and will continue.

The format is as seen here: http://www.teach2000.org/help.php?hl=english

The Teach2000 files based off most recent database are here:

http://tirea.skxawng.lul/source/Xt2k.txt

Replace X with:

de, eng, est, hu, nl, ptbr, sv

whichever is your language code (nl is Dutch)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Dogonnit! I wish this program had a screensaver mode, and worked on Linux or Android. The required file format is very close to what is required by the Virtual Teacher Screensaver program I use, and can be made to work with a couple search/replace commands.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tirea Aean

what do your files look like? I could generate the files you need too.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 29, 2012, 07:03:35 AM
what do your files look like? I could generate the files you need too.
You can look at a file here
http://forum.learnnavi.org/learning-resources/vocabulary-learning-screensaver/

and specifically here:
http://www.lionlamb.us/Navi_stuff/screensaver/Navi-English_basic_vocabulary.TXT

In general, I add part of speech, source when it is other than K. Pawl, and miscellaneous notes.

Certainly something to consider. The basic difference is the delineator between word and definition is three equal signs === instead of just one. This is the default in Virtual Teacher and can be set to whatever you want. In general though, the biggest task in keeping this list updated is shortening the definition to a format that is simple enough for the virtual Teacher Screensaver program.

Let me know what you think!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tirea Aean

Your file is  heck of a lot more thorough(which is cool!). It includes data from ALLL blocks(except flora/fauna). The .sql only does main block. Did you write all that by hand, with copypaste between the pdf? O___O

It would be possible for me to generate those. With some work and moar script fu. But with No little personal notes or source info. (I myself never bothered memorizing source; if it's in the dictionary,  it's obviously canon no matter who coined it <EXCEPT NonFrommerian Block, not included in any data files>) affix productivity notes are interesting idea.

It may take a little bit, but I believe I can build a generator for your file, as it is or approximately so.

By the way (this must be like 18th edit of this post now) why do you have 1A 1B 2 as inf pos instead of the modern conventional 0 1 2? Eana Eltu still uses the old 1 2 3.

Also also, (edit 21) get rid of **"atoki" === (T)n. sacred tree ;)

Tuiq

That the SQL file doesn't include any blocks but the main one has historical reasons. I could expand it if necessary.
Eana Eltu: PDF/TSV/jMemorize

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tuiq on February 01, 2012, 07:08:37 PM
That the SQL file doesn't include any blocks but the main one has historical reasons. I could expand it if necessary.

I believe I have already received as answer from you on this. It's legit.