The Lion King nìNa'vi

Started by Le'eylan, October 10, 2010, 08:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Le'eylan on February 09, 2011, 03:14:18 PM
Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 09, 2011, 02:38:38 PM
Hmm, well honestly I don't see much difference between the 1st and 2nd pics. The only difference I see is that the 2nd one is zoomed out a little more (Well, and the text is missing lol). The first one looks fine with the text :)

-Txonä Rolyu
No.. They're exactly the same, it's just different fonts.
I though that putting a smaller text like subtitle would be better..

Ohhh! I see the text now. The stupid wireless Internet at my college was being slow and never completely loaded the pictures. I like the 2nd one :) and I agree, I think we should leave the names the way they are despite the illegal characters.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I like picture style 1 better.
I live the names as-is.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Le'eylan

Things that's going to happen soon:

• All text so far will be corrected and put on new pictures which hopefully will be the final ones.
  • After correction, I will also try to make the lines short/long enough to fit the movie.
  • The songs will be changed so that you can sing them.
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Le'eylan on February 10, 2011, 11:36:37 AM
Things that's going to happen soon:

• All text so far will be corrected and put on new pictures which hopefully will be the final ones.
  • After correction, I will also try to make the lines short/long enough to fit the movie.
  • The songs will be changed so that you can sing them.
Hakuna Matata is singable but a second look at it could make it even better. Some phrases have to be spoken really fast now and I had to turn "irayo seyi" into "irayo" so it would be in synch with Pumbaa's lips. (I don't know if you have seen the video I sent to Aykeryusey, I don't have the link anymore...)

Le'eylan

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on February 10, 2011, 11:39:59 AM
Hakuna Matata is singable but a second look at it could make it even better. Some phrases have to be spoken really fast now and I had to turn "irayo seyi" into "irayo" so it would be in synch with Pumbaa's lips. (I don't know if you have seen the video I sent to Aykeryusey, I don't have the link anymore...)
No haven't seen it :/ What was it?
I've been using this so far:
The Lion King instrumental -HD- part 1
=^● ⋏ ●^=

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Le'eylan on February 10, 2011, 11:51:52 AM
It was my audition ;)
I sung Hakuna Matata because that were the only lines translated for Pumbaa so far.
Maybe you can ask her for the link?

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

I would LOOVE to do at least some of the singing for this project. My name isn't Rolyu for nothing ;)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 10, 2011, 12:05:12 PM
I would LOOVE to do at least some of the singing for this project. My name isn't Rolyu for nothing ;)

-Txonä Rolyuu
Send Aykerusey a PM or take a look in this topic, there are enough free roles. (Even the role 'singer' is free, something for you?)

Tsufätu Ayioangä

For the record, this is the version I got off youtube and this is the video I will be putting the words to :)

Let me find the link to Eej's audition.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=ff1jfa&s=7

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on February 10, 2011, 06:41:08 PM

For the record, this is the version I got off youtube and this is the video I will be putting the words to :)

Let me find the link to Eej's audition.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=ff1jfa&s=7

There it is :P
I also had a thought on "awngeyä" I think "moeyä" would be better (exclusive and dual form... our=Timon's+Pumbaa's)

eejmensenikbenhet

At the moment, I'm putting the current translations on the Wiki so we can easily adapt them into film lines.
http://wiki.learnnavi.org/index.php/The_Lion_King

Eltu Lefngap Makto

I'm not up-to-date on all the activities about this translation project, but I think it looks rather cool.  I'd like to help.  I like that the names are transliterated, not translated, but shouldn't they be phonotacticly acceptable? For example, Mufasa is great, but can't Scar be Skar?  Pumbaa be Pumpa? Senzi, Panzai and Et?  Sarapi?

Also, can there be a page on the wiki which lists all the characters and species? e.g.

Lion = Palulukan
Monkey/Baboon = Syaksyuk
Hyena = Nantang?
Elephant = 'Angtsìk? (this is my opinion, where can we discuss this?)
Warthog = Talioang? Tapirus?
Antelope = Yerik? (does this come up in the dialogue?)
Ant = Teylu?
Hornbill = Riti? Fkio?
Meerkat = ???
Bee = Zize'?

'Ivong, Na'vi!

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Eltu Lefngap Makto on March 12, 2011, 08:21:04 PM
I'm not up-to-date on all the activities about this translation project, but I think it looks rather cool.  I'd like to help.  I like that the names are transliterated, not translated, but shouldn't they be phonotacticly acceptable? For example, Mufasa is great, but can't Scar be Skar?  Pumbaa be Pumpa? Senzi, Panzai and Et?  Sarapi?

I'm actually against the hwole transliteration.  It risks making some of the names unrecognizable!

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Eltu Lefngap Makto

Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on March 12, 2011, 08:50:37 PM
I'm actually against the hwole transliteration.  It risks making some of the names unrecognizable!
That's not a good reason not to do it!  :P   I think the point is to make as though a native Na'vi speaker were saying it all.
'Ivong, Na'vi!

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Eltu Lefngap Makto on March 12, 2011, 09:07:02 PM
Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on March 12, 2011, 08:50:37 PM
That's not a good reason not to do it!  :P   I think the point is to make as though a native Na'vi speaker were saying it all.

Tam, however I strongly encourage you to read this first before proceeding!

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Eltu Lefngap Makto

Thanks for the link.   :) What about the species thing?
'Ivong, Na'vi!

eejmensenikbenhet

It's a good idea to make a page with the animals, will do that tomorow (or maybe even tonight).

Le'eylan

Hippo shouldn't be translated as Toruk. I just used it in that conversation, but not as an translation.
Later in the movie, when Simba asks for what type of food Timon and Pumba has, he won't ask "Toruk srak?" for "Any hippo?".
=^● ⋏ ●^=

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Le'eylan on March 13, 2011, 04:18:53 PM
Hippo shouldn't be translated as Toruk. I just used it in that conversation, but not as an translation.
Later in the movie, when Simba asks for what type of food Timon and Pumba has, he won't ask "Toruk srak?" for "Any hippo?".
That's what I ment with "Not Literal Translated'' But I can remove it as well actually...