The Lion King nìNa'vi

Started by Le'eylan, October 10, 2010, 08:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eejmensenikbenhet

I placed all text from the images (from the txt file) on the Wiki. I'm going to put up the songs now.

Eltu Lefngap Makto

A few things about the animals

• Lion are at the top of the heap in TLK, but shouldn't the other "great cats" get palulukan too, maybe with some adjectives?  Hyenas as aynantang implies some kind of wolf/dog connection.  Maybe the non-lions could be palalukantsyìp?
  • Ants are insects.  Can't they be teylu/beetle?
  • Bees sting.  Why not zize'/hellfire wasp?
  • Monkey and Baboon are used interchangeably in the movie.  Shouldn't they both be syaksyuk?
  • Hippos and rhinos are big and dumb, but not famous for their size or toughness the way elephants are. (Mounted Elephants have been in armies!)  Why not talioang for H & R, but let elephants have 'angtsìk/hammerheads?
Should we also deliniate what the animals are whose species isn't name directly?  It might be helpful in paraphrasing places where we don't have words to decide that Zazo is fkio, for example.
'Ivong, Na'vi!

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Eltu Lefngap Makto on March 13, 2011, 06:37:28 PM

• Lion are at the top of the heap in TLK, but shouldn't the other "great cats" get palulukan too, maybe with some adjectives?  Hyenas as aynantang implies some kind of wolf/dog connection.  Maybe the non-lions could be palalukantsyìp?
  • Monkey and Baboon are used interchangeably in the movie.  Shouldn't they both be syaksyuk?
  • Hippos and rhinos are big and dumb, but not famous for their size or toughness the way elephants are. (Mounted Elephants have been in armies!)  Why not talioang for H & R, but let elephants have 'angtsìk/hammerheads?
Should we also deliniate what the animals are whose species isn't name directly?  It might be helpful in paraphrasing places where we don't have words to decide that Zazo is fkio, for example.
And what about Timon and Pumbaa?

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on March 12, 2011, 09:36:41 PM
Quote from: Eltu Lefngap Makto on March 12, 2011, 09:07:02 PM
Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on March 12, 2011, 08:50:37 PM
I'm actually against the hwole transliteration.  It risks making some of the names unrecognizable!
That's not a good reason not to do it!  :P   I think the point is to make as though a native Na'vi speaker were saying it all.

Tam, however I strongly encourage you to read this first before proceeding!

I somewhat agree.  If you look at translations into any other language, they don't change the names.  I see the point of trying to make it as native as possible but names need to be kept the same to maintain the original integrity of the movie.

Eltu Lefngap Makto

I think the only one that really bugged me was Scar, when it could just be spelled SkarPumpa would be the only other one I would try to argue.
'Ivong, Na'vi!

eejmensenikbenhet

Something funny I found on the Tree of Souls forum:

Sorry, back to the names: I think they should be written as in English but have to be spoken like a Na'vi ->  They don't say Pumbaa but also not Pumpa, just a way inbetween.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Lions are palulukan. All other cats are palulukantsyìp or palulukantsyìptsyìp, or even palulukantsyìptsyìptsyìp. The only possible exception is ligers.  ;D

Hyena would simply be vrrtep.
Scar would have a special name (especially among the lions): vrrtep eyktan

We already have hì`ang for insect. Perhaps hì`ang akllte

But there is a big size difference between most monkeys and baboons. A baboon might be syasyuk apxa.

I love the cartoon! Kind of looks like Le Eylan's work.[/list]

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on March 16, 2011, 03:19:18 PM

Lions are palulukan. All other cats are palulukantsyìp or palulukantsyìptsyìp, or even palulukantsyìptsyìptsyìp. The only possible exception is ligers.  ;D

Is that many -tsyìp suffixes even possible? Lol.

Hyena would simply be vrrtep.
Scar would have a special name (especially among the lions): vrrtep eyktan

I think it should be "eyktan ayvrrtepä" because he is the leader of the demons (there is more than 1 hyena ;) )

We already have hì`ang for insect. Perhaps hì`ang akllte

Here, the a must be free floating because kllte is not an adjective.

Oeyä aysäfpìl :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Is this still being worked on?

eejmensenikbenhet

Well, I know I've been working on a translation on the Wiki a month ago...

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Does that mean yes?

I've been doing a casting call to youtube and a Voice Acting website and I need to know if the script will be finished anytime within the next...lifetime.

Oh jeez...I never got a submission in, sorry. Was there a specific song I should sing?

-Txonä Rolyu

hemmond

I'll do some speaking/singing, but It'll be good if we make Na'vi subtitles for The Lion King. :) I just simply don't know what to say... And I don't know which character should I say. :)
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Blue Elf

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on June 19, 2011, 02:42:00 PM
Well, I know I've been working on a translation on the Wiki a month ago...
If there is interest, I can help with translation - at least I can try. How it works, what is to be done?
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

I can also help with translation

-Txonä Rolyu

Tirea Aean

throw me sentences and context, and I can help you out too.

Payoang

Here's my copy of the movie script. Could be useful.

eejmensenikbenhet

Well, it would be great if you could submit them to the Lion King part of the Wiki that I created like some time ago.
That way it's easy to see what parts are already translated and/or should be edited or improved.

http://wiki.learnnavi.org/index.php/Lion_King

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Wow this is great!  Yea there's a lot of interest over on my VA site.  None through youtube :/

But I have someone who's already sent in an audition and three others who are interested in Sarabi, Shenzi and a Singer (Circle of Life)

The issue they all have is that they don't know the language or it's pronunciations.  I've directed them to some youtube pronunciation vids, but they are having issues getting the sounds together.

If any of you more experienced members could, perhaps record some of the lines (not with a special voice or in any rythem JUST correct pronunciation)  that would be super helpful and cat aid in getting this show's paws off the ground.

Tirea Aean

send me the sample lines and ill send you recordings of them