The Lion King nìNa'vi

Started by Le'eylan, October 10, 2010, 08:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Here are a few other sets of lines that I need translated fairly quickly due to need for auditions (also need audio recrodings, particularly of Shenzi's lines for now)  Also, please leave everything in brackets in English as it will help the actors know about were they are.

Of course, the rest of the script will need translating eventually, these were scenes that I found particularity good for auditions and stuff so the sooner these can get done the better :)

eejmensenikbenhet

Too bad that they don't speak the language, I would definately want to help them because even though my Na'vi vocabulary and grammar sucks, my pronounciation is quite good (not to be egoïstic at all... :P). So, if you need help with teaching them the pronounciation, I'll be available, just give a shout.

By the way... I practised some more on my Pumbaa sound, do you want me to send in a new sample?

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on June 21, 2011, 10:56:26 AM
Too bad that they don't speak the language, I would definately want to help them because even though my Na'vi vocabulary and grammar sucks, my pronounciation is quite good (not to be egoïstic at all... :P). So, if you need help with teaching them the pronounciation, I'll be available, just give a shout.

By the way... I practised some more on my Pumbaa sound, do you want me to send in a new sample?

I will still need sample recordings of some of the lines so they can know how to say  what they're saying so if your pronunciation is good, you can make sample audio tracks (with a normal voice) that they can imitate.

And yes please, if you don't mind re-recording

Alos, for those interested, this is the website and page that I've posted the calls up on.

eejmensenikbenhet

Great! You might want to place a little link to the wiki (God, I just need to stop placing it that high :P), because there are more and correcter lines.

Tirea Aean

OH GOODNESS!! The poor souls on that forum thread! Such old and inaccurate videos. :'(

Tsufätu Ayioangä

What?  The videos are old?  I thought they were...updated :?

What is the Wiki link?

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on June 21, 2011, 05:15:11 PM

That's okay, I'm sure these recordings about to come will help out. :) (I will re-record them until they are up to 'Oma Tirea standards. HRH ;D)

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 21, 2011, 06:13:18 PM

That's okay, I'm sure these recordings about to come will help out. :) (I will re-record them until they are up to 'Oma Tirea standards. HRH ;D)

Tip: besides the basic phoneme pronounciation, focus on the prosody.  It is important to make the language sound less 'Ìnglìsì, more natural, and in general prosody is important for contextual reasons, too, which can be in turn an important factor in making this production sound good.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on June 22, 2011, 01:41:44 AM

Tip: besides the basic phoneme pronounciation, focus on the prosody.  It is important to make the language sound less 'Ìnglìsì, more natural, and in general prosody is important for contextual reasons, too, which can be in turn an important factor in making this production sound good.

surely. However I was told not do to the voice acting, only to pronounce the words correctly. that part is up to them, a fì'ut oel spaw.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 22, 2011, 10:10:11 AM
Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on June 22, 2011, 01:41:44 AM

surely. However I was told not do to the voice acting, only to pronounce the words correctly. that part is up to them, a fì'ut oel spaw.

Exactly.  I don't want to re-cord the entire movie, in Na'vi, just to have voice actors mimic the 'professionals'.  I want them to be able to start doing it on their own.  So I only want some of the key lines and scenes spoken by you guys and then they can figure it out from there, you know?

also, what the helk is prosody?

hemmond

what about making a subtitles for Lion King? Then anybody could see, how many he will be needed to say, and can record it. :) And of course, listen it and see it written in the same time could be great for learning. :)
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

eejmensenikbenhet

Yeah, by making them we can also check at the same time whether they can fit to the moving mouth of the character or whether they're too long/too short. I have some spare time so I guess I can start at the beginning of the movie and work my way until we ran out of lines :P

Hmm, maybe we can correct everything on top of this. (I don't mean to say that there are like real errors in the lines, but we have some new things (words/rules/new grammar) that we ought to use instead of the lines that we have now...)

Edit: something that bugged me every time I sung the Circle of Life in my head (I do that quite a lot actually...)... Should we keep on with the "'Rrtane" or should we change it to "kifkeyne" (or something like that)?

hemmond

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on June 22, 2011, 02:25:06 PM
Edit: something that bugged me every time I sung the Circle of Life in my head (I do that quite a lot actually...)... Should we keep on with the "'Rrtane" or should we change it to "kifkeyne" (or something like that)?

I would personally put there kifkeyne, but I'm not the author of this lines. :D
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

eejmensenikbenhet

That's why I ask, I would say kifkeyne as well... :P
Let's wait for one of the translators to react...

Tirea Aean

I like kifkeyne as well, but I also did not write that original line.

Also.... Here is my work thus far(currently slacking slaving on the audio):

EDIT!! I thought it said chance, but it really said choice. changed "skxom" to "tìftxey"

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Whoever is in charge if the Wiki page, can you please add this section that Tirea kindly translated :)  (I would do it but I'm not sure which 'part' it is.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

haha...oops XD  Yea well my post has the bold/normal code for the Wiki page so HA!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on June 22, 2011, 03:03:30 PM
Whoever is in charge if the Wiki page, can you please add this section that Tirea kindly translated :)  (I would do it but I'm not sure which 'part' it is.

Please see my post/edit where I posted my work thus far. I mis-read your message and put a wrong word, I just now fixed it. (tìftxey, not skxom)

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 22, 2011, 03:12:59 PM
Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on June 22, 2011, 03:03:30 PM
Whoever is in charge if the Wiki page, can you please add this section that Tirea kindly translated :)  (I would do it but I'm not sure which 'part' it is.

Please see my post/edit where I posted my work thus far. I mis-read your message and put a wrong word, I just now fixed it. (tìftxey, not skxom)
Working on that. It comes from the confrontation scene
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)