The Lion King nìNa'vi

Started by Le'eylan, October 10, 2010, 08:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Elf

New stuf added in scene 9 - from begining nearly to the start of song (see wiki). It is quite hard to translate this part, so someone else's check is welcome.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Tewti nang

Great to see this going again!

Is there a place I can help?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tirea Aean

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on August 03, 2011, 12:22:30 PM
Tewti nang

Great to see this going again!

Is there a place I can help?

;D

the project is on the wiki. link buried in this thread.

Blue Elf

http://wiki.learnnavi.org/index.php/The_Lion_King

any help is welcome - scenes in red aren't translated. Also some scenes are not finished yet and some need revision. There is still much to work on. I feel sad that I didn't find any time for the last month, maybe it'll be better ...
Screenplay we use for translation can be found also on the wiki

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

irayo I founnd the wiki yesterday (isn't linked to anything, so it hides...). Like you, I am incredibly busy. But I saw a section that I am interested in translating. If I don't have to be out of town all day Saturday, I might take a stab at translation.

Yawey ngahu!

eejmensenikbenhet

That's awesome! Little tip: Before starting the real translation and stuff place something like "This page is currently under construction, please don't edit it." on the top of the page, save the page en then start translating/correcting. This way you will prevent two people editing the same page at the same time. ;)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I am working on scene 19, which is going to be a-few-lines-a-day activity for a while.

I also see that EMIBH (Is that a contraction of 'eejmensenikbenhet'?) has also translated the two little songs in this passage. Songs are not my strong suit, so that is appreciated!

Yawey ngahu!

eejmensenikbenhet

Songs in Scene 19... oh you mean Rafiki's chants and Busa? Well I have a full translated version of the Busa song so that one was really easy, and the chants were only four lines...

And BTW, yes it is a contraction :P

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Irayo nitxan for the 'busa' lyrics. That is helpful not only for the Na`vi, but also for the Zulu.

Yawey ngahu!

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I figured anything that wasn't English would not get translated into Na'vi.  just like Lion King in other languages, the 'native' tongue of the animals is the same.

eejmensenikbenhet

I only translated the English translations in the movie script, but I have written a Na'vi version of Busa because I love the sound of it ;).

Tsufätu Ayioangä

OK

I am seriously wanting to hop back into this!  I am also wishing to take this project upon my own shoulders as a sort of organizer (since nothing is getting done without one :/ )  Anyone and Everyone interested in being a part of this project, please PM me (or message me one skype/facebook) and let me know what you are willing and capable to do for the project.  I will be keeping a master list (and possibly make a new thread) with this onformation on it.  The following are examples of jobs that need to be done but if you can think of something else, please let me know and it an be added:

Head of Organization/Post-Production: Aykerusey
Head Translator: *Reserved for Le'Eylan*
Co-Translator:
Specific Translators:  
.......eejmensenikbenhet--Misc Scenes
.......Blue Elf--Scene 9
.......Aykerusey--Scenes 10-11
.......`Eylan Ayfalulukanä--Scene 19
.......-Txonä Rolyu--Zazu
Flow Testers:
Test Recordings:

Basically what each of these would do is fairly simple.  The Head Translator would oversee the translation of the text as well as make sure that the syntax and what not makes sense.  Their job, along with the Co-Translator is to make sure that everything makes sense physically.  They are also welcome to do some of the actual translating as well.

The Specific Translators will be taking specific parts (either a scene or a character) and translate that particular section.  This will make it easier for everyone to know exactly what they are doing rather then just having people randomly pick and choose.  Specifics can either choose or be assigned scenes or characters.

Flow Testers will take a look at the finished sections and lines and make sure that everything flows as it should.  They will be encouraged (but not required) to match up the lines to the actual spoken dialogue of the original English version.  If their job is done correctly, the post-production and lip matching will take far less time.  It would be nice if they could also be in contact with the Head and Co-Translators to make sure any changes will still work with the syntax and will not modify the meaning of the lines.

The Test Recorders are the ones who will be taking the finalized sections or passages and record them for general pronunciation and speed.  Although these tests will not be used in the final project, they will be of GREAT assistance for the voice actors recruited who may not speak Na'vi.  This is a VERY important job!

So if you have any questions or would like to seriously be a part of this project, please PM me!

Blue Elf

Oh, project resurrected! Great!
* Blue Elf preparing mail to Aykerusey...

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Le'eylan? Is she even still in the community and here on the forums? I've never seen her...it's been months, if not a whole year. Anyway I'd love to be a part of this, but sadly with school and other commitments I have, that's not going to happen. Can't wait to see the translations everyone comes up with :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 22, 2012, 11:14:53 PM
Le'eylan? Is she even still in the community and here on the forums? I've never seen her...it's been months, if not a whole year. Anyway I'd love to be a part of this, but sadly with school and other commitments I have, that's not going to happen. Can't wait to see the translations everyone comes up with :)

-Txonä Rolyu

I'm not sure if she is or not but it was originally her project so I figured I'd give her the reserve for now.  If she doesn't say anything to me in a week or so I will open that position for someone else.

If you want to be even a small part of it, I can give you a character with minimal lines (Zazu) that you could probably do quickly.  That way you can still get credit for part of the project ;)

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on February 22, 2012, 11:46:14 PM

-Txonä Rolyu

I'm not sure if she is or not but it was originally her project so I figured I'd give her the reserve for now.  If she doesn't say anything to me in a week or so I will open that position for someone else.

If you want to be even a small part of it, I can give you a character with minimal lines (Zazu) that you could probably do quickly.  That way you can still get credit for part of the project ;)

Hm...yeah I might be able to do Zazu's part. Do we have deadlines as to when stuff needs to be done by?

-Txonä Rolyu

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 23, 2012, 12:31:12 AM

-Txonä Rolyu

Hm...yeah I might be able to do Zazu's part. Do we have deadlines as to when stuff needs to be done by?

-Txonä Rolyu

I'll put you down for Zazu then and if you can't let me know and I'll delete it :)

There really isn't a deadline.  i don't want people to feel rushed but if things aren't getting done I will put on on it.  A fair one of course.

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on February 23, 2012, 12:45:47 AM
Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 23, 2012, 12:31:12 AM

-Txonä Rolyu

-Txonä Rolyu

I'll put you down for Zazu then and if you can't let me know and I'll delete it :)

There really isn't a deadline.  i don't want people to feel rushed but if things aren't getting done I will put on on it.  A fair one of course.

Cool. I can probably get this done during spring break next week. Can you message me the script? Irayo :)

-Txonä Rolyu

eejmensenikbenhet

Kaltxì ma Aykerusey!

I'd love to get back on this ride, maybe even as co-translator if I can find the time. For now just 'translator' :P
Also, would you like me to re-record my Pumbaa audition as well as recording some of the dialogues/songs for the other voice actors?

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I still have your audition on file but in the future if you'd like to tst record the speed and clarity the lines should be at, that would be great use for people to practice with.

And which would you like me to put you down as?  Co or Specific?