Tree of Voices (my rosetta stone lookalike/workalike)

Started by JayWalker, February 19, 2010, 03:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayWalker

Quote from: Cass on March 14, 2010, 05:03:59 PM
the folder i tried to put in still had all the stuff in it. (the way it was originally downloaded.) i didnt download the lessons one at a time. could that have something to do with it? i mean i downloaded the one that had them all at once.

If you downloaded the pre-packaged version and ran that copy, you should have no problem seeing all the lessons, and you shouldn't need to download any more.

Cass

yeah i tried reinstalling it and trying to copy paste again but once again it didn't show :/

Col Quaritch

I have a small question concerning the lessons if I may. I have seen some are missing words is there a way to fix this? I mean I'll be going along find then suddenly its nothing in all 3 box as well above so i have to take a random guess on correct to keep my score good.

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: Col Quaritch on March 15, 2010, 04:01:39 PM
I have a small question concerning the lessons if I may. I have seen some are missing words is there a way to fix this? I mean I'll be going along find then suddenly its nothing in all 3 box as well above so i have to take a random guess on correct to keep my score good.

This reminds me....

UPDATE!!!

A good majority of the lessons have been fixed from minor errors. Still working on a few more. Please download the PP again to get all the fixed lessons. Mind you there are still a few errors in the other ones and we are fixing them.

Irayo!

JayWalker

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on March 15, 2010, 04:05:00 PM

A good majority of the lessons have been fixed from minor errors. Still working on a few more. Please download the PP again to get all the fixed lessons. Mind you there are still a few errors in the other ones and we are fixing them.

Irayo!

I haven't updated the site with the fixed lessons yet so.....

Let me get right on that...

Quote from: Col Quaritch on March 15, 2010, 04:01:39 PM

I've heard of a few people experiencing this problem, and I'm not sure whether it's specific to the lesson files or a problem with the program yet. Once I update the site I'll throw an update up here, and then you can let me know if you still have issues with the fixed lessons.

JayWalker

Alright, NOW the website is updated with all the new lessons and whatnots.

*Cough* ExLib *Cough* It might be a good idea in the future to check with me to see if there really HAS been an update before coming here and saying so.

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

any chance of something like this being made for the android???  ;D ;D i have the app made by OV3RK!LL.. but im looking for more of a learning app that seems more like a dictionary

Cass

Downloaded the new software...still having issues copying it onto ToV...i think its a sign i need to learn the old fashioned way lol.

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

awww thats dookie  :( :( lol... wish i was just able 2 go 2 where u r and help u out lol... darn this distance... need 2 find my self a ikran or toruk.... dont we all wish we could...

Cass

i know right! lol man scientists need to get a move on that lol. :) o well ill use flash cards :P i know what u mean about the distance i feel isolated >.<   lol

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Cass on March 17, 2010, 04:13:41 PM
i know right! lol man scientists need to get a move on that lol. :) o well ill use flash cards :P i know what u mean about the distance i feel isolated >.<   lol

No, what scientists need to do is create some sort of helmet that "teaches," or rather infuses into your brain how to do certain things, like math and science and teach history of the world and it's individual nations.  Oh, and also, it can teach you languages and the correct way to speak it, all without spending countless hours doing so.

Basically, it's a memory modification of your brain to teach the academics.  I'd love that, so that I can spend more time dong what I really love: art.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Cass

Ah thats an even better idea :) i appload that idea lol. But yeah that would be amazing if that could happen id so go for that :) 

'Awve Tìkameie

(sorry, off topic, had to post)

Before me viewing this topic and posting this, this topic had 111 replies with 1111 views  :P
:D

(On topic)
I am still loving this, keep up the great work!
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

Tsufätu Ayioangä

OMD right now!  I just got it installed and I have to say I'm completely in love with it and i haven't even gone all the way through the example lesson!  Thank you so much!

ExLibrisMortis

Irayo ma eylan!

That is very much appreciated. Please remember, if you have any suggestion, comments, concerns regad this program, please do not hesitate to post here so we can help make this as enjoyable/productive experience as we can make for you!

Eywa Ngahu!

Tsufätu Ayioangä

We;ll, I just ran through the first lesson with 'Kaltxi' 'Kiyevame' and 'Nari' a few times and I have to say I like that it shuffles around the position of the answers but I noticed that 'kaltxi' is loud but the other too are incredibly soft.  Is this just my computer or can it be fixed?

ExLibrisMortis

Hey, although we do encourage any assistance that will help make the program better, what we do not appreciate is a hijacking of the thread/project. Your effort is much appreciated in the btterment of learning the language but if you could please contact jaywalker before you post things like this, that would be very courteous.

And just so you know there is a new version of the progr to be released that is going to fix alot of the problems and add many new features.

Irayo ulte eywa ngahu.

JayWalker

Quote from: ᐃᓕᓴᖅᐳᖅ on March 19, 2010, 02:25:15 PM
Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on March 19, 2010, 01:23:31 PM
Hey, although we do encourage any assistance that will help make the program better, what we do not appreciate is a hijacking of the thread/project. Your effort is much appreciated in the btterment of learning the language but if you could please contact jaywalker before you post things like this, that would be very courteous.

And just so you know there is a new version of the progr to be released that is going to fix alot of the problems and add many new features.

Irayo ulte eywa ngahu.

I did contact him, he seemed fine with it, he warned me about upcoming changes, and I've allowed for them in my program. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my initial post.

Again: My project is meant as an alternative client that people have the option of using if they want to-I'm not planning on hijacking the file format, adding "exclusive" features (like my own online lesson storage system that's inaccessible from the main client) or branching out into a competing application.

It's all good. I wasn't expecting you to post it here but thats fine.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

I split it off to a new topic, as it is a different project.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)