Tree of Voices (my rosetta stone lookalike/workalike)

Started by JayWalker, February 19, 2010, 03:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayWalker

Quote from: Kekerusey on December 24, 2010, 02:47:00 AM
Quote from: JayWalker on December 22, 2010, 12:45:38 AMHey Kekerusey, wanna do me a big favor and port ToVUS to python so I can run it on linux :DDD Please?

It would take me quite a bit of time (Slutìsraw wasn't all that interested I'm afraid) and I have yet to learn how to handle graphics properly yet so I couldn't do it that quickly ... if you have made it open source though I can take a look at it at my leisure, maybe make it a project fro the new year?

Keke

It's your pick. I'll probably start working on it again once I'm a bit more adept in C and hopefully some more people will join in on this project. Also, ToVUS (the updater server) is less than 300 lines and doesn't really require any kind of graphical interaction.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Hey... so I moved a bunch of unzipped lesson folders into the main lesson folder and now it doesn't see any, including the basic Kaltxi/Kiyevame/Nari lesson...

What up yo?

Tsyalatun te Eyktan Txuratu'itan

Is there any interest in having a version of ToV running natively on Unix systems, or are oeyä smuke sì smukan happy with the online version?

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: tsyalatun on May 13, 2012, 06:18:09 PM
Is there any interest in having a version of ToV running natively on Unix systems, or are oeyä smuke sì smukan happy with the online version?

Online version?
i'm evidently going to need to check the links again. cause only one i knoew of points to the creator's DYNDNS based site where you can download a windows installer and the lesson files. :/
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Tsyalatun te Eyktan Txuratu'itan

See this post about a version which runs online - it's flash based.  Follow the link to that thread, and off the initial posts is a link to the site with the flash based ToV.

Quote from: Ilisaqpuq on December 27, 2010, 09:41:47 PM
You can now complete all these lessons in online format 8)

/Sh-sh-shameless cross-post

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: tsyalatun on May 14, 2012, 09:09:24 AM
See this post about a version which runs online - it's flash based.  Follow the link to that thread, and off the initial posts is a link to the site with the flash based ToV.

Quote from: Ilisaqpuq on December 27, 2010, 09:41:47 PM
You can now complete all these lessons in online format 8)

/Sh-sh-shameless cross-post

WOW Nice!

ExLibrisMortis

Being one of the original producers of this endeavor, this end of this is pretty much dead. Full (or near full)licensing was given to the creator of the flash version to continue the efforts further. I don't know the current state of the flash version, but whereever it is at, it is and will be much farther than this.

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on May 14, 2012, 12:25:10 PM
Being one of the original producers of this endeavor, this end of this is pretty much dead. Full (or near full)licensing was given to the creator of the flash version to continue the efforts further. I don't know the current state of the flash version, but whereever it is at, it is and will be much farther than this.
well tested it under windows earlier, looking good and works as expected. I'll try it later on my laptop ( Commodore OS Vision which is an mix of Ubuntu and Linux mint with Commodore's own enhancements on top www.commodoreUSA.net if your interested )

Tirea Aean

Quote from: tsyalatun on May 13, 2012, 06:18:09 PM

Interested. *late*