Tree of Voices (my rosetta stone lookalike/workalike)

Started by JayWalker, February 19, 2010, 03:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExLibrisMortis

Also, As we make these lessons we will need some testers to see if there are any spelling or pronunciation errors. Usually it goes before people who are on the Teamspeak server provided by Hikyuuri. If you would like to be a tester of these lessons as they are being released, frequent the Teamspeak server and we'll definitely use ya.

Irayo, Eywa Ngahu.

Eanikran

Downloaded the installer, and I got the error, so oe tried numerous complicated downloads and fixes (no luck) then for the hell of it, tried running as admin, and it worked fine  ::)... ;D

this is going to be ultra-helpful. I plan on doing one or two of these a day with the randomizer on. Like Jake says, it's all repetition.

Irayo nìtxan for this ma Jaywalker  :)

edit -  + karma as well  :)

Eyamsiyu

Just got Windows uploaded on my Mac, so I'm good now.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

ExLibrisMortis

Kaltxì,

Message from your resident lesson maker. I am currently making lesson for this program that are specifically drawn from the Na'vi workbook. They will follow the order of the workbook, where it can be made. This should be able to help with the process. Any other suggestions, please post here or PM me/Jaywalker.

Irayo,
Eywa Ngahu

donjoe

Quote from: JayWalker on February 22, 2010, 10:24:25 PMIf someone else wants to write a linux/mac interpretation, they are more than welcome to.
If someone makes the time to port this to Javascript+HTML+CSS, everyone will be better served, as it will immediately work well (in respectable browsers) on every operating system known to man. :P
Without any additional installs or fixes or purchases or anything.

JayWalker

Just a quick heads up (nothing terribly important, but it's nice to keep things up to date): There are now 8 lessons available on the website, and as ExLib mentioned above:

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on February 25, 2010, 11:11:55 PM
I am currently making lesson for this program that are specifically drawn from the Na'vi workbook. They will follow the order of the workbook, where it can be made.

He is making lessons straight from the workbook which should help a lot of people immensely, especially if they use the Tree Of Voices and do the workbook side by side.

Also, Slimz has graciously provided us with this awesome sig to help promote the Tree Of Voices software, so if you would like to support us and help spread the word, feel free to stick this image+link in your sig:

[url=http://treeofvoices.dyndns.org][img]http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8703/sig2v.jpg[/img][/url]

Eyamsiyu

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

'eylan na'viyä

kaltxì
nìaw've plltxe oe san irayo fpi tìkamkem ngeyä

i tested the application under ubuntu/wine. it seems to work correctly except the fact that it doesnt find any lesson. maybe it would help if the application prints out the path where it searches for them. so it would be possible to see whats going wrong.

JayWalker

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 26, 2010, 02:48:24 PM
Added the sig, because it works.  It's great.

Quote from: muiäa tuteyä 'itan on February 26, 2010, 02:49:24 PM
added 2 sig and posted on facebook

Irayo ma oeyä sìltsana meylan :)

Quote from: 'eylan na'viyä on February 26, 2010, 02:52:58 PM
kaltxì
nìaw've plltxe oe san irayo fpi tìkamkem ngeyä

i tested the application under ubuntu/wine. it seems to work correctly except the fact that it doesnt find any lesson. maybe it would help if the application prints out the path where it searches for them. so it would be possible to see whats going wrong.

Hmm, that's strange. Did it even show the example lesson?

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

'eylan na'viyä

the examplelesson didnt show up too, only an errormessage. under windows it woks.

i tried again using the console. thats the output:

starting:
fixme:ole:OleLoadPictureEx (0xa4e954,10142,0,{7bf80980-bf32-101a-8bbb-00aa00300cab},x=0,y=0,f=0,0x32fa98), partially implemented.
fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_SaveAsFile (0x14fda8)->(0x1615c0, 0, (nil)), hacked stub.

opening the lessons:
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {0d43fe01-f093-11cf-8940-00a0c9054228} not registered
err:ole:create_server class {0d43fe01-f093-11cf-8940-00a0c9054228} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {0d43fe01-f093-11cf-8940-00a0c9054228} could be created for context 0x5

closing:
fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_FindConnectionPoint no connection point for {33ad4ed2-6699-11cf-b70c-00aa0060d393}
fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_FindConnectionPoint no connection point for {33ad4ed2-6699-11cf-b70c-00aa0060d393}

the errormessage:
Error in Sub View_Lessons_Click

I could imagine 2 possible reasons for that:
-casesensitivity
-my languagesetting is german -> the "program files" folder is then called "Programme"

JayWalker

Quote from: 'eylan na'viyä on February 26, 2010, 03:09:04 PM
the examplelesson didnt show up too, only an errormessage. under windows it woks.

i tried again using the console. thats the output:

starting:
fixme:ole:OleLoadPictureEx (0xa4e954,10142,0,{7bf80980-bf32-101a-8bbb-00aa00300cab},x=0,y=0,f=0,0x32fa98), partially implemented.
fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_SaveAsFile (0x14fda8)->(0x1615c0, 0, (nil)), hacked stub.

opening the lessons:
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {0d43fe01-f093-11cf-8940-00a0c9054228} not registered
err:ole:create_server class {0d43fe01-f093-11cf-8940-00a0c9054228} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {0d43fe01-f093-11cf-8940-00a0c9054228} could be created for context 0x5

closing:

the errormessage:
Error in Sub View_Lessons_Click

Hmm, that's very strange. I havent been able to play around with it on linux at all, so I dont really know how it acts under wine. The error at the bottom at least tells me where the problem is, but if everything is set up the same way it is on Windows, I can only think it's something buggy/not supported with wine.

'eylan na'viyä

-casesensitivity
-my languagesetting is german -> the "program files" folder is then called "Programme"

JayWalker

Quote from: 'eylan na'viyä on February 26, 2010, 03:16:19 PM
-casesensitivity

No, I dont think that would have any effect. You can have the Tree of Voices folder installed anywhere on your computer, when it searches for lessons it only looks inside its own lessons folder. So unless you renamed the folder inside Tree of Voices to something other than "Lessons", the folder names wont have any effect on functionality.

'eylan na'viyä

i renamed the lesson folder to lower case but without effect. maybe you can add a fallback-folder with an absolute path( e.g. C:\Tree Of Voices ) if you cant figure out the reason for that problem

JayWalker

Quote from: 'eylan na'viyä on February 26, 2010, 03:38:19 PM
i renamed the lesson folder to lower case but without effect. maybe you can add a fallback-folder with an absolute path( e.g. C:\Tree Of Voices ) if you cant figure out the reason for that problem

Well the program shouldn't be case sensitive, so long as the name of the folders and the folder structure (inside Tree of Voices) remains the same.

On a side note, I just put up a "Tree of Voices PP.zip" download on the site, which is a pre-packaged zip that includes all of the currently available lessons so you don't have to download/install them separately. This might help some people who are having trouble, but I don't imagine it will solve the linux problem. That seems specific to you (at least as far as I've heard), especially since I've heard from other people using wine without problem (except for sometimes the sounds don't play).

'eylan na'viyä

ah ok, maybe i'll check it on another linuxdistribution when im about using one

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

is there any order that we should be going through these lessons? im a horrible learner and im completely lost on the order i should be going through these lessons. irayo

JayWalker

Quote from: muiäa tuteyä 'itan on February 26, 2010, 11:31:32 PM
is there any order that we should be going through these lessons? im a horrible learner and im completely lost on the order i should be going through these lessons. irayo

Right now, there really isnt any special order. They're all pretty much on a basic/beginner level so you can really go at them from any direction at this point in time.