Tree of Voices (my rosetta stone lookalike/workalike)

Started by JayWalker, February 19, 2010, 03:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

as a suggestion i dont know if u would be able 2 do this but like in the lesson "personal pronouns english to Na'vi" would it be possible 2 make it so when u click on the right one it sets the correct answer sound then after that it plays how the word should be pronounced?

JayWalker

Quote from: muiäa tuteyä 'itan on February 27, 2010, 10:17:03 AM
as a suggestion i dont know if u would be able 2 do this but like in the lesson "personal pronouns english to Na'vi" would it be possible 2 make it so when u click on the right one it sets the correct answer sound then after that it plays how the word should be pronounced?

There will be options that allow you to do this in an upcoming version. I have been busy lately and probably will be for a few more days, so I haven't had a chance to work on the program much. However, there will certainly be more updates to the program soon and lesson updates on the site when they become available.

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

Quote from: JayWalker on February 27, 2010, 02:41:03 PM
There will be options that allow you to do this in an upcoming version. I have been busy lately and probably will be for a few more days, so I haven't had a chance to work on the program much. However, there will certainly be more updates to the program soon and lesson updates on the site when they become available.

tam irayo! wish i could lend a hand but i know nothing about programming lol i got nothing but time for the most part lol

Nìnyu Tìrey

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I am having the same problem with trying to open lessons running this program under Linux/WINE as was reported further back in the thread... when I try and open a lesson, I get the error: err in sub viewlessons_click  The lessons folder is correctly named, and in the right spot. I used the installer program to install the program, and then copied the newer lessons into place. I do not expect you to be a WINE expert, as indeed, this could be a shortcoming in WINE, which is a very complex program. But, I will help where I can.

I am running this under Fedora 10 Linux. I  will try this at work tomorrow, where I can try it under Fedora 11, as well as on my Fedora 10 laptop.

Irayo! Keep up the good work!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

JayWalker

Just a heads up for anyone that might try and get on the website in the next few hours:

My website server is going to be down for a few hours after I post this, as I am upgrading the server computer. Should be fairly quick, provided I don't have any problems. Will let you know when it's back up.

ExLibrisMortis

UPDATE!!

Kaltxì ma frapo, oel ngati kameie!

I have now completed all the lessons based on the vocab sheets from the Na'vi workbook. All 12-13 lessons are now available on the Tree of Voices for you to do side by side with Kaltxì Palulukanyä amazing workbook. As soon as the server is up you will be able to grab them from the website and enjoy in a process to learn the language much faster and fun!

Upcoming is a new type of lesson styles that will help in the learning process. It will teach you the Na'Vi language the same way you learned your native language. More on this to come.

Any suggestions are more than welcome. Post them here or PM ExLibrisMortis/Jaywalker!

Irayo,
Eywa Ngahu!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Yaay! cookie for you! (Wow, someone mentioned me! I am fa mouse!)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

JayWalker

Alright, website is back up. Also, as ExLib said, there are now a bunch more lessons on the site. Enjoy!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: JayWalker on March 03, 2010, 01:36:59 AM
Alright, website is back up. Also, as ExLib said, there are now a bunch more lessons on the site. Enjoy!
Cookie for you too! (Yaay!)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

yayyyyyy IRAYO!!!! 2 things first u have "Na'vi Workbook - Two Letter Words.zip" uploaded twice...and the other is and this just might b me being annoying but maybe have the lessons number ordered so the new people that r just starting arnt looking at all these lessons going "ahhhh where do i start???" ... again thats just me  ;D ;D

ExLibrisMortis

Local resident lesson creator here. Ma frapo, I am making a request. If you would like to see anything in changes to the program or some new type of lesson please post here so we can take your ideas and run with them. Also, changes to the website are being made as an auto-updater/downloader is in the process of being created. Thanks for all your interest thus far and we here at the TOV creation team hope to help you more in learning Na'vi!

Irayo ulte Eywa Ngahu!

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

as in my post just before yours i think it would be a good idea 2 have the lessons ordered rather then staring at 15 lessons not knowing where 2 start

ExLibrisMortis

Well the lessons for the workbook coincided with their respective page from the workbook. They are meant as a tool to be used as you are doing the paper version of it. Other than that we will definitely be looking into ordering them in same manner or fashion. Great Idea!

Irayo,
Eywa Ngahu!

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

oo ok great! lol yea i havnt gotten around 2 printing the workbook (low on ink and cant sneak out 2 kinkos or something 2 get it printed up...(my parents would probably have my committed 2 the asylum if they found out i was trying 2 learn Na'vi lol))

JayWalker

Attention!

For the upcoming version of Tree of Voices, I am planning on adding multilingual support for the program text itself, as well as lessons. For the program text, I am planning on including the following languages as of now:

English
French - Kawazoe
German - Ash or ExLib
Russian
Spanish
and of course, Na'vi.

Since I don't know most of these languages, I need some volunteers to translate the program text in the above languages for me. Also, if you have suggestions for another language to add (perhaps one you speak that isn't listed above), let me know and it can certainly be added. Alternate language lessons will only be available if the lesson creator(s) choose to add them, but the program will support them. Please either reply in this thread or private message me if you would like to help me with translating the program text.

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Na'vi Kxanìa Taronyu

I LOVE IT!  Best way to learn Na'vi immediately being immersed right at the moment you start.  Iryao!
I am a Video Producer, Webpage Designer, Na'Vi enthusiast, BMW fanatic, and a Mac OS X Server Certified Server Administrator.

I am The People's Forbidden Hunter
Oel ngati kameie!

I don't know where to turn, as my future is clouded.  The future is a haze, as my path is unclear.  Will my loyalty stick with my Terran race, or will it stick with the Na'vi?