1 Month, 1 Language

Started by Taronyu, August 03, 2010, 07:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taronyu

Hey guys! I've started up a project that I think some of you will enjoy.

It's pretty self-explanatory from the title. I am going to attempt to create a conlang in one month. More details can be found by clicking on the picture. :D

Richard

Ftiafpi

Oe ngahu tswìyayeion ma tsmukan! Zene oe nivume ngeyä lì'fya. Makto ko!

'Ì'awn Menari

Aleu, siha hasoya hea nauzei ye hi.  Ei vea heana koroi xo gaulena u ei rota lomasa kone ayas wona.  Ei loma kafawe ye hii fu te nurus toru.

i'm still working on the grammar part of my language ^_^ i hope it goes well.
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Ekirä

That sounds cool. ;D

Can't wait to see how it turns out.....now you've tempted me to make a language, but I must resist so I can learn Na'vi first. :D

But as you promise to post every day, I promise I will read them every day. I'm a blog addict, so it shouldn't be too hard.... ::)

Atan'eveng

Oh this is great!
one more to my "languages I wanna learn" list !

and I know Taronyu doesn't need this but...here's an wikibook about conlang I found for anyone wishing to build their own language as well

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Conlang   ;D

Eywa ngahu
Oel ngati kameie ma [you]

Kayrìlien

This looks like a great idea! I've never gone so far as to create a conlang of my own (despite how fun it sounds), but watching you do it should be rather enjoyable.

Kayrìlien

Taronyu

Thanks guys! Hope you like it. :D

First post is up on Phonology and phonetics. Comment there on that, though. :)

Txantslusam Skxawng

WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Atan'eveng

I was about to ask what the language would sound like.  ::)

Taronyu

Quote from: Atan'eveng on August 04, 2010, 05:08:06 PM
I was about to ask what the language would sound like.  ::)

We got some more words today, as they say in the Na'vi world. :D Meaning, I made some up. I put the pronunciations up, but i am fairly certain a native would shoot me.

Atan'eveng

No way! You're the boss lol
The way you speak is the right way isn't it?  ;D

I just don't get the IPA, listening is more helpful, so make sure you say it perfectly lol  ::)

Taronyu

The way I say it is probably, as in 80%, not the way to say it, haha. It is hard. I need to get a dictionary up, haha.

Taronyu

And we finally have sea otters!

Man, sea otters and llamas are awesome.

Nyx

I'd give you a llama badge, but I think this is the wrong site :P

'Ì'awn Menari

Quote from: Nyx on August 07, 2010, 04:51:37 PM
I'd give you a llama badge, but I think this is the wrong site :P

Definately XD.  what's the point of the llama badge?  i've gotten like 3 already.
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Taronyu

8 days left.

I wonder how many of you are still reading.  ::)

Nyx

I have some catching up to do, but yeah, still reading ^^

Off-topic: Ma 'Ì'awn, the llama badges have no real point :P

Taronyu

Did the tower of babel today. :D

1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As men moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there.3 They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."

5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

8 So the LORD scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel — because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

1. Dodhéna bo ia á llevóda ram ó dolleva hóni ro dáoíyúmiones. 2. Abétuá as llára póanôráwaïnakéon. bho gum shinar fo horówon. Súmówohowon. 3. Rúntátuá gum frótáon pó tûn wuá odháon! Tûn as gonta aíu oák ó híkti nátoríyétéíktion. Rrí gon thon nefá radon ó soronu dalúna üç dáo. 4. Rûn gum frótáon pó wuá odhon! Tûn ásh túntátuá góré gôr ro kúna kûn rrhískats li hewnashî dáoshî eïnáyaïnon, ró ken túnátuá ásh odhówon ó nuçhllára yowúll dodhéna ia kyu na rodaowóas.

5. Bó Ngádhol á 'ünskóes. Kuná kûn ó góré gôr llára eïníyétéîsh á adaní óawáún. 6. Ngádhol á kla frótóes pó dínta ô rúnódan ram dáo. Ki ô llevoda dásh frótéllon. Fáu fén fuó dawáódaícúon, fái hui rrodu dû ovawáon dashîún goy gwéi ók daóún. 7. As da odhíyaïn. Tûn wúa 'ünská ó llevoda dîn kyu peshiló oho dîn díntátuá royënóon.

8. Rrí Ngádhol á rûn nuçhfinâróes kópa muc dodhéna ia na, ó rûn góré á kúp weïníyún. 9. Fá thó Peshil ken góré kyu dáo. Kópa hóra Ngádhol á llevoda á dodhéna ia á kyu yenóes. Ngádhol bóúkti á dîn kópa muc yowúll á dodhéna ia kyu nuçhfinâróasúkties.

Reyi Pxaypxiwll

*reverent* "May it be so..." *loosens up*
A fitting bit of old scripture to translate, Karyu Taronyu.

I know I should have chimed in sooner, but count me among the few and far-between who have been following your project.  Your work on "Llama" has given me insight on what kind of work goes into constructing a working conlang.  It goes without saying just how easy or hard it is, depending on who you ask and just what concepts are going into play.

It's been a grand ride, Mr. Taronyu!  I look forward to what may be in store when your project finally takes a more leisurely pace.

P'raps others of us who caught the conlang bug might have our own 1moon/1languange projects to share with you...

Many smiles to you, karyu.  *bow*

Pokey: *rattlefwish*
Reyi:  oh, stop it, Pokey.
Pokey: *rattleroflshwee*
Oel ayngati kameie, ma haryu.  Irayo.  Irayo.
Pokey: *rattleschwee*  Pokey says, "Hi."

Taronyu

Yeah, it's kind of a conlang tradition to translate this.

Thanks for reading! I actually get quite a few hits, which makes me happy. 40~ a day. Not so bad. :D

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it slowing down, as well. It has gone a bit - fast. To say the least. But it has been fun, and not too hard (for me. Not sure about non-linguists trying this. :P)

Yeah! I hope others take up the 1 month 1 conlang call.