Ancient British / Gaulish

Started by Reiey fpi Sìtaron, October 29, 2010, 02:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiey fpi Sìtaron

Just wondering, is anyone on here interested in the ancient British / Gaulish language(s)? The indigenous language of the British and French people before English and French arrived.

I've been reconstructing it for a while now, and have made a website with lessons and a dictionary (all under construction :
http://ancient-british.webs.com/

One of the things that attracts me about Na'vi is how it reminds me of ancient British (iaxti prittanika) in some ways, its even theorized to have contained ejective t, k, and p (tt, kk, pp).

I've found that there has been a surprising number of people interested in it, so thought people on here might be interested too.

Nìkllas

I am actually highly interested in this topic of Ancient British, I wish to read more about it. I will follow your page  close enough. Also I would love to talk to you about it. Do you have mail? Any kind of messenger?

ShadowedSin

I just wanna point out that unless you are discussing the Pictish tribes of Scotland, the Scots speak a Goidelic language, which is a derivative of Old Irish.
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.