Blablaskom - my first conlang

Started by Irtaviš Ačankif, July 18, 2011, 10:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irtaviš Ačankif

This started as Ashskom, skomskom, obyalskom, and such, but to avoid a collision with an existing name I decided on Blablaskom as the name for this language.

Blablaskom is designed to be very easy on vocabulary. This means that the VAST majority of the words will be cognate with a Germanic, Slavic or Romance language, sometimes there will be Na'vi-based words. Heavily influenced by Russian, Latin, and German.

Blablaskom was originally designed as a poetic language, since most of the words rhyme:

All singular nouns end in "skom" but pluras end in "skomy"
All adjectives end in "o"
All verbs end in "a"
All prepositions end in "i"

So here is a sample:

English:
Clean up the dead nantang!

Blablaskom:
Sanitatsa ilko morto nantangskomy!

Na'vi:
Ska'a keruseya aynantang!

As you can see, blablaskom is very verbose so it takes more space. Also notice the obviously Latin words. This is to make learning the language easier for people who speak Latin-based languages.

Word order is NOT free. Must always be SVO for simple sentences and SVO-conj-SVO-conj etc for other ones.

I know, blablaskom sucks - what it does can easily be replaced by plain Latin. But it is a try...
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

That's interesting. :)

I find it nice that the language takes more space, and I think it does sound pretty poetic as well! :D The concept of designing very homogeneous endings is very special, but wouldn't it make an entire text a bit redundant?*

Also, I like the idea that Blablaskom is influenced from already existing languages, but I'm not too sure about keeping entire words (like nantang) though. :-\ In my opinion, you should at least change your words a bit and keep your influences to a more "superficial" level, so that Blablaskom is simply Na'vi-ish, Latin-ish or whatever else, but is not actually just like those languages. :)

Furthermore, I'm wondering about your example. What's the exact translation of sanitatsa and ilko? If the first word is a verb, then what is the verb stem and how do you express the tense? :) Morto is very easy to figure out, it's very similar to French and probably Latin and/or Spanish.

Anyways, very good job, that's all very cool! :D How much is your conlang developed, so far? :)

Irtaviš Ačankif

sanitatsa - verb sanitaya + command ending -tsa
ilko - the (c.f. Italian il + adjective ending -o)
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Cool, thanks for the clarifications! :)