The Concise Strine Dictionary (Australian Slang)

Started by Yayo, January 18, 2011, 01:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowedSin

Idioms in general tend to be quite fascinating. I mean look at one from Japan, "The Nail that sticks up will be hammered down"

"Shooting the breeze"

"Raining cats and dogs"

In Irish the equivalent to the fin as hit the shan is "the Trout is in the Milk"

And Aussie slang looks interesting I wonder how it would compare to Ireland since there was such a heavy Irish population there.
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

Yayo

Added Top, Grundies, Budgie Smugglers and all of Ngawng's synonyms for vomit.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Yayo

Yayo on facebook

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Eyawng te Klltepayu

Put esky and spruiking in the list!

I'm quite enjoying life here.
Evil Eddie - Queensland
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

Ngawng

29.f.australia

Yayo

Holy cow, I do not know. I will add the suggestions.

Yayo on facebook

Ngawng

Bugger has many uses and meanings. The word used to mean....sodomy...but in Australia nowadays not many people know that that was the original meaning, and it's not considered a very rude swear word. Aside from being used as a curse like "damn!" or "crap!".....yeah I think I'll go look it up in my Dad's new dictionary - the "shorter" Oxford English Dictionary...

29.f.australia

Eyawng te Klltepayu

Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.