Conlangery

Started by Tapeworm, August 24, 2011, 06:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapeworm

So, awhile ago I made a topic involving my conlang, Zadu. It wasn't a very good thread, and I'm trying this again.

I tried to make it several times in the past, but never wrote anything down to remember it, then there was that fear of making several words for the same meaning.
Anyway, it's mostly spoken on my brainplanets (Avekh, Viscera, Levidus, Va'kkour and Zagd-Mungi). There are different dialects of it, for example, Schizoids have difficulties pronouncing b's and p's, so they replace them with glottal stops and v's. On the other hand, Hazi can pronounce everything just fine.

Most of what I have on Zadu is here. I'm still working on putting all the words up and such though.
Kxangangang! re'o tem!

'Oma Tirea

I checked out the IPA.  Something to think about: capital letters in IPA usually mean something special.  IPA is usually written in lower-case letters inside brackets.
For <sh>, are you thinking of [ʃ], [ɕ], or something else?
If <th> is not [θ] or [ð], it is most likely [t̪] or [t̪ʰ] if I'm not mistaken with your intentions.  It could also be a sibilant [s̟]
For <ph> and <kh>, the IPA you're thinking of is most likely [pʰ] and [kʰ].  These are known as aspirated consonants.
Finally, the IPA for the glottal stop looks like a question mark: [ʔ]

It's quite interesting that you have no lone A in your alphabet, as well as <psy> and <sci> as letters :)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Very interesting! :) I like the look of your language a lot. :D

Kamean

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on August 25, 2011, 06:19:54 AM
Very interesting! :) I like the look of your language a lot. :D
Mllte. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tapeworm

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on August 25, 2011, 02:57:59 AM
I checked out the IPA.  Something to think about: capital letters in IPA usually mean something special.  IPA is usually written in lower-case letters inside brackets.
For <sh>, are you thinking of [ʃ], [ɕ], or something else?
If <th> is not [θ] or [ð], it is most likely [t̪] or [t̪ʰ] if I'm not mistaken with your intentions.  It could also be a sibilant [s̟]
For <ph> and <kh>, the IPA you're thinking of is most likely [pʰ] and [kʰ].  These are known as aspirated consonants.
Finally, the IPA for the glottal stop looks like a question mark: [ʔ]

It's quite interesting that you have no lone A in your alphabet, as well as <psy> and <sci> as letters :)

I knew there was a word for those I just couldn't figure out what it was.
I do have a lone A, I just forgot to list it. haaa.
Kxangangang! re'o tem!