Dothraki Fanbase

Started by Taronyu, June 19, 2010, 05:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

I looked at the dictionary, and I think the words look really nice :D I'm sure that the language must sound good. (:
So if I understand well, it's really new, isn't it? Where does it actually come from? :O
Anyways, I find fictive languages always very interesting, and if you're really the first one to be learning it that's awesome! ˆ

Le'eylan

Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Thank you for the website :) I've had a look at it, and it's quite nice!

Taronyu

Quote from: Le'eylan on December 15, 2010, 01:19:18 PM
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2010/12/15/dothraki-101.html

I know! It's awesome!!!! :D

Ingsve is already on it, helping to digest the new stuff. I haven't had a chance yet to actually read through it. As usual, in the middle of an essay. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hmm...if fonas chek means hunt well...does that make me a fonasyu? :D

Le'eylan

Quote from: Taronyu on December 15, 2010, 05:10:32 PM
Quote from: Le'eylan on December 15, 2010, 01:19:18 PM
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2010/12/15/dothraki-101.html

I know! It's awesome!!!! :D

Ingsve is already on it, helping to digest the new stuff. I haven't had a chance yet to actually read through it. As usual, in the middle of an essay. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hmm...if fonas chek means hunt well...does that make me a fonasyu? :D

^__^ maybe so!
I'll add some words to my prezi when I got time!
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Seze

Why do I get a feeling that I'm going to be porting the Learn Na'vi app to Learn Dothraki someday...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Taronyu

Quote from: Seze on December 15, 2010, 07:04:16 PM
Why do I get a feeling that I'm going to be porting the Learn Na'vi app to Learn Dothraki someday...

MWAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHA

Seze

Quote from: Taronyu on December 15, 2010, 08:45:23 PM

MWAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHA

It really wouldn't be that difficult, most of the work would be in updating all the artwork to Dothraki like, and then changing some text in the code and where to find things like the dictionary database.  All of this is assuming that there is a system in place like there is now for na'vi (Eana Eltu)...

Taronyu

Quote from: Seze on December 15, 2010, 11:04:30 PM

MWAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHA

It really wouldn't be that difficult, most of the work would be in updating all the artwork to Dothraki like, and then changing some text in the code and where to find things like the dictionary database.  All of this is assuming that there is a system in place like there is now for na'vi (Eana Eltu)...

Yep. So....feel like doing it? :D

Seze

Quote from: Taronyu on December 16, 2010, 04:54:25 AM

MWAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHA

I think I could try working on it this winter sometime.  The hardest part for me would be the artwork, since I really know absolutely nothing about Dothraki...

Taronyu

Quote from: Seze on December 16, 2010, 05:09:36 AM
Quote from: Taronyu on December 16, 2010, 04:54:25 AM

MWAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHA

I think I could try working on it this winter sometime.  The hardest part for me would be the artwork, since I really know absolutely nothing about Dothraki...

I'll see if we can use the photos in the public sphere. Wouldn't need to be artwork, could just be a picture of Daenerys.

I suspect I like valyrian more than dothraki.

Seze

From a software developers standpoint, I define artwork as anything ending in .png/.psd/.jpg/.gif/.etc

akiwiguy

bump.

For something like Eana Eltu, it wouldn't be too hard to make an SQL table with columns for word, translation_en, ipa, last_updated, etc, with a simple PHP frontend for managing words... Plus, online dictionary, and if you can make PDF's in PHP somehow, dictionary madness!

wm.annis

Huh.  I wonder if Dothraki grammarians are going to have the same trouble with zhey we had with ma.

Taronyu

Quote from: wm.annis on January 29, 2011, 03:11:54 PM
Huh.  I wonder if Dothraki grammarians are going to have the same trouble with zhey we had with ma.

It's possible. I just had a long email from DP about that. Now I need to change some stuff, already. :P