Moganese

Started by Ftxavanga Txe′lan, February 27, 2011, 09:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

This is the language that has been invented to be spoken by the bad guys of the film I Am Number Four, the Mogadorians (or Mogs). Has someone seen the movie and heard the language as well? :D Or would anyone happen to have any information about it? :) I instantly found that the language sounds super interesting and fascinating, and I'd be grateful to obtain any further information.

I was only able to gather the following info from websites and interviews:

QuoteThe Mogadorian language was created specifically for the movie and was influenced by ancient Latin, Slavic languages and English. It has its own set of rules so that the director could create and change sentences on set while filming the movie. Videotapes cataloguing the phonetics of Moganese were sent to the actors in order for them to learn and practice the unique language.
QuoteHow challenging was it to learn the Mogadorian language and how long did it take you to feel comfortable with it?

DURAND: There was a lot more Mogadorian when we shot it than what actually showed up, so I became very obsessive compulsive with it. I'm that kind of actor. I get really OCD about things. I probably worked on it for about eight weeks, so that when I showed up, we could use any of the speeches and just throw stuff out. I wanted to understand it enough, so that I could go in and improvise with some of the words. That took awhile.
QuoteIn addition to acting the role, Kevin Durand also had to learn a new language-Mogadorian. "When I first looked at it, I was a little intimidated by it," Kevin Durand recalls. "I was like, 'Wow! This doesn't really sound like anything I've ever attempted to do before.' I love doing accents and I speak a couple of different languages, but this language was really out there, which only makes sense." [...] "I have to say, I got really obsessive with learning it word by word and then perfecting the pronunciation," says Kevin Durand. "It took me quite a while, but now I can say I am a fairly eloquent Mogadorian speaker."
It seems to me, therefore, that the language is developed enough to be learnt. :) That's why I find kinda surprising that no details about it have been published up to now! :o Here is a video so you can hear what it sounds like:

[at 0:09]
Kevin Durand: I Am Number Four Premiere Interview

Kì'eyawn

Cool!  Who developed the language?
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

Le'eylan

Seems interesting (well.. what language doesn't ehe  ::) ) and I like the sound of it.
Too bad if there isn't any good information about it.
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Kì'eyawn on February 28, 2011, 09:15:39 AMWho developed the language?

I don't know! :( It's quite a basic information, however I wasn't able to find it anywhere. :/ Perhaps when the movie is more well-known or has played for a longer time new infos will be released? :o I hope so in any case. (:

Quote from: Le'eylan on February 28, 2011, 10:13:37 AM
Seems interesting (well.. what language doesn't ehe  ::) ) and I like the sound of it.
Too bad if there isn't any good information about it.

Totally agree with this! ;D I think it sounds so.. evil, alien and melodic all at once! 

Puvomun

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on March 01, 2011, 08:28:38 PM
Totally agree with this! ;D I think it sounds so.. evil, alien and melodic all at once! 
Yes, the Mogadorian language sounds perfect for a race that is out for destruction and taking out everything. It was quite impressive.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.